Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:24pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why it will be interesting. You have the backdrop of burglaries and various unknowns in the area. A kid is seen cutting into backyards in a gated community. There is a chase and a fight or a fight and a chase. 911 calls telling him to back off.

I will be curious to see how disappointed everyone will be when he does less time than Mike Vick.

I hope I am wrong, but the spin machine will be ugly.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    If someone is on top of you pounding you into unconsciousness, that's sufficient to feel your life is in danger and it justifies the use of deadly force.
    No it doesn't, otherwise every street fight in history would have justified deadly self defense.

And remember justified deadly force TO YOU does not equate to justified in the eyes of the law, most especially when it comes to using weapons for self defense, which I think is the crucial thing here:

We're not talking about a fist brawl where one guy died. We're talking about a likely brawl where the white guy won by popping some caps in the black kid armed with candy.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/13/2012 2:30pm at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:28pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No it doesn't, otherwise every street fight in history would have justified deadly self defense.
    You're wrong, dude. You are justified in escalating force if you are losing a fistfight, particularly if you are pinned to the ground. You do not have to presume your opponent will knock you out and walk away.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

And remember justified deadly force TO YOU does not equate to justified in the eyes of the law.

And most especially when it comes to using weapons, which I think is the crucial thing here.

We're not talking about a brawl where one guy died. We're talking about a likely brawl where the white guy won by popping caps in the black kid armed with candy.
    DO we really need to get the articles for you? Yes, it is case by case but you are the one that is wrong.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    You're wrong, dude. You are justified in escalating force if you are losing a fistfight, particularly if you are pinned to the ground. You do not have to presume your opponent will knock you out and walk away.
    So at what point does escalating force reach the deadly force threshold, for non law enforcement.

Shooting people is now legal defense for losing a fistfight?

"Your honor, he was kicking my ass...I had to do something. So I blew his brains out. Self Defense.".
    Come the **** on.

Mr 9mm. is not LEF. He's a local armed douchebag who, according to the news, scares his neighbors a bit and shot a kid with no apparent criminal record (right) and no contraband (right?) and no weapon (right?) with a reason to be in the neighborhood (right?).

Oh wait, it's fucking Florida. 9mm will get a plaque from the local Rotary.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:34pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So at what point does escalating force reach the deadly force threshold, for non law enforcement.

Shooting people is now legal defense for losing a fistfight?

Come the **** on.

Mr 9mm. is not LEF. He's a local armed douchebag who, according to the news, scares his neighbors a bit.
    Good to see that your jury credentials are in order.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:35pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

And remember justified deadly force TO YOU does not equate to justified in the eyes of the law, most especially when it comes to using weapons for self defense, which I think is the crucial thing here:

We're not talking about a fist brawl where one guy died. We're talking about a likely brawl where the white guy won by popping some caps in the black kid armed with candy.
    Seriously. Do not dig in like a tick on this. You are wrong. Consider very carefully that your are using the argument that he used deadly force to justify that he was not justified in using deadly force. Parse your statements for logic, walk away and get a club soda before posting again, and think about what you are typing. You have a find mind, but you don't always use it online.

If your train of thought is followed, escalation is never legal. Yes, you do generally have the right, as a "non LEF" to use a weapon if attacked with bare hands, credibly (IE not by a small child or old lady with a purse)

Keep in mind, we're discussing precisely the justification of escalation once hypothetically pinned to the ground - not the fistfight in this incident as fruit from the branch of the initial incident in the op
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In other words, quit fucking moving the goal posts.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys crack me up.

How's this for bad logic.

1 - This kid, armed with Skittles.

2 - was kicking the **** out of this grown man with a criminal record of resisting arrest armed with a 9mm

3 - Resulting in the justified death of the teenager???

Quoth the sage: "Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt."
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/13/2012 2:52pm at .

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try using current pictures. Also, explain the 1-week suspension which resulted in the kid being taken out of town by his father to try and straighten him out.
Page 7 of 231 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910111757107 ... LastLast