223559 Bullies, 4151 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2310
Page 156 of 231 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. submessenger is offline
    submessenger's Avatar

    Transmaniacon MC

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    1,602

    Posted On:
    6/03/2012 1:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Because they asked the wife. Why did they ask the wife? Here's a guess: she wasn't the one in hiding and hadn't then subsequently been arrested, so was more likely to know how much money the family had access to via a) their social network of family and friends and b) the website. Zimmerman was arrested and sent to Seminole County Jail on 4/11. It can be difficult to check one's bank balance or make fund-raising phone calls or contact a financial advisor to discuss the possibility of a second mortgage from inside the county lock-up. Shockingly, shockingly, the judge may have decided that Mrs. Z knew better, because she was free to handle money and look at the family accounts in a way that Mr. Z wasn't.

    What's the alternative theory—it's the prosecution's fault for not knowing about the money because all they did was ask about the money and get a non-answer, and then they monitored jailhouse communications and found Mr. and Mrs. Z talking about moving money back and forth between accounts because they didn't know about the money?
    The judge couldn't have decided Mrs. Z knew better than Z after she got done testifying that she didn't know.

    They asked the wife, she said she didn't know, and then they failed to ask Zimmerman himself, but weeks later pull out recorded phone conversations which took place before the bond hearing that prosecutors allege show she knew.

    There are so many unanswered questions, here.

    When did they get these conversations?
    Why were they not available at the bond hearing?
    Again, why didn't they ask Zimmerman after she said that she didn't know?
    Did they "know," she was lying at the hearing, or did they come to that conclusion later?
    Why haven't they filed charges against Mrs. Z?
    For that matter, why isn't O'Mara also facing charges?

    The situation as it is seems to be painting at least a picture of incompetence, if not an attempt at entrapment. I view these as gross errors, and **** like that is not conducive to getting a conviction.
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,923

    Posted On:
    6/03/2012 2:23pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The situation as it is seems to be painting at least a picture of incompetence, if not an attempt at entrapment.
    At a bond hearing? Not to me.

    I view these as gross errors,
    Not me.

    and **** like that is not conducive to getting a conviction.
    He's going to be found not guilty because they didn't ask the right question at a bond hearing? You know a hearing about him staying in jail or being free before the trial not the trial itself. We will disagree on this point.

    Entrapment? How do you entrap someone who is purposely using code on phones that are known to be monitored? I had a friend who went to jail and they had signs all over the place that you were being monitored.
  3. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    6/03/2012 5:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    The judge couldn't have decided Mrs. Z knew better than Z after she got done testifying that she didn't know.
    Did you take a sacred vow to get stupider with every post you make? The question you asked was why didn't they ask Zimmerman. The question is that they asked the wife, and the supposition is that she would know better, not having spent the prior two weeks in county lockup. So they decided to ask her, and she said she didn't know. Why didn't they ask Z? Clearly, the bond hearing was decided based on the wife's claims. It's a bond hearing, dude, not the a capital case. This is usually by the numbers stuff because for the most part people are dumb enough to try to obscure $100,000 in donations.

    They asked the wife, she said she didn't know, and then they failed to ask Zimmerman himself, but weeks later pull out recorded phone conversations which took place before the bond hearing that prosecutors allege show she knew.
    Yes, the prosecutors did that. Prosecutors and defense attorneys bring arguments and motions before a judge. Judges generally don't do a lot of shoeleather investigations on their own.
    There are so many unanswered questions, here.

    Why haven't they filed charges against Mrs. Z?
    Perhaps they will. Perhaps they won't. Nobody's obligated to press charges in every instance of seeming perjury.

    For that matter, why isn't O'Mara also facing charges?
    You seem to be under the impression that a judge responding to a motion filed by a prosecutor leads to all sorts of automatic charges and punishments. Here's a question for you: why is Zimmerman being allowed to turn himself in. He's armed, an escape risk (two passports), and shot and killed one person already. Why don't they send a SWAT team over and beat down the door and drag him back to the county lock-up in chains? Probably because they're actually being reasonable.

    Your argument boils down to, "They're not acting like a bunch of insane power-mad looneys, so they must be up to something."

    The situation as it is seems to be painting at least a picture of incompetence, if not an attempt at entrapment. I view these as gross errors, and **** like that is not conducive to getting a conviction.
    How can you type with Zimmerman's balls in your mouth like that?
  4. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    6/03/2012 8:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

    Entrapment?
    C'mon, they totally entrapped Mrs. Zimmerman by not charging her with anything for lying!
  5. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,626

    Posted On:
    6/04/2012 7:23pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is fucking priceless. Hahahahahaha! Uh, uh, uh. Taxes! Pneumonia!

  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,923

    Posted On:
    6/04/2012 7:29pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, you just saw that? That's over 2 months old. You found the riot quickly but now:
  7. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,626

    Posted On:
    6/04/2012 7:30pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I just saw it. So many internets. So little time.
  8. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    6/05/2012 10:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1566004.html

    unarmed black kids just can't win.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
  9. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,626

    Posted On:
    6/06/2012 8:11am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    And that has what to do with this story?

    Do we really need to have a back and forth poo flinging fest posting every story of senseless violence perpetrated against someone of the opposite race? I vote no. Cause it could get ugly.
  10. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    6/06/2012 8:16am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same thing a congresswoman having a tard moment on TV has to do with the case.

    sent from Pluto to Uranus, using Tapatalk2
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.