233615 Bullies, 3870 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2310
Page 161 of 231 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 11:22am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe in the title, but I didn't really get that from the article. The first sentence qualifies the age:
    A cousin of the white Hispanic man charged with killing a black unarmed teen told Florida authorities that the neighborhood watch volunteer molested her for 10 years when they were children, according to evidence made public Monday.
    No, it doesn't qualify the age. I read it as a child and or a pre-teen and that it continued into adulthood.
    Then the next time it mentions what happened:
    The woman tearfully recounts incidents she said began when she was 6 and Zimmerman was 8 and she and her sister stayed with Zimmerman and his family
    Right, isn't that EXACTLY what Devil posted? 8 paragraphs in? That's okay, we all hate Devil.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/18/2012 11:26am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 11:47am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    There is definitely something to [the prosecution presenting the charges]. Though it certainly does shed light on the man's character (if true) it does not illustrate the order of events leading up to the assault. It only stimulates conjecture. It's not even circumstantial evidence. It's hearsay.
    It's not hearsay, if the victim testifies... but given that its just a charge, its not compelling.

My layman's understanding of the law states that prior bad acts usually aren't admissible. Now it might be used as rebuttal evidence if Zimmerman's character is brought into question during direct examination. Given that the defense attorney knows this... I highly doubt he'll open Zimmerman to this.

One thing to consider: Marcotte's article is written by someone who is an avowed feminist, and not a lawyer.

It will be interesting to see what facts emerge regarding the events of the shooting at trial. Balistics in particular. Where the two were when the gun went off will paint a fairer picture of what was happening. One based upon physical evidence instead of conjecture. The real meat and bones forensic stuff won't come out until the discovery phase. Until then, it's all just an excersize in debate.
    I'm not sure how much light will be shed based on forensics, unless there is a bomb of some sort (i.e. Martin was on his knees and Zimmerman standing).

Realistically, I'm only monitoring this case for two reasons:

(1) From a legal standpoint: is there an action you can take that invalidates your right to defend yourself?

Let's say Zimmerman started the fight. Threw the first punch. Martin goes to G'n'P. If Zimmerman didn't have the gun, and Martin could have continued on the offensive - he could have killed Zimmerman. That certainly would not have qualified for self defense on Martin's part, and lead to a charge (and possibly conviction) of Manslaughter.

So, the question is, IF Zimmerman started the fight, does that mean he loses the right to defend himself if his opponent escalates the situation?

(2) There are some questionable tactics being used by the prosecutor. I'm starting to get smells of Nifong here.

I guess I would have a helluva easier time seeing the Manslaughter beef than the Murder 2. I don't think Zimmerman entered the situation hoping to injure Martin. I do think he exhibited questionable judgement which might be argued lead to the death of Martin (hence Manslaughter).

In the end, ignoring the 911 dispatcher is going to be what is his downfall. I think that even if the criminal case is deposed in his favor, he'll get eaten up in the civil courts.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 11:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    That's okay, we all hate Devil.
    Well, for the record I think you're pretty awesome. I'm sorry your heart is full of hatred.
    Attached Images  

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 11:56am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF? I hate all white people, I thought you knew.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 11:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    My layman's understanding of the law states that prior bad acts usually aren't admissible.
    Under federal rules, prior bad acts could be admissible if they go to show a pattern, and to his motive or intent. That being said, I don't think his molesting a cousin has *anything* to do with a murder 2 beef.

Marcotte just wants a man she believes is bad (and which is further aided by this accusation) to go to jail. It's her prejudice, not her legal expertise, that leads her to that judgement.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 12:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    WTF? I hate all white people, I thought you knew.
    How could that be? What is there to hate about white people? After the white man brought God and McDonalds to the savages, this is the thanks we get?

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 12:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    How could that be? What is there to hate about white people? After the white man brought God and McDonalds to the savages, this is the thanks we get?
    I thought god was an Egyption invention.

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 12:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Not the real God. Egyptian Gods were fake. The white man brought teh r43l God.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 12:07pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Excuse me, but I've seen Ben Hur. and as Moses was white, I am certain that God is too.

Hollywood gets history right all the time. Just look at Braveheart.

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 12:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    Excuse me, but I've seen Ben Hur. and as Moses was white, I am certain that God is too.

Hollywood gets history right all the time. Just look at Braveheart.
    Of course God is white. That goes without saying. I've seen pictures of his son. Looks white to me.