222493 Bullies, 4282 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 231 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112131959109 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 4:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No it doesn't, otherwise every street fight in history would have justified deadly self defense.
    No, you're thinking in bullshit schoolyard terms. The rules change when there are two willing participants or when the shooter instigated the fight. I can't come up and slap the **** out of you, then shoot you when you start beating my ass.

But if I'm minding my own business and you attack me with your fists and I can't get away (in my state I have to retreat if possible if I'm not on my own property) and I think I'm going to die, I can shoot you.

Furthermore, in my state and many others if you are beating the **** out of someone else and they're justified in using deadly force to protect themselves, then I'm also justified in using deadly force to protect them. Now, if I make a mistake and it turns out they instigated the fight or deadly force wasn't justified for some other reason and I shoot you - oops, I'm fucked.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 4:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok let's look at this from a different perspective, is there anyone here who can honestly say they believe that if their roles were reversed and a rich white guy had been shot by a black kid, do any of really think the black kid wouldn't be in jail right now??

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 4:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok let's look at this from a different perspective, is there anyone here who can honestly say they believe that if their roles were reversed and a rich white guy had been shot by a black kid, do any of really think the black kid wouldn't be in jail right now??
    Please shut the **** up now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 4:34pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering the kid was 17 and the concealed carry laws in Florida require you to be 21 to get a permit, I'd say the kid would be in jail, yeah.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 4:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if Florida police will get a call in a few days from a Mr. Martin about a suspicious person on the estate.

I wonder if they'll get there in time.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 5:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay, see, it's like this

"Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 5:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    Considering the kid was 17 and the concealed carry laws in Florida require you to be 21 to get a permit, I'd say the kid would be in jail, yeah.
    Since you decided to go with the "I'm a fucking retard" reply option, I'll be more specific. I'm referring to the fact that I think there is a double standard when it comes to prosecution of crimes. So I'll change it to mean a 21 year old black male. Happy now??

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 5:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Please shut the **** up now.
    Well I'll give you credit at least you said please. But I don't do request so I will just hope you get syphilis and die.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 5:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'll give you credit at least you said please. But I don't do request so I will just hope you get syphilis and die.
    Syphilis is for minorities.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 5:41pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since you decided to go with the "I'm a fucking retard" reply option, I'll be more specific. I'm referring to the fact that I think there is a double standard when it comes to prosecution of crimes. So I'll change it to mean a 21 year old black male. Happy now??
    Maybe next time think a bit more before you post. I've seen more than a few reports that clearly show the double standard in prosecution, statistically, when it comes to matters of race. The thing is, you can't attribute that in any individual instance until we have the entire story, which we do not. So yes, I did choose the "you're a fucking retard" reply option.

As for my opinion of what we know so far, I say lock the guy away for as long as possible with whatever charges the prosecution could bring against him. The idea of neighborhood watch is observe and report only, with citizen intervention being only as a result of witnessing a felony in progress. It is sounding like the guy put himself in a position where he felt he had to use his 9mm to resolve it. So **** him for being a cowboy about it. New information could very well change my opinion, though.
Page 9 of 231 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112131959109 ... LastLast