Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 10:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    As someone who's had a broken and crooked nose, you really don't bleed much at all. Also I waited a couple of weeks before I got a doctor to fix it. Just a bit of perspective.
    I had my nose broken and I bled all over the place (& I've had maybe four or five nose bleeds in my life). & a few hrs later I was in surgery.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 4:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://rackjite.com/archives/9554-Ne...h-30-2012.html

Bill Maher went on this last Friday. I LOLed.:SoMuchWin:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 7:53am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    As someone who's had a broken and crooked nose, you really don't bleed much at all. Also I waited a couple of weeks before I got a doctor to fix it. Just a bit of perspective.
    I broke a guys nose kickboxing one time and he bled on me so much that I had to throw away the shirt! His nose was crooked before I broke it. It also broke the skin on the outside of his nose on both sides.

I've broken my nose about 15 or more times. Every time, it bled all over the place. The last time, I had to have surgery and my nose and turbinates reconstructed.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 10:09am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    I had my nose broken and I bled all over the place (& I've had maybe four or five nose bleeds in my life). & a few hrs later I was in surgery.
    I'll try to dig up a picture but basically one side collapsed in. It looked horrible and I couldn't breath through it. Didn't bleed all over the place but it looked creepy.

I had it swell another time when a pro mma fighter elbowed me but still didn't bleed. When I got kneed in the chin and split it open I bleed like a stuck pig.
    Last edited by DKJr; 4/02/2012 10:13am at .

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 10:10am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    The demands for the arrest of Zimmerman shows a lack of understanding of how our legal system works. This media fed perception of police procedure is so misinformed that it boggles the mind.

Does anyone actually know what the purpose of arresting someone is? I believe it's clear most do not. The masses seem to see it as some form of official recognition that a crime has been committed, which it is not.

Zimmerman has not fled the state. If charges are forthcoming, the police will seek an arrest warrant and take him into custody. He'll be arraigned and have a bail hearing. If he is granted bail, he will be released until trial.

So arresting Zimmerman on the spot when there is physical and testimonial evidence indicating he MAY have used deadly force in self-defense means WHAT, exactly?

This mob mentality of the ignorant masses trying to force the justice system to take action minus the investigatory process needed to ascertain guilt or prove it's case beyond a reasonable doubt is idiotic.
    Someone who actually understands what's going on. They don't have to arrest and charge him immediately. The DA has plenty of time and it's not like the guy is a serious flight risk.

Someone (Rabbit?) suggested that Zimmerman be charged with murder. On these facts, manslaughter would almost certainly be the very highest possible charge. In any state other than Florida, it probably would be involuntary manslaughter.

Also, Zimmerman is exactly as "fractionally Hispanic" as our President is "fractionally Black"--half. More, in someways, because Hispanic is a cultural designation, he apparently speaks Spanish and identifies himself as Hispanic.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @tgace and other LEOs: wouldn't SPD have taken photographs of Zimmerman's visible injuries for evidence? It would be nice to put this video footage bullshit to rest...

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 10:38am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    @tgace and other LEOs: wouldn't SPD have taken photographs of Zimmerman's visible injuries for evidence? It would be nice to put this video footage bullshit to rest...
    I would hope so.

Thing is...why should any PD release evidence to the media pre grand jury/arrest/trial?

Its this mindset that I find most disturbing....the idea that we are all entitled some sort of "reality tv" public trial....call in (or text) your verdict.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 10:56am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, some of you need to stop. You do realize there is an incident report right? Did any of you read it? You do know that the lead inspector wanted to file charges and was told, by the DA who apparently came in for some reason, to let him go?

It's funny how people only research the **** that supports their position. Then they get mad, when people that do can't get all up in arms. Do I see racial components? Possibly more yes than no. To the point many of the idiots are spewing? Not at all.

If the DA says no, all the police can do is say okay.

Edit:
    Yes, I mean "mad" as in crazy.

oops links:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...atal-shooting/

The lead investigator probing the deadly shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin wanted neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman arrested and charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting, ABC News reports.

Photos: Trayvon Martin

Investigator Chris Serino of the Sanford, Fla. Police Department wanted the 28-year-old Zimmerman behind bars, but the state Attorney's Office said there was not enough evidence to lead to a conviction, sources told ABC.
    The New York Daily News reports Serino was uncertain of Zimmerman's account of how the Feb. 26 incident with Martin played out.
    http://skydancingblog.com/2012/03/28...-the-shooting/
    Last night we learned that the lead investigator the night of the shooting wanted to arrest Zimmerman that night. But Zimmerman was not arrested, because the state Attorney General Norman Wolfinger said there was not enough evidence to convict him.

One more bit of news: this evening a woman whose 13-year-old son witnessed the shooting appeared on CNN Headline News and said that the lead investigator told her that night that he did not believe Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense and that there was some profiling going on.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/02/2012 11:13am at .

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great, so rather than give the Sanford PD time to collect statements and evidence and maybe even interrogate the suspect for a day, the DA showed up same night and said "bah, cut him loose, we have don't have the evidence against him".

What, you mean you need evidence of a crime other than a dead body and admission of guilt to at least keep someone in lockup for more than 24 hours???

Zimmerman's presumption of innocence overrides the right to life that Martin was deprived of for no reason that can be determined?

Bullshit, they could have kept Zimmerman in jail at least a few days while they sorted things out. They took an easy way out and now the public is angry (and rightly so).

Lord knows, police have kept people in jail for YEARS while building a case against them.

What is soooo special about George Zimmerman that he gets the BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT regarding a homicide?

Again, this is one of the reasons why we have special prosecutors....when the standard ones botch things.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/02/2012 11:19am at .

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 11:18am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Great, so rather than give the Sanford PD time to collect statements and evidence and maybe even interrogate the suspect, the DA showed up same night and said "bah, cut him loose, we have no evidence against him".

You mean other than the dead body?

Bullshit, they could have kept Zimmerman in jail at least a few days while they sorted things out.

Lord knows, police have kept people in jail for YEARS while building a case against them.
    What part about police investigations do you not understand? The time to collect all of that evidence properly is likely exactly why the DA said not to arrest that night.

What exactly do you think an arrest means? What would the advantage of an arrest the night of the shooting have been?

What??? Only if they had that person convicted on a separate charge. Once you have a person arrested all sorts of rights and restrictions attach.

Why don't you just stop with the "Law and Order" stuff while you can?
    Last edited by tgace; 4/02/2012 11:22am at .