221983 Bullies, 4064 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 83
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    3/16/2012 7:30pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    I can find plenty of examples on YouTube of people with bad elbow dislocations who fought again, and pretty soon. For example:


    You forgot this wicked dick move by one of Judo's poster boys, no less. Judging by the angle of Rhadi's back, this was pretty fucking bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  2. Petter is offline

    12th level logic wielder

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,964

    Posted On:
    3/16/2012 7:33pm


     Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    My two cents: Both Budd and Tate were fighting for big stakes. To be clear, I definitely would have tapped. That given, I'd say that with that adrenaline and energy pumping, if you feel your elbow break, but you don't have any immediate crippling pain (probably due to that handy thing your body does during extreme injury), why WOULD you tap? Your arm's done, your elbow is backward, the damage is through. Might as well try and get out till the ref stops it. There are several examples in MMA history of crippled fighters still getting wins, so it's not like there's 0 incentive.
    It’s also happens in judo. For example, Ronda was talking about that before the fight:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronda Rousey
    At 18 I fought in the German open. My first match was against Finland. I was winning until the last 45 seconds when I tried a risky throw which unfortunately set myself up for an armbar. Before I could believe it, she already dislocated my elbow. I remember thinking: “Well…its already out, tapping won’t make it better, I only have 45 seconds…” I didn’t tap, I kept fighting and my elbow snapped back into place, she popped it out again before I finally escaped the hold and was able to relocate my elbow a second time. I stood up, continued fighting, and won.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”
  3. HereBeADragon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 1:39am


     Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good god that is one tough chick! Dislocated twice in the same fight and still won?
  4. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,219

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 12:49pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More epic Rousey-ness:

    "I'm like screw everyone's idea of 'oh what sports are supposed to be like'" said Rousey. "I did what sports were supposed to be like, and I was living in my car. So you know what, fine. I'm gonna talk a bunch of ****. I'm gonna pose in a couple of pictures. And I'm gonna break a couple of girl's arms, and I'm not gonna feel the least bit sorry about it because you know what? At least I can feed my dog."
  5. danharr is online now
    danharr's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    1,081

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 2:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course a rematch is coming. Question is should it be an immediate rematch or does Tate need to go to the back of the small WMMA line?
  6. Jim_Jude is offline
    Jim_Jude's Avatar

    Shime Waza Test Dummy

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,555

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 4:49pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    More epic Rousey-ness:
    "I'm like screw everyone's idea of 'oh what sports are supposed to be like'" said Rousey. "I did what sports were supposed to be like, and I was living in my car. So you know what, fine. I'm gonna talk a bunch of ****. I'm gonna pose in a couple of pictures. And I'm gonna break a couple of girl's arms, and I'm not gonna feel the least bit sorry about it because you know what? At least I can feed my dog."
    She should feed their arms to her dog & post the vid here.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

    "The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

    "Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
  7. Jim_Jude is offline
    Jim_Jude's Avatar

    Shime Waza Test Dummy

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,555

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 7:18pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post


    You forgot this wicked dick move by one of Judo's poster boys, no less. Judging by the angle of Rhadi's back, this was pretty fucking bad.
    Hey, I like Rhadi! I think he actually went for waki gatame there at the end too.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

    "The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

    "Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
  8. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 7:36pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Hey, I like Rhadi! I think he actually went for waki gatame there at the end too.
    That was Juji Gatame there, unless you call it something different while face down. That's what I was referring to in my comment. He didn't just get the tap, he fucked that dude's arm pretty viciously with no chance to tap. Granted it's competition, but it did seem a little unnecessary, while completely legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  9. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,616

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 7:41pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    That was Juji Gatame there, unless you call it something different while face down. That's what I was referring to in my comment. He didn't just get the tap, he fucked that dude's arm pretty viciously with no chance to tap. Granted it's competition, but it did seem a little unnecessary, while completely legal.
    No, the first submission attempt was a Waki gatame and that Rhadi did crank on. The second submission attempt, that ended the fight, was a Juji gatame and that was in no way cranked. Swiftly applied and to an already injured arm, yes. Dickishly cranked, no.
  10. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    3/17/2012 7:50pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    No, the first submission attempt was a Waki gatame and that Rhadi did crank on. The second submission attempt, that ended the fight, was a Juji gatame and that was in no way cranked. Swiftly applied and to an already injured arm, yes. Dickishly cranked, no.
    The first attempt looks like a clock choke to me.

    Nope, just rewatched it. I thought he wasn't being given the chance to complete the ne waza attack. I just could barely see his hand till now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.