Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 2:49pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look, if the guy did his time, sure, let him go back to a normal life. But getting to be a professional athlete? I can't see any honor in this.

This guy raped someone. Thats the kind of thing that has a permanent effect on someone for the rest of their lives. And there is no defense for that. Theres no gray area when it comes to rapists, theres no excuse. Yes, situational awareness is important. But that doesn't detract at all from what the rapist did or give that person any sort of excuse/leeway.

And seriously Jim Jude, **** you, you misogynist dipshit.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jedtex88 View Post
    I personally do not feel that such a person should be in a position where he can influence young children. Children emulate professional athletes. Every child that attends my school wants to be a UFC fighter. It's what got them interested in the Martial Arts. I'm far more worried about the example being set for younger generations than the professional oppurtunites for convicted felons.
    as a side not i disagree with the concept of sports personas being role models. a lot of high level athletes are fucked in the head compared to normal human beings in a variety of ways so god knows why you would want kids to emulate them anyway.

personally i think if youre a young guy and your dad isnt your role model then something went wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 3:21pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with you ideally, Alex, athletes shouldn't be role models and if they are, something went wrong. But realistically, there are a lot of single mother households and other households where the dad is anything but a good role model. A lot of the time, kids in these situations often turn to the TV for people to look up to if they don't have any good influences in their own lives.

Its tragic and shouldn't happen, but it does. And I think thats what jedtex was referring to. Not that athletes are generally good role models or that they should be, but the fact that they will be role models for some kids regardless of whether or not its right.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a long time, claiming that Silat was too deadly for MMA was the dumbest **** Jim had ever posted on Bullshido. Congratulations, Jim. You've finally outdone yourself.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    For a long time, claiming that Silat was too deadly for MMA was the dumbest **** Jim had ever posted on Bullshido. Congratulations, Jim. You've finally outdone yourself.
    Ahem, also this:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92703

Goes from bad to worse from around post 60

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 7:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    For a long time, claiming that Silat was too deadly for MMA ....
    please find a post where I did that... or suck a dick.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 7:36pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Hardly.

Pedophiles, rapists and thieves. Lowest of the low.

I'd bet money your guy didn't pay the hooker. If she was underage, he'd have made all three.
    MY guy!?! LOL @ you whiny bitches, like I ever defended raping a prostitute. Look at the little whiny bitch bandwagon. Man, this place has gotten even worse since I was last here.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 7:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Ahem, also this:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92703

Goes from bad to worse from around post 60
    I know, I got so irrational around post#77:
    I don't see how it's any different than the various practices in feng shui, Tibetan Buddhism & the like... people believe what they want to believe. This kind of thing treads a little too close to judging people for their religious or spiritual beliefs. While I may not agree with them or subscribe to such things, I say let them believe what they like.

Have a Hard-on for the MISA stuff if you like, that's your prerogative, but just because an asshole teaches yoga that doesn't mean that YOGA is Bullshit, just that some asshole used yoga as a opportunity to perpetrate some abuses. It happens everywhere, in all religions, spiritual beliefs, philosophies and political movements that look great on paper, but the PEOPLE get in the way.

Santiago saying "This is my yoga background, for better or for worse, even though these guys have bad reputations or allegations of abuses against them, they are who I learned a lot of what I teach from", some would say that this is a sign of personal integrity. He's not trying to hide his lineage, is he?
    Ooooooh, it's so so bad... shut up bitch

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 7:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    personally i think if youre a young guy and your dad isnt your role model then something went wrong.
    How many situations can you think of where your "dad" isn't a quality role model? c'mon, use your imagination. OF COURSE something went wrong. Nice stating of the obvious.
    (unless you were adopted by a lesbian couple or whatever...)

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 7:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    Look, if the guy did his time, sure, let him go back to a normal life. But getting to be a professional athlete? I can't see any honor in this.
    "Honor"???? MMA is BUSINESS. Period. Romanticizing it into something more than a sport, a simple athletic endeavor, is a personal problem. You're probably one of these idiots who think that athletes are roll models for more than putting a ball through a hoop or running fast or whatever. Stupid.

This guy raped someone. Thats the kind of thing that has a permanent effect on someone for the rest of their lives. And there is no defense for that. Theres no gray area when it comes to rapists, theres no excuse. Yes, situational awareness is important. But that doesn't detract at all from what the rapist did or give that person any sort of excuse/leeway.
    Yeah, no ****. But once someone has done the time, paid their debt to society, who the **** are all of you douche bags to never let them get on with their lives????? Why don't you go tell the guy himself that he's a loser rapist and that you don't think he should fight? Maybe he'll invite you into the ring and prove to him that he has no business in there.
    NO, YOU WON'T DO THAT, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T, AND BECAUSE HIS ABILITY TO FIGHT IS WHY HE IS THERE. It's not "honor" or whatever romanticized bullshit you fanboys can dream up. MMA is business and fighters are in the business of fighting, not fulfilling some bullshit fantasy that the fans have of who or what they should be outside of the ring, or who they must have been before they entered the industry.

And seriously Jim Jude, **** you, you misogynist dipshit.
    Join the whiner bandwagon. & btw fucktard, my bisexual girlfriend also agrees with me, that
    - raping a prostitute is not the moral equivalent to cold blooded murder, which was my point but you idiots don't get it
    - it doesn't matter that the guy has a criminal record, he paid his due & now he should be able to fight & you all should just shut the **** up or just root for his opponents

by all of you fucks idiotic rationale, he could have crippled someone in a drunk driving accident and would have had just a traumatic effect on his victim & their family.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast