222098 Bullies, 3909 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2310
Page 181 of 231 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Debra S. Nelson
    Start talking about the trial or I'm a-gonna get culling...
    fixed.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 11:52am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see wut yoo did thur...
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Skype episode with Zimmerman's distance learning teacher was pretty freaking funny. They essentially put up a giant "hack me, please," sign on international TV. One of the callers' avatars looked like a guy blowing a banana. Great stuff, really made the prosecution look like the incompetent buffoons they are.

(edit: video)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 1:21pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I origionally thought he would get convicted of involuntary manslaughter. As it stands right now, I think he going to get off. I don't see where the prosecution has eliminated reasonable doubt from the Murder 2 case, and I don't think they even really touched on the elements of manslaughter:

To establish involuntary manslaughter, the prosecutor must show that the defendant acted with "culpable negligence." Florida statutes define culpable negligence as a disregard for human life while engaging in wanton or reckless behavior. The state may be able to prove involuntary manslaughter by showing the defendant's recklessness or lack of care when handling a dangerous instrument or weapon, or while engaging in a range of other activities that could lead to death if performed recklessly.
    http://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida....CMmf4mtU.dpuf

Florida state laws also establish involuntary manslaughter if the prosecutor shows that the defendant used excessive force during self-defense or the defense of another person.
    I think they messed this part up when they brought in the teacher who talked about disproportionate response in a self defence situation. Which could direct the jury to justify shooting Martin in response to getting beat up.

Of course, you can never tell what a jury is going to do. But it's looking to me like he is going to get off.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 3:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Defense rests... Prosecution is going to call 2 rebuttal witnesses, then closing args, then jury. Whatever the outcome, it will be nice to put this story to bed.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 6:07pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been listening to Al Sharpton's radio show on the drive home from work every day for the lulz. Hearing brother Al and his "legal experts" go on and on about inconsequential bullshit that supports their point of view while completely ignoring the evidence that's going to set Zimmerman free is great entertainment.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/10/2013 8:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I have to say is, if this **** goes down:

I'm buying some of the cream MJ was supposedly using.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    7/11/2013 1:05pm

staff
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They really needed to go after the manslaughter angle. It's viable, and far more winnable. Barring bizarre circumstances, this guy is going to walk.

All the evidence at the very least supports Z's story. Which doesn't make the story true, but there is literally NOTHING objective at this point that categorically refutes his assertions. The fact that he is kind of a dickish Walter Mitty would have helped establish "culpable negligence;" but it really does nothing to forward "deliberate intent to kill."

Manslaughter had a 50/50 shot. This trial over murder two is 1/10 at best.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2013 8:30am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be funny if they get him for aggravated battery, which in Florida still would get him like 15 years. Since we have all these extra provisions for crime with a weapon.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2013 9:11am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    It would be funny if they get him for aggravated battery, which in Florida still would get him like 15 years. Since we have all these extra provisions for crime with a weapon.
    I thought that was the issue or did something change? I thought it was just the one charge of 2nd Degree murder and nothing else?

Edit:
    Oh look at that:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...r-judge-rules/

A jury will consider a lesser charge of manslaughter as well as a second-degree murder charge against accused murderer George Zimmerman, a judge has ruled. But a request by prosecutors for the jury to also consider a lesser charge of third-degree felony murder - an offense that includes the commission of child abuse - drew heated opposition from the defense.
    Devil, myself and a few others said Murder was too high. They even tried to get a 3rd degree felony, used for child abuse, snuck in at the last minute. Yes, I know it happens in cases, but these "prosecutors" were going to "stick to their guns" because "they could prove 2nd degree murder." The punk asses flinched.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/12/2013 9:17am at .