222095 Bullies, 4138 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2310
Page 177 of 231 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177 178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,883

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 1:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    using kindergarten logic and preteen girl emotion post after fucking post.
    Coming from a bigot making bad jokes about race and ad hominems because he's old and bored, that hurts. My preteen girl feelings are very hurt.



    Here's some "kindergarten logic" for you. Seems pretty basic, for sure.

    A - Some homicides are accidents
    B - Accidental homicides can be second degree murders

    C - Therefore, some homicides are murders.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/02/2013 1:43pm at . Reason: /thread
  2. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,225

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 1:43pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post


    It's ironic you call me dumb, but you drop that kind of blatant Boolean logical fallacy.
    Nope, because i already gave you the legal definitions for murder.
    There is no provision for accidents in there, despite the waffling you will now attempt, as is your MO.




    An accidental homicide can be murder.
    Nope, (from my previous link) even in murder 2 there must be:
    1. a person of ordinary judgment would know is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another, and

    2. is done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent, and

    3. is of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life.
    2 = not an accident.

    You are conflating manslaughter and negligent homicide with murder.

    Sorry, you're wrong.

    So, now about your bigotry...
  3. OwlMatt is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    891

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 1:43pm


     Style: aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hahahaha I always love when people say numb and race in the same sentence. I love that you believe sequestered means anything relevant in this day and age.

    I used to be idealistic as well.

    Get the race angle going and you won't have to worry about any of that BS. Ask OJ how well "******" helped hide the facts. No, don't look at the trial videos go read the actual evidence presented at his trial.

    We will just disagree.
    I think it's fair to say that you and I have different levels of faith in humanity, and that our views on how this trial will go reflect that.
  4. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,476

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 1:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Here's some "kindergarten logic" for you. Seems pretty basic, for sure.

    A - Some homicides are accidents
    B - Accidental homicides can be second degree murders

    C - Therefore, some homicides are murders.
    The categories of murder are 1st degree, 2nd degree, voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter. Involuntary manslaughter's the one that doesn't involve intent. 2nd degree just means that it wasn't premeditated.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,778

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 1:51pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I think it's fair to say that you and I have different levels of faith in humanity,
    Just disagree don't be a fucking douchebag and insert a weak fallacy about your vs my "faith in humanity." I think it is fair to say you are an ass for dropping this red herring.
    and that our views on how this trial will go reflect that.
    No, I am talking about a trial. My views on this trial have no reflection on your red herring.
  6. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,225

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 1:57pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    - Accidental homicides can be second degree murders
    No, while the state does not have to prove intent to kill, they must prove the section i quoted above.
    If I batter you and you die as a result, that's not an accident even if I only wanted to maim you.

    I'll also point out that you said this case is an "accidental murder," your argument was never "some homicides are murders", you goalpost moving idiot.
    Your argument was this case is "accidental murder", that's pretty much an oxymoron. (Barring a few very specific situations of course, but those are irrelevant here.)

    An accidental homicide is called manslaughter.

    (1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    http://law.justia.com/codes/florida/...VI/ch0782.html
  7. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,883

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 1:57pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    The categories of murder are 1st degree, 2nd degree, voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter. Involuntary manslaughter's the one that doesn't involve intent. 2nd degree just means that it wasn't premeditated.
    As I understand it, 2nd degree in many US states (they do differ) can also not require an intent to kill, but aggravating a situation to the point of killing. The charge is 2nd degree murder, not manslaughter, right? So why are you guys debating the differences? I wasn't.

    As Cheng pointed in, specifically in Florida the statute is worded such that "aggravating a situation" is due to "ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent".

    Zimmerman evil? I don't think so. Racial hatred? Doubtful.

    Spite? Maybe. Was he projecting his anger at recently being burglarized himself onto strangers in his neighborhood, while armed? Maybe.

    Did an innocent kid he followed end up dead? Definitely.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/02/2013 2:03pm at .
  8. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,225

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 2:00pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Coming from a bigot making bad jokes about race and ad hominems because he's old and bored, that hurts.
    Wait a minute, aren't you the one who went on a while back about how you loved some black kids and they were so awesome it was almost like they were white? .......or something like that.
  9. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,883

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 2:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Wait a minute, aren't you the one who went on a while back about how you loved some black kids and they were so awesome it was almost like they were white? .......or something like that.
    Nope.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,778

    Posted On:
    7/02/2013 2:02pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Florida the Chapter of the statuette, for 2012, is Homicide. Murder falls under that chapter.
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...EChapter%20782

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.