Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You're assuming again. The evidence is what it is at this point. Why read into it more and assume everyone involved is an incompetent liar or murderer?
    I'm not doing any of those things, I have no idea whether this guy is a murderer or not, I'm just addressing your points.

It seems Martin was on the street, not Zimmerman's property, and that he left his car, not his house, to confront him, by the way: http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborhoo...6#.T19vrhFmIgo

P.S. Neither is it just the family and their lawyers who are alleging the the police investigation may have been flawed: http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborhoo...6#.T19wjhFmIgo
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 3/13/2012 11:07am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    This is why I don't like neiborhood watches. Some dude runs around thinking that he is some kind of vigalante, sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. This ends up hapening, and it all would have been avoided if the stupid guy would have stayed home playing pinochle and greasing his hemorrhoids.

I will look forward to the full investigation, but until then, **** that dude!
    More assumptions. Thanks.

Yes, all people should be docile and let people ratfuck their **** without saying so much as a word. Society would be great then.

You and I have no idea what he did when he went outside other than the tiny bit of information in the press which may or may not be accurate. But he must be a crusading neighborhood vigilante, right? Sure.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    I'm not doing any of those things, I have no idea whether this guy is a murderer or not, I'm just addressing your points.

It seems Martin was on the street, not Zimmerman's property, and that he left his car, not his house, to confront him, by the way: http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborhoo...6#.T19vrhFmIgo
    Okay, fine...Car, street, whatever. People with legs can move from the street to the yard to the garage, etc. Am I wrong?

Again, we're getting bits and pieces of information. Like I said, there's also reports he may have been on his back in the yard.

Whatever the case, none of that **** should lead any reasonable person to the conclusion that murder is legal in Florida.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:17am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, we're getting bits and pieces of information. Like I said, there's also reports he may have been on his back in the yard.
    Where are you seeing that? I can't find seem to Google it up. The consistent story seems to be that Zimmerman followed him down the street in his car, the shooter's house doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.
    Whatever the case, none of that **** should lead any reasonable person to the conclusion that murder is legal in Florida.
    If this was really the law
    Lee told a crowd of reporters and the Martin family:

"In this case, Mr. Zimmerman has made the statement of self-defense. Until we can establish probable cause to dispute that, we don't have the grounds to arrest him."
    Then it's at least pretty hard to get arrested for.

You're a plod, diesel_tke? Is it your understanding that if someone claims self defence then you can't arrest them until you have specific evidence that they're lying?

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where are you seeing that? I can't find seem to Google it up. The consistent story seems to be that Zimmerman followed him down the street in his car, the shooter's house doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.
    "The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness named John. John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot. "And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

myfoxorlando

He did follow the kid while he was talking to the cops on the phone. We don't know what happened after that. Reports said the shooting occurred about 70 feet from the kid's home. It didn't say where the shooter's house was in relation to the kid's home.

Edit:

More info...Florida is a Stand Your Ground State:

The Florida law is a self-defense, self-protection law. It has four key components:

It establishes that law-abiding residents and visitors may legally presume the threat of bodily harm or death from anyone who breaks into a residence or occupied vehicle and may use defensive force, including deadly force, against the intruder.

In any other place where a person “has a right to be,” that person has “no duty to retreat” if attacked and may “meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.”

In either case, a person using any force permitted by the law is immune from criminal prosecution or civil action and cannot be arrested unless a law enforcement agency determines there is probable cause that the force used was unlawful.

If a civil action is brought and the court finds the defendant to be immune based on the parameters of the law, the defendant will be awarded all costs of defense.

The guy wasn't breaking the law by driving on the street near the kid anymore than the kid was breaking the law by walking down the street in his neighborhood. What if the kid took offense and tried to drag the guy out of his car? The guy is allowed to defend himself based on Florida law. That doesn't equate to murder.
    Last edited by Devil; 3/13/2012 11:46am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:47am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You're a plod, diesel_tke? Is it your understanding that if someone claims self defence then you can't arrest them until you have specific evidence that they're lying?
    He's in law enforcement he would know how it works. Yes, if you have no evidence, in this PC age and over litigous society, they will let you go if their is no proof.

I'm talking AMERICA ONLY.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:47am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you jumped to the assumption that it was his yard, why exactly?

When you said these things
    Just because he went outside doesn't mean he initiated any violent confrontation. Maybe he saw the guy just as you do - a kid. Maybe he went outside to shoo the kid out of his yard, which is within his right and the kid attacked him violently.
    Just because he went outside doesn't make him guilty. He's allowed to go in his own yard.
    it kind of seems to me like you're the one constructing an assumed narrative that favours the shooter.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:52am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you expect Devil is a bigot. If you read enough threads where he posts and race is an issue he normally sides the opposite way.

Then again it is no different than Bnet automatically calling it murder and pointing out the kid is black.

Two sides of the same coin. For me, the withholding of the 911 call is telling. There is something key going on in those recordings.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you jumped to the assumption that it was his yard, why exactly?

When you said these things

it kind of seems to me like you're the one constructing an assumed narrative that favours the shooter.
    No, I didn't assume. I read several articles and misunderstood one of them. I stand corrected on that point.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    What you expect Devil is a bigot. If you read enough threads when it is thing like this the minority is 99% in the wrong.
    I can't confirm, but I did read a story where someone mentioned Zimmerman is Hispanic. How do you like them apples?
Page 2 of 231 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast