222495 Bullies, 4162 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2310
Page 221 of 231 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221 222223224225 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 9:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    sideways
    Owlmatt asked a good question, which both you and BFM did the typical "make this unquantifiable thing illegal." I asked you to define it without being subjective. Not only couldn't you do it, you created an entirely different argument while skipping what I quoted from you.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 9:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr
    I said my personal prerogative was not to shop at night due to the gun. That's one people can take or leave I'm not a personal defense adviser nor am I trying to convert anyone to my way of doing things. Yes I believe your mind set should change when you carry the power of life and death. This is something any good self defense instructor will tell you and it's as harmless as advising having situational awareness. Not sure about the four people one guy said I said you have to fight well to join the neighborhood watch which I flat out never said and another made an allusion to cowering in fear which I never said either.
    It's only that your reasoning seems flawed. If you're carrying a gun because you believe you may possibly find yourself in a situation - out of your control - which is more dangerous than you're comfortable with...

I mean, the idea is to NOT change your way of life. If you're carrying and then avoiding your previously regular routine just because you're carrying, maybe you need to re-evaluate. Either you were engaging in inherently dangerous behavior, or you've succumbed to fear.

If the latter, you're more likely to find yourself staring down a smoking barrel, imho, because logic is not governing your behavior - emotion is.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    It's only that your reasoning seems flawed. If you're carrying a gun because you believe you may possibly find yourself in a situation - out of your control - which is more dangerous than you're comfortable with...

I mean, the idea is to NOT change your way of life. If you're carrying and then avoiding your previously regular routine just because you're carrying, maybe you need to re-evaluate. Either you were engaging in inherently dangerous behavior, or you've succumbed to fear.

If the latter, you're more likely to find yourself staring down a smoking barrel, imho, because logic is not governing your behavior - emotion is.
    Engaging in dangerous behavior is your chosen interpretation with all due respect. No going to the store at night is not inherently dangerous but I choose not to do it. Road rage is another thing I avoid to avoid escalating the situation. This is an earlier example I gave and don't see how taking precautions can be construed as living in fear.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 10:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just realized danharr's entire disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    What, specifically, did Zimmerman do that you think should be made illegal?
    Like I said he knows he can't resolve an issue with any other means than deadly force. So why not make his act of putting himself in potentially dangerous situations some form of premeditation for violence?
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The worms, in cans, you like them.
    Please define "potentially dangerous situation" with ZERO subjective explanations.

You define this and you need to apply for a police commissioner job opening.
    I think I'll use this situation as my example and really don't see why it would be a can of worms to go there. If you're going to be a neighborhood watch person in a community that plagued by crime. Isn't it reasonable to assume at some point you may have to deal with trouble? If that is a reasonable assumption why would you go into it with the only option being deadly force? So any situation that would cause you to confront dangerous people and require force against them you should have more going for you than a gun.
    You have no clue what you are doing do you?

How dare someone go to the store and notice something, especially when they can't fight.
    I asked you to define a "potentially dangerous situation" and you created a scenario to make your point. My point was, before all of the other sidetracking, define what you are going to make illegal.

If I flip someone off that's a "potentially dangerous situation."
    If they flip me off that's a "potentially dangerous situation."
    If I investigate a noise, that's a "potentially dangerous situation."
    If I join a neighborhood watch, that's a "potentially dangerous situation."
    If I observe someone in my neighborhood that's a "potentially dangerous situation."
    If I follow someone in my neighborhood that's a "potentially dangerous situation."

So, the can of worms is how do you make it illegal without being subjective?
    How do you do it in a fair manner when it might be he said/she said?

You can't. It isn't like speeding where it is 55 anything over is illegal.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 10:14pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know guess that's what trials are for and I know that sucks balls considering how much trials cost.

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 10:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Work during the day, night shift, sleep all day, work extra hours, run out of something, night person, not a people person, less traffic, smaller crowds, kids, single, wife has a craving, Black Friday sales and you want to.
    Wow I wish I could + rate this more than once.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 8:06am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol and on queue with a troll comment you are but in all seriousness.

I know what all those words mean, but not in that order.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 8:19am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Engaging in dangerous behavior is your chosen interpretation with all due respect. No going to the store at night is not inherently dangerous but I choose not to do it. Road rage is another thing I avoid to avoid escalating the situation. This is an earlier example I gave and don't see how taking precautions can be construed as living in fear.
    When I worked midnight shift, I got to experience how much easier it is to shop at 2 in the morning rather than 2 in the afternoon. Walmart is empty, no lines, the stock people are out so everything is available, and you get a front row parking spot. I am way more likely to get into a fight at Walmart in the day time, than I am a night.

Leaving the house is a "potentially dangerous situation".
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 9:50am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you dildos really honestly trying to compare approaching someone you think is a dangerous person with criminal intent to stop, detain, question or restrain them to shopping or going out for night on the town?

sent from my fablet
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 10:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Are you dildos really honestly trying to compare approaching someone you think is a dangerous person with criminal intent to stop, detain, question or restrain them to shopping or going out for night on the town?

sent from my fablet
    My memory is fuzzy on this when exactly did Zimmerman stop, detain, question, or restrain Trayvon??