Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 8:05am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As always, your contribution, though brief, is enlightening, bodhi. It's like you are able to encapsulate the very essence of your intelligence in simple, easy to read English. I sincerely hope your superiority complex remains untouched, in saying such, I have doubts there exists such a tool to dismantle it. Hats off to you, gifted sir. I can only imagine your thoughts on this topic and it is a burden on my functions.

Some might consider my writing this to be sarcasm. Some might say, "battlefields, quit being facetious", to which I reply, "not until der gets off his intellectual high horse that he has been trotting on like some sort of Punce in a dressage competition".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 8:31am

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Combat sports isn't zen dominated. I'm betting you guys know it better than I do. You got to have your body moving of its own accord almost and reacting to shots and split second opportunities whilst you use your conscious mind to make tiny corrections and style adjustments as your corner dictates it. Not to mention the whole trying to find flaws, predictable patterns in your opponents style and trying to predict some moves(prediction works faster than reaction).

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 9:43am

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "When there is an opportunity, I do not hit. It hits all by itself."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 10:08am

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    "When there is an opportunity, I do not hit. It hits all by itself."
    Isn't that just half of the story? To get that opportunity, wouldn't you be setting it up? Wouldn't you be consciously leading somebody into a corner or pressuring them, maybe even forcing the guy to drop their guard by punching the body or what have you?

I get what you mean though, my body moves of its own accord whenever something blurs in my vision and I just dodge. It was not taught in the gym, just a reflex whenever I get focused.

Edit. Finally, that reflex is actually helpful. Its made me the fool in pretty much all the sports I've tried. Football, volleyball, basketball etc.
    Last edited by StepInCross; 8/13/2012 10:16am at .

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 10:38am

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross View Post
    I get what you mean though, my body moves of its own accord whenever something blurs in my vision and I just dodge. It was not taught in the gym, just a reflex whenever I get focused.
    No, it was just the inevitable BL quote.

I'll bet you don't even know shaolin commandment 13...

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/13/2012 10:45am at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 12:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    As always, your contribution, though brief, is enlightening, bodhi. It's like you are able to encapsulate the very essence of your intelligence in simple, easy to read English. I sincerely hope your superiority complex remains untouched, in saying such, I have doubts there exists such a tool to dismantle it. Hats off to you, gifted sir. I can only imagine your thoughts on this topic and it is a burden on my functions.

Some might consider my writing this to be sarcasm. Some might say, "battlefields, quit being facetious", to which I reply, "not until der gets off his intellectual high horse that he has been trotting on like some sort of Punce in a dressage competition".
    I wasn't talking to you. You're making some interesting comments about something that has nothing to do with Zen.

The rest of this thread is bullshit spouted by people who need to shut the **** up.

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 2:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    What a bunch of horsepuckey.
    Now, y'all might think Bhodi hypocritical when he shits on stuff like this but he's really not.

See, not giving a **** about your preconceived notions and poping philosophical bubles is about as zen as it gets.

His usual "shut the **** up" honestly isn't a bad piece of advice if you're looking to dispell some personal illusions. Just saying...

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 3:33pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    STFU is getting off easy as far as Rinzai Zen is concerned. Rinzai used to beat the stupid out of his students.

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 4:12pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    STFU is getting off easy as far as Rinzai Zen is concerned. Rinzai used to beat the stupid out of his students.
    This explains so much.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 8:25pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My original paper isn't really about Zen at all, but I found some of the topics in the thread by the OP correlated a little, so posted my paper in here to discuss as this was one of the only threads about talking about something similar.

I probably should have started a new one, in all honesty: Pew pew *ducks away*.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast