Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 12:22am

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rupture Closing its doors??

Not sure if its a "front page" item, but i know its probably of interest and news worthy to many ppl here.

The Following is a copy/paste of the announcement from Rupture Clothings FaceBook page and i don't know how to link or embed or any of that other stuff......

"Everyone,

With a deep sense of regret, I'm writing to inform you that this will be the last iteration of Rupture Clothing products. Due to other business interests and the mounting and sheer impossibility of US-based soft goods manufacturing at a cost that is reasonable, I am making a conscious choice to not release additional items.

For almost 5 years, our company has shipped products to every corner of the US and many countries. Our business grew steadily and continuously and continues to remain very strong. The latest release and overwhelming success of the PTSi shorts made this an extremely difficult decision.

However, US-based manufacturing costs continue to rise, and it is nearly impossible to compete with companies that manufacture overseas from a wholesale perspective. Sticking to our ethos of "Made in the USA" under ethical working conditions means I would never get to grow the brand beyond a certain point. I was never willing to compromise on the former, but knowingly making this decision means Rupture remains a small niche brand. The amount of effort required to run a small company that has a growth ceiling which it is unable to overcome made this decision clear.

It's important to note that this is not being done for financial reasons. Rupture Clothing as a company is financially very strong and has grown year after year, and the brand name carries a lot of value due to our reputation for having the best grappling products on the market. I am choosing not to sell the brand, despite lucrative offers to do so. I am extremely proud of the fact that we built a brand many others copied, and our products still hold the standard for shorts and rash guards to this day. I would not want the company and brand I started with my bare hands to be tarnished with inferior, overseas-made products.

There is really no self-imposed end date for this. However, when the last product on our website shows "Out of Stock", that will mark the end of our product cycle.

I'm proud to say that over the past 5 years we have been known as a principled company with a high degree of integrity. We have never been late paying a sponsored athlete, and have always done our best to make our customers happy. I'm grateful for your patronage and support.

-Nick"........

Needless to say i am less than happy as Rupture were easily at the top of my list when it came to buying my shorts and rashguards.Sorry to hear that they will no longer be producing any more than their current stock. Thanks Rupture,great product and will be missed in an overpriced, underquality market.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 12:28am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well. That sucks.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 12:49am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn! A great guy who put up with plenty of **** here and still gave out free samples when he started.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 7:56am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sucks!! My rupture rash guard and shorts are the best I have! Their rashguards are the only ones I wear!!! Damn it! I'm going to have to go buy one real quick now before they are gone!

Damn it!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 9:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dealt with Nick personally on a few things I got from Rupture. He is a real gentleman and a class act. Altough I hate to see Ruptuire go by the wayside I have no doubt that Nick will land on his feet. Good luck Nick, thanks for everything!

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 11:24am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    I dealt with Nick personally on a few things I got from Rupture. He is a real gentleman and a class act. Altough I hate to see Ruptuire go by the wayside I have no doubt that Nick will land on his feet. Good luck Nick, thanks for everything!
    Who cares about Nick?! (Just kidding Nick) If Rupture closes shop, who's going to sell me the best rash guards and shorts I've ever possessed?

Damn it!
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is what capitalism is about. Enjoy it.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so whats the actual reason for this closure? in one line hes talking about how he cant get any bigger due to economic concerns, then in the next hes talking about how lucrative it is. not sure i quite get it.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 3:50pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    so whats the actual reason for this closure? in one line hes talking about how he cant get any bigger due to economic concerns, then in the next hes talking about how lucrative it is. not sure i quite get it.
    Seems like his potential for growth is limited, but the hours and capital he will have to dedicate to the project are not. His integrity and unwillingness to compromise basic principals makes this a company that I would be inclined to do business with.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhil889 View Post
    However, US-based manufacturing costs continue to rise, and it is nearly impossible to compete with companies that manufacture overseas from a wholesale perspective. Sticking to our ethos of "Made in the USA" under ethical working conditions means I would never get to grow the brand beyond a certain point. I was never willing to compromise on the former, but knowingly making this decision means Rupture remains a small niche brand. The amount of effort required to run a small company that has a growth ceiling which it is unable to overcome made this decision clear.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 7:04pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Nick does have a full time job and family outside of Rupture.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast