Our Sponsors:

Page 97 of 231 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 11:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Ill ask again...where in those posts do you see "support for racial profiling"?

A study showing a percentage of racial contacts may indicate racial profiling but its not proof...

I stated that people need to take police strategies and trouble areas into account when looking at race contacts. It seems like you think I should be looking for white folks in the predominantly black neighborhood I work in so that I don't appear to be "profiling".

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Ok I can understand your point here, but again read my post above, I have no problem with most of what you're saying. My problem is when it's taken too far. Which DOES NOT IN ANY WAY mean you personally. I never at any point had a problem with what you are doing in your job. AGAIN I am only talking about those who take it too far.

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 11:51am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a parallel....

It always struck me as odd how people will say "you cant judge all law abiding gun owners by the actions of a few criminals and crazies"....but they have no problem believing all cops and PD's are somehow the same and answerable for each others actions.

I don't deny that some cops/PD's are bad. The whole meme of the thin blue line is overplayed though...I want bad cops winnowed out. I don't want cops railroaded out by overzealous and ignorant masses either.

It seems to me that everybody is way too quick to fire an otherwise good cop over a singular **** up..yes we are held to a higher standard, but we are humans and some form of fairness in discipline should apply. I've seen cries for termination over a singular DWI. If it was a one time event I think that a stiff punishment applies...just like it would be for a non LEO.

But I'm wandering afield here.....carry on.

Last edited by tgace; 4/16/2012 11:55am at .

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 12:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a parallel....

It always struck me as odd how people will say "you cant judge all law abiding gun owners by the actions of a few criminals and crazies"....but they have no problem believing all cops and PD's are somehow the same and answerable for each others actions.

I don't deny that some cops/PD's are bad. The whole meme of the thin blue line is overplayed though...I want bad cops winnowed out. I don't want cops railroaded out by overzealous and ignorant masses either.

It seems to me that everybody is way too quick to fire an otherwise good cop over a singular **** up..yes we are held to a higher standard, but we are humans and some form of fairness in discipline should apply. I've seen cries for termination over a singular DWI. If it was a one time event I think that a stiff punishment applies...just like it would be for a non LEO.

But I'm wandering afield here.....carry on.

I for one do not judge all cops by the actions of a few, don't take my posts to mean that. I have a great respect for law enforcement as a whole, and like any organization the good is often overshadowed by the bad. My posts were only meant to point out one bad part, and in no way was I wanting to attack the good.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 3:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ill ask again...where in those posts do you see "support for racial profiling"?

A study showing a percentage of racial contacts may indicate racial profiling but its not proof...

I stated that people need to take police strategies and trouble areas into account when looking at race contacts. It seems like you think I should be looking for white folks in the predominantly black neighborhood I work in so that I don't appear to be "profiling".

It is like the idiot who said "I gave up" because I wasn't worried about 1 card carrying member of the KKK at work. He has his"beliefs" and he isn't smart enough to articulate them or separate them from your statement.

My posts were only meant to point out one bad part, and in no way was I wanting to attack the good.
    There was no bad part, there was the part you didn't understand.

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 5:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    It is like the idiot who said "I gave up" because I wasn't worried about 1 card carrying member of the KKK at work. He has his"beliefs" and he isn't smart enough to articulate them or separate them from your statement.

There was no bad part, there was the part you didn't understand.
    How narcissistic of you. I understand perfectly what he was saying, I simply disagree with a part of it. And I would hardly call my opinions "beliefs". Beliefs would imply that I'm 100% set in my views, which is also false.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 5:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone else spotted the "Don't Bring Skittles to A Gunfight" T-shirts?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/16/2012 6:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    How narcissistic of you.
    See, if you understood the definition of this word you wouldn't continue to create irony like this:
    I understand perfectly what he was saying, I simply disagree with a part of it.
    No, you don't understand.

And I would hardly call my opinions "beliefs". Beliefs would imply that I'm 100% set in my views, which is also false.
    Good lord, you suck at reading and defining words. That's two words I hope don't show up on your kindergarten graduation test.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since we're jumping all over the place, I'd just like to point out that with a few exceptions, Orlando is the asshole of the universe, especially OBT:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Dep...v/-/index.html

Synopsis: some ass-monkey snatched an old lady's purse and failed to ensure she was fully detached before starting to drive off.

Posted On:
    4/17/2012 10:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post

Synopsis: some ass-monkey snatched an old lady's purse and failed to ensure she was fully detached before starting to drive off.
    That was the SOP for a group over here for a while.
    link

:)

Posted On:
    4/18/2012 12:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...ound-laws.html
    The American Legislative Exchange Council said it will disband a task force that shaped “Stand Your Ground” laws such as one now under scrutiny in Florida, after the departure of corporate members including Coca-Cola Co. (KO) and Kraft Foods Inc. (KFT)
    ALEC's feeling the heat.