232752 Bullies, 3728 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2310
Page 214 of 231 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,245

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 10:55am


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    If Trayvon Martin had truly been "bashing Zimmerman's skull in" on concrete, as CLAIMED and unproven, he'd have suffered at least a minor concussion, a fracture maybe...

    Nope, just minor, short term injuries: scratches and some blood. So much for evidence of anyone's skull being "bashed in". No evidence of any major impact. No TBI. Nada.

    So, leave the embellishments at home, please. Let's not turn Zimmerman's self defense claim into a claim that Trayvon was ACTUALLY about to murder Zimmerman...Zimmerman BELIEVING he was about to be murdered is what the jury also believed. It's impossible to know what Martin intended, aside from watching the NBA game with his father.

    Believing you are about to be killed, and the other person actually intending to kill you are not the same thing and there is to date zero evidence Martin planned to kill anybody.

    Zimmerman knew he might kill somebody...because he had a gun.
    Yes I completely forgot beating the **** out of someone is perfectly legal. Remind me again how marked up was Trayvon's face?? Oh and yes I also forgot that all head injuries are the same so it's a given that he should have had a concussion after all no one has ever died from impacts to the head.
  2. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 10:56am

    supporting member
     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Zimmerman knew he might kill somebody...because he had a gun.
    I know I might kill someone too. And if I do it will be because I was forced to do so, just like Zimmerman was. Welcome to America, where you can shoot people who attack you from the mount.
  3. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,586

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 11:24am

    supporting member
     Style: 

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Yes I completely forgot beating the **** out of someone is perfectly legal.
    This is a straw man argument. Who said anything about "beating the **** of someone" being perfectly legal? Just you.

    You made a claim that someone's head was actually getting bashed into a curb. There is no evidence that ever happened, even if Zimmerman CLAIMED it was what made him fear for his life and reach for his weapon.

    This is what the opponents of the SYG law are now arguing...the law says it doesn't matter if you are ACTUALLY about to be killed...you just have to BELIEVE it...which means any half-flake with a gun in Florida who BELIEVES they MIGHT die can shoot and they can claim self defense. That's not going to end well for a LOT of cases, even if it can be argued for this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Remind me again how marked up was Trayvon's face?? Oh and yes I also forgot that all head injuries are the same so it's a given that he should have had a concussion after all no one has ever died from impacts to the head.
    More terrible arguments. You need to learn more about what a concussion is, how it happens, and why the lack of one in this case sheds doubt on Zimmerman's story.

    But remember...the jury is allowed to doubt part of Zimmerman's story, and by their post-court interviews....they did doubt some of it. But it was doubting the prosecution's version of events that led to his acquittal.

    So, take it from them....if you believe 100% of what Zimmerman has claimed in this case, especially the part about lethal head trauma for which there is no actual physical evidence...you're just being stupid and jumping to conclusions.

    Anybody who has experience with TBI and closed head injuries would know that if the doctors really suspected his head had taking a "bashing", he'd have been given a series of concussion tests and an MRI?

    No concussions, no MRI, right? That would indicate the actual doctors who treated him thought his wounds were very minor. And they were.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/22/2013 11:36am at .
  4. BackFistMonkey is online now
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,299

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 11:29am

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Considering that there had been a number of break-ins in that neighborhood it's not all that hard to believe that Zimmerman may have thought someone was in danger
    You think break-ins are a good enough reason to put your personal safety and the safety of innocents on the line when the police have already been notified and the dispatch told you " we don't need you to do that" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
  5. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 11:35am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No concussions, no MRI, right? That would indicate the actual doctors who treated him thought his wounds were very minor. And they were.
    Let me ask you a question. Can you imagine any scenario where a person caught under mount would be justified to shoot the unarmed person on top? If Zimmerman had been beaten more severely, would he have been justified?

    Would he be justified if he were concussed? What about if his skull were cracked? Would Zimmerman have been justified to shoot if he were in a coma at the moment? What if he was dead? Could he shoot then? I'm thinking he's probably justified to shoot once he's dead. That's just one man's opinion, though.
  6. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,245

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 11:40am


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    You think break-ins are a good enough reason to put your personal safety and the safety of innocents on the line when the police have already been notified and the dispatch told you " we don't need you to do that" ?
    And you would propose what?? Hiding in the corner every time something goes bump in the night?? Following someone shouldn't be cause to place innocents on the line.

