Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 12:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said earlier, it will get the law changed or removed. That's what the **** media blitz was really about in the first place.

:)

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Like I said earlier, it will get the law changed or removed. That's what the **** media blitz was really about in the first place.
    Or possibly simply what it would result in, rather than be about in design.

The NRA bought this law, to promote a gun culture seemingly straight out of a bad movie. It should be catching heat IMO.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 7:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post

The NRA bought this law, to promote a gun culture seemingly straight out of a bad movie. It should be catching heat IMO.
    You are a ******.

That is all.

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 8:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    ghey joke lameness
    I'm performing at the pride week kickoff in the heart of the city this June. Is it fun being (or acting as) a simple bigot? I don't have the luxury, I'm afraid. Too busy being a rational reasonably-well-adjusted adult.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Anyway, back to adult conversation.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...r-ground-laws/
    “In reality the NRA’s leaders weren’t interested in public safety. They were interested in promoting a culture where people take the law into their own hands and face no consequences for it. Let’s call that by its real name, vigilantism,” he said. ”The NRA should be ashamed of themselves. This has nothing to do with gun owners rights. It has nothing to do with the second amendment.”
    Bloomberg, who was joined by civil rights leaders and Florida State Sen. Chris Smith, said the laws had undermined the justice system and have done harm to public safety.
    “They justify civilian gunplay and invite vigilante justice and retribution with disastrous results,” he said.
    ABC News reached out to the NRA for comment, but it has yet to respond.
    In Florida, he said, justifiable homicides increased from 12 per year to 36 per year when the five years before and after the passage of the law were compared.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 11:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank heaven our wise politicians are acting to save all those poor burglars, car jackers, and home invaders from the evil gun wielding citizens of Florida.

Justified homicides increased from 12 to 36 a year after the passage of Stand Your Ground? Goodness. It's like the law was written to permit more killings in defense of property and person to be considered "justified" instead of "deserving of jail time". But that's crazy talk.

Have no fear, potential Democratic voters in the Miami area, your elected officials will bring back "duty to retreat" soon enough and perhaps this will deter the gun owning citizens from harming you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 11:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Nope. With ALL of the misinformation and lies reported about Trayvon and Zimmerman, the only thing that remained constant was the BS about SYG. That NEVER CHANGED. This law was attacked from day one. Hell, like I said earlier, they were even trying to pull in the Castle Laws before any and all information was in.

Hahahahaha hahaha.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 11:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I appreciate New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's desire to legalize to the Christian principle of turning the other cheek, perhaps, with 517 people in one year shot dead in New York in spite of some the strictest gun laws in the nation he would do well to consider the also worthy principle, "Remove thou the log from thine own eye, before thou criticize thy brother for the splinter in his." (Ugh, William Faulkner notwithstanding, the King James Bible and Mississippi idiom don't mesh very well.)

Source on 517 a year, year in question was 2010:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...crime-us-state

Posted On:
    4/19/2012 11:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    While I appreciate New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's desire to legalize to the Christian principle of turning the other cheek, perhaps, with 517 people in one year shot dead in New York in spite of some the strictest gun laws in the nation he would do well to consider the also worthy principle, "Remove thou the log from thine own eye, before thou criticize thy brother for the splinter in his." (Ugh, William Faulkner notwithstanding, the King James Bible and Mississippi idiom don't mesh very well.)

Source on 517 a year, year in question was 2010:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...crime-us-state
    532 murders (in total, not just firearms) in NYC in 2010. A population of 8,391,881 ('09). this is for a population density of 26,403 people per square mile (highest for a US municipality over 100,000).

987 murders in Florida on a population of 18,801,310. That's for a population density of 353.4/sq mi.

Could the disparity possibly have to do with the population there being approx. 74 times more dense?

NY state has a density of 412.3 inhabitants per square mile (159.2 /km2). That's more comparable.

according to:
    http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/murd...ally-and-state
    4.5 murders per 100,000 for NY state vs. 5.2 for Florida in 2010.

Different numbers around, depending on year/source, but the two states seem roughly comparable on the whole.

I'll have more time after my gig tonight, to look some more. Most of the numbers above were from Wiki.

Posted On:
    4/19/2012 1:09pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bloomberg is an ass. The only reason I voted for him when I lived in NYC is that he was the least worst option compared the leftist retards the Demon-rats put up here.

Gun control laws don't work. There is no positive relationship between restrictive gun laws and murder rates/violent crime. It tends to go the other way, actually. Washington DC and Chicago have the strictest gun laws in the US and some of the highest murder rates, for example.

You just end up disarming the law-abiding, leaving just the criminals with guns. Which house to you break into if you're a criminal: the one with the Brady Campaign signs or the one that says "protected by Smith & Wesson"? Do you mug the small woman who is carrying openly?

You also have to look at who is doing the killing and being killed (hint: gangs and drugs are a huge part of it).

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/19/2012 2:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Gun control laws don't work. There is no positive relationship between restrictive gun laws and murder rates/violent crime. It tends to go the other way, actually. Washington DC and Chicago have the strictest gun laws in the US and some of the highest murder rates, for example.
    I don't think I'll ever understand how people think passing laws against legally buying and owning guns will make them so expensive and hard to obtain that crimminals will stop using them. Presumably because this worked so well when we tried it with alcohol.

What really makes my head spin is that these a lot of (but by no means all) these same people will argue for the legalization of pot and other drugs, because "the people that want them are gonna get them, making them illegal just grows the black market and the cartels, plus we're missing out on all that tax money." Cognitive dissonance much?