222100 Bullies, 3530 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. timothius is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27

    Posted On:
    3/16/2012 4:20pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like a good club. What is the difference between a Technical Session and Senior Randori?

    I did Randori on Thursday and I think this is where you practise the things you have learnt with a partner?

    Not sure how useful this would be for me as I have no techniques to practise at the moment!

    Oh and do I want to join the BJA or the BJC?
    Last edited by timothius; 3/16/2012 4:27pm at .
  2. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,616

    Posted On:
    3/16/2012 4:33pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by timothius View Post
    Looks like a good club. What is the difference between a Technical Session and Senior Randori?

    I did Randori on Thursday and I think this is where you practise the things you have learnt with a partner?
    Technical session is where you will be taught the basics and learn throws practicing them through uchikomi and nagekomi.

    Practicing in a technical session:



    A randori session is where you will fight against a partner.

    Randori



    Quote Originally Posted by timothius View Post
    Oh and do I want to join the BJA or the BJC?
    BJA- it has more clubs, more competitions, better organisation, more resources and flashy membership cards.
  3. Timmy Time is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    14

    Posted On:
    3/16/2012 8:53pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well because you like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, there is our first start, no point doing something you donít enjoy. And then you said you loved the Judo training, so I'd recommend this as your second art because you saw less cons over Jujutsu. But remember, you can always, if you have time that is, do all three once you gain a basis on the first two, or even switch in the future. If you learn Judo and BJJ and then want to switch to JJJ it will be an easy transition for you!
  4. timothius is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 3:30am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was going to try BJJ today but my knee still aches from Judo. If I twist it if feels like a leg lock!

    Thought it best to let this recover (it is much better than yesterday) instead of doing BJJ which prob needs a good knee to get a good feel for.

    Quite frustrating. I seem to injure something else after each session of any MA, but luckily all the aches have gone after a day or two.

    judoka_uk: Should I go to the Technical training classes for a bit and skip the randori, until I know some techniques to apply?
    Last edited by timothius; 3/17/2012 3:54am at .
  5. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,616

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 7:42am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by timothius View Post
    judoka_uk: Should I go to the Technical training classes for a bit and skip the randori, until I know some techniques to apply?
    I don't think it works like twitter...

    Ring them up on 01276 62925 and say you want to start, ask them which session is best.

    They will tell you the technical session, but more importantly they will recommend a specific date to come, because they will then be able to prepare to have a beginner in the session and will be ready to accommodate you.
  6. patfromlogan is offline
    patfromlogan's Avatar

    Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hilo Island of Hawaii
    Posts
    8,845

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 11:23am

    supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by timothius View Post
    Was going to try BJJ today but my knee still aches from Judo. If I twist it if feels like a leg lock!

    Thought it best to let this recover (it is much better than yesterday) instead of doing BJJ which prob needs a good knee to get a good feel for.

    Quite frustrating. I seem to injure something else after each session of any MA, but luckily all the aches have gone after a day or two.

    judoka_uk: Should I go to the Technical training classes for a bit and skip the randori, until I know some techniques to apply?
    I've found that wearing a knee wrap helps keep it together and reminds me not to stress or bend too much. Sometimes most of practice is OK to do, with only a bit one can back off from, so you can still workout. Maybe.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
  7. Res Judicata is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,633

    Posted On:
    3/19/2012 10:33am


     Style: Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Usually you can't, there are occasionally exceptions.

    Here's a list of clubs by county, click on your county or nearby county to find a club:
    http://www.britishjudo.org.uk/thesport/findclub.php

    If you really want to learn proper Judo and live in Surrey then go to Camberely:
    http://www.camberleyjudo.co.uk/

    That's some good Judo. Go there!
  8. timothius is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27

    Posted On:
    5/18/2012 9:24pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just an update. Decided to stick to Judo and have been loving it. I pretty much get destroyed in randori, but I'm slowly learning. Was going to cross train, but there is no time, so I'm just sticking to Judo.

    I train 4 days a week at local clubs. Currently not at Camberly as they told me that their randori nights were aimed at brown belts and higher. Still, they are starting a non elite randori session soon on Fridays which I may well go to.

    I'm getting my red belt soon, so the journey is beginning! :)
  9. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,616

    Posted On:
    5/19/2012 7:13am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by timothius View Post
    Just an update. Decided to stick to Judo and have been loving it. I pretty much get destroyed in randori, but I'm slowly learning. Was going to cross train, but there is no time, so I'm just sticking to Judo.

    I train 4 days a week at local clubs. Currently not at Camberly as they told me that their randori nights were aimed at brown belts and higher. Still, they are starting a non elite randori session soon on Fridays which I may well go to.

    I'm getting my red belt soon, so the journey is beginning! :)
    Congratulations. Stick at it and you'll have that black belt before you know it.
  10. twan55 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    44

    Posted On:
    5/21/2012 7:58pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    If you really want to learn proper Judo and live in Surrey then go to Camberely:
    Thanks for making me feel absolute **** about my Judo.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.