232721 Bullies, 3263 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 9:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTedBear View Post
    When you pop a round and it rips a teardrop hole in your suppressor, you will not be happy.
    I'm by no means an expert on suppressors. Educate me, please. I would like to know how this malfunction occurs. I haven't heard of this type of problem.

Are you saying the round strikes the suppressor? Would this be caused by banging the suppressor on something and knocking it out of alignment or is there another cause?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 10:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or do you mean the suppressor loosens up on the threads, causing wiggle in the suppressor which leads to a strike?

Or both? Or something else?

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 4:47pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never heard of a "teardrop hole" from shooting with a silencer either. I'd also like info on it. Doesn't sound like something common, I tried putting my Google Fu to good use and didn't get a single hit. Is there another name for the issue that's more common?

Also, the maintenance issues usually aren't anything more than changing recoil springs to my knowledge. I've fired a couple pistols with silencers (P22 like the OP, Beretta 92FS w/ threaded aftermarket barrel) and I don't remember the owner telling me that either of them needed anything else other than a different spring.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 5:39pm

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes and yes. Regular maintenance includes replacement of springs, plus being extra sure to keep them clean and clear of obstruction. Some of the guys have done additional cleaning/soaking/replacing of wafers and end caps. Any loosening or misalignment may cause a round to pop the end cap off or tear the edge of the exit/muzzle. Forming a "teardrop". There may be another name for it, but that is what we called it. If you are doing a lot of moving around and rolling, firing from or around barriers, you can strike the barrel and cause a misalignment.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12