    Didn't the 911 tape show that he did in fact say "ok" after the dispatcher told him not to follow?? Suggesting that he did listen.
  7. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,586

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 11:43am

    supporting member
     Style: 

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Let me ask you a question. Can you imagine any scenario where a person caught under mount would be justified to shoot the unarmed person on top? If Zimmerman had been beaten more severely, would he have been justified?

    Would he be justified if he were concussed? What about if his skull were cracked? Would Zimmerman have been justified to shoot if he were in a coma at the moment? What if he was dead? Could he shoot then? I'm thinking he's probably justified to shoot once he's dead. That's just one man's opinion, though.
    At this point with the trial over, I think it's a simple matter of realizing that neither the prosecution or defense's version of events is 100% accurate, clearly, so cheerleading for either side's version of events makes you part of the circus. I've decided I don't want to be part of that (and maybe I was early on in the thread).

    Trayvon was not the innocent youth, but probably not a dangerous gangster. Dangerous if cornered in the dark, maybe.

    Zimmerman's brains were not leaking out when he fired the fatal shot, but he might have literally feared he was going to die, which the law says is justification to kill.

    So as long as everyone who is carrying in Florida is mentally and emotionally stable, I'm fine with SYG. But we're talking about Florida, a state so full of crazy people that the US literally put them "in the corner".
  8. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,245

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 11:50am


     

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    This is a straw man argument. Who said anything about "beating the **** of someone" being perfectly legal? Just you.

    You made a claim that someone's head was actually getting bashed into a curb. There is no evidence that ever happened, even if Zimmerman CLAIMED it was what made him fear for his life and reach for his weapon.

    This is what the opponents of the SYG law are now arguing...the law says it doesn't matter if you are ACTUALLY about to be killed...you just have to BELIEVE it...which means any half-flake with a gun in Florida who BELIEVES they MIGHT die can shoot and they can claim self defense. That's not going to end well for a LOT of cases, even if it can be argued for this one.



    More terrible arguments. You need to learn more about what a concussion is, how it happens, and why the lack of one in this case sheds doubt on Zimmerman's story.

    But remember...the jury is allowed to doubt part of Zimmerman's story, and by their post-court interviews....they did doubt some of it. But it was doubting the prosecution's version of events that led to his acquittal.

    So, take it from them....if you believe 100% of what Zimmerman has claimed in this case, especially the part about lethal head trauma for which there is no actual physical evidence...you're just being stupid and jumping to conclusions.

    Anybody who has experience with TBI and closed head injuries would know that if the doctors really suspected his head had taking a "bashing", he'd have been given a series of concussion tests and an MRI?

    No concussions, no MRI, right? That would indicate the actual doctors who treated him thought his wounds were very minor. And they were.
    Why are you even bringing up the SYG law?? It wasn't used in the defense. Your argument has far more hypotheticals than mine. Were there pictures of Zimmermans head showing wounds?? Yes there were. Your argument that is somehow this magic death line for head injuries is ignorant. Tell me this how does someone know wether they are about to die from a head bashing?? Is there some emergency beeper that goes off??
  9. BackFistMonkey is online now
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,299

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 11:50am

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    And you would propose what?? Hiding in the corner every time something goes bump in the night?? Following someone shouldn't be cause to place innocents on the line.

    Didn't the 911 tape show that he did in fact say "ok" after the dispatcher told him not to follow?? Suggesting that he did listen.
    But he ended up outside the car ... weird.

    Anyway your just being a fucking over reactionary over the top drama queen. If you want to actually have a conversation at any time let me know. As is you're falling under Poe's law and I cant tell if you're parroting right wing idiots full of vitriol and spite or if you actually are one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
  10. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,245

    Posted On:
    7/22/2013 11:52am


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    At this point with the trial over, I think it's a simple matter of realizing that neither the prosecution or defense's version of events is 100% accurate, clearly, so cheerleading for either side's version of events makes you part of the circus. I've decided I don't want to be part of that (and maybe I was early on in the thread).

    Trayvon was not the innocent youth, but probably not a dangerous gangster. Dangerous if cornered in the dark, maybe.

    Zimmerman's brains were not leaking out when he fired the fatal shot, but he might have literally feared he was going to die, which the law says is justification to kill.

    So as long as everyone who is carrying in Florida is mentally and emotionally stable, I'm fine with SYG. But we're talking about Florida, a state so full of crazy people that the US literally put them "in the corner".
    If only you had said this in the first place I would have agreed with you 100%.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.