222091 Bullies, 4105 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 231 FirstFirst 1234 56781454104 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    So did he shoot the kid from his car? Did he shoot without giving any verbal comands?

As you say, we don't really know what happened yet. I will like to hear the 911 call. Most of this discussion will be over at that point, probably.
    Maybe he was sitting in the car with the window down and the kid attacked him. Who knows?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Hmmm.. Sounds a bit to me like he might have confronted him. He must have at least suggested he might to the dispatcher, otherwise why would they have suggested he not do that?

It's a pretty bad bit of luck if he decided to go get some gum instead and the same kid he was just following randomly swung at him.
    I have not read that account of the story until just now. If that's the case, I would agree it sounds like he confronted him.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:27pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Maybe he was sitting in the car with the window down and the kid attacked him. Who knows?
    Well if he shot the kid from his car and the kid was found dead at that location, it would be a different story. If the kid attacked him in his car, and then he gave chase and shot him, it would not fit withing the paramiters of the law, once the kid leaves.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What leads you to believe he detained him?
    Like you, I read the initial article and went looking for other stories.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not read that account of the story until just now. If that's the case, I would agree it sounds like he confronted him.
    The article in the OP tells the same story:
    Lee said the directions the 911 dispatcher gave Zimmerman to not accost Martin when the incident arose were not mandatory instructions.
    "That is a call taker making a recommendation to him. He's not under a legal obligation to do that, so that is not something we can charge him with. But it would have been a good outcome ... if Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman never came in contact with one another."
    You could examine your motives for how you chose to interpret your skim-reading, but I don't suppose you're going to.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:34pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Naw, I didn't read that the same way you did. It was vague enough to make me look for other articles.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness named John. John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot. "And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

myfoxorlando

He did follow the kid while he was talking to the cops on the phone. We don't know what happened after that. Reports said the shooting occurred about 70 feet from the kid's home. It didn't say where the shooter's house was in relation to the kid's home.

Edit:

More info...Florida is a Stand Your Ground State:

The Florida law is a self-defense, self-protection law. It has four key components:

It establishes that law-abiding residents and visitors may legally presume the threat of bodily harm or death from anyone who breaks into a residence or occupied vehicle and may use defensive force, including deadly force, against the intruder.

In any other place where a person “has a right to be,” that person has “no duty to retreat” if attacked and may “meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.”

In either case, a person using any force permitted by the law is immune from criminal prosecution or civil action and cannot be arrested unless a law enforcement agency determines there is probable cause that the force used was unlawful.

If a civil action is brought and the court finds the defendant to be immune based on the parameters of the law, the defendant will be awarded all costs of defense.

The guy wasn't breaking the law by driving on the street near the kid anymore than the kid was breaking the law by walking down the street in his neighborhood. What if the kid took offense and tried to drag the guy out of his car? The guy is allowed to defend himself based on Florida law. That doesn't equate to murder.
    As long as we are using theoretical what ifs, here is mine: I say it was a racial attack. He saw a young black male and ASSumed it must be a gangsta. He probably confronted him, made an accusation and a scuffle began. Then boom fights over. This is the beauty of what ifs, anyone can make up whatever they want.

Now as far as Florida legalizing murder, well if the only excuse and proof required to shoot someone is southparks "he's comin right for us", then yes I would say it's an accurate description.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, two sides of the same coin.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    The article in the OP tells the same story:

You could examine your motives for how you chose to interpret your skim-reading, but I don't suppose you're going to.
    That portion of the article you just quoted says nothing about him chasing the kid down the street. I interpreted it to mean the dispatcher advised him to stay in his house instead of going into his yard. That seems to be a reasonable interpretation to me.

I'm continuing to learn more as I read, as I'm sure you are. The more I read, the more it seems the situation is different than my initial understanding. In fact, I just read that Zimmerman had prior complaints against him for his behavior, which I did not know 10 minutes ago.

To state my position clearly - I'm all for people defending themselves to the greatest extent allowed by law. I'm not for people being retards. Chasing someone on foot through a housing development would fall into the retarded category. Again, not something I was aware of a few minutes ago.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 12:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    As long as we are using theoretical what ifs, here is mine: I say it was a racial attack. He saw a young black male and ASSumed it must be a gangsta. He probably confronted him, made an accusation and a scuffle began. Then boom fights over. This is the beauty of what ifs, anyone can make up whatever they want.

Now as far as Florida legalizing murder, well if the only excuse and proof required to shoot someone is southparks "he's comin right for us", then yes I would say it's an accurate description.
    I think Florida's Stand Your Ground law is awesome and all states should have it. It is not, however a chase a ************ on foot through your neighborhood law.