Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2012 9:08am

Style: Gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's cool. Probably the right decision for you. Your experience certainly doesn't represent all CMA, but unfortunately it is not nearly as uncommon as I would hope. Do check out CMA where you are from though. In general I find the instruction is better outside of China.

Posted On:
    8/31/2014 3:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Our time at Kunyu mountain shaolin school are great

MY partner and I spent 10 months to study there.Our time at Kunyu mountain shaolin school are great,we recommend.I will never forget my journey at the Academy since it is now part of me and since the learnings I acquired thanks to my masters will still continue to influence my decisions. Sifu Guo, who was my Tai Chi, Qigong, Wing Chun, Sanda, and Baji master, is one of the most important people I have met until now. Sifu Liu, another Wing Chun master, also played a significant role with his strong presence while I was learning Wing Chun and Baji, and with his incredible wisdom, Shifu Xu, for my first Tai Chi form, and Shifu Yu, in Bagua, also has an important part of my recognition, who are all kind and inspiring people.Master Liu is younger who asist wing chun master Guo is also very highly skilled and stuied with Guo for more than six years.The academy has strict rules,of course,you can't take drug,if you were caught by master,you will need to leave!

Posted On:
    9/01/2014 4:49pm

Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iaakus1 View Post
    MY partner and I spent 10 months to study there.Our time at Kunyu mountain shaolin school are great,we recommend.I will never forget my journey at the Academy since it is now part of me and since the learnings I acquired thanks to my masters will still continue to influence my decisions. Sifu Guo, who was my Tai Chi, Qigong, Wing Chun, Sanda, and Baji master, is one of the most important people I have met until now. Sifu Liu, another Wing Chun master, also played a significant role with his strong presence while I was learning Wing Chun and Baji, and with his incredible wisdom, Shifu Xu, for my first Tai Chi form, and Shifu Yu, in Bagua, also has an important part of my recognition, who are all kind and inspiring people.Master Liu is younger who asist wing chun master Guo is also very highly skilled and stuied with Guo for more than six years.The academy has strict rules,of course,you can't take drug,if you were caught by master,you will need to leave!
    A wild sockpuppet appears!

Posted On:
    9/10/2014 12:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you feed them, they will come.

10 month training period for 5 listed arts...
    We may need a YMAS breakaway for proper analysis.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2014 10:02am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No drugs? **** that ****.

================

Posted On:
    9/11/2014 6:13pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    No drugs? **** that ****.
    No "bong sau".

Posted On:
    5/31/2015 2:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post
    Thanks...

The Drugs, in the school it was Weed, one floor stunk of it and when the weekly room inspections came by it was pretty comical watching the masters smell it and not know how to deal with the situation.
    When the guys went down to the town, it was harder drugs, anything from coke to amphetamines.
    Like I say, I dont judge people for doing drugs, but given the reputation of the Shaolin regarding treating the body as a temple etc.. I really did not expect that kind of behaviour and I was disappointed the school was not more disciplined in stamping it out, for what I believe to be financial reasons.

I didn't post this as a warning, as there were plenty of long term students at the school who seemed content, there were some fantastic looking demonstrations of forms, some great looking kicks and some impressive weapon forms....and to a point it was nice to train in an environment which didn't have the usual ego's that MMA tends to attract, so for some people it might be exactly what they are looking for, it just wasnt for me.
    Yep.. typical westerners! Products of post-modern world.
    Weīre all like this. Itī just the thing that we want (and somehow can/do) everything..
    saholin AND drugs
    MMA AND kung fu AND kick box
    travel and visit and live in ... AND in... AND in..

I donīt want to judge anyone, what I say is that it really looks a bit ridiculous (drugs, whores and shaolin) but I think we are ALL pretty much the same in this. Read the book Rebel Sell! Itīs amazing explanation of.. everything!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234