223553 Bullies, 4386 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2310
Page 132 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 9:01am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://news.yahoo.com/abc-news-exclu...opstories.html

A medical report compiled by the family physician of accused Trayvon Martin murderer George Zimmerman and obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation.
    Yes, I know family physician, but whatever.

. However, the prosecution contends that Zimmerman instigated the confrontation after profiling the teen, who was walking home after buying skittles and ice tea.
    Annnnnd the circle is complete.

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 9:25am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/abc-news-exclu...opstories.html

Yes, I know family physician, but whatever.

Annnnnd the circle is complete.
    And, aside from the gunshot wound, Martin's only injuries were bloody knuckles.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...uries-h/nN6gs/

Everything so far is consistent with Zimmerman's story, unless he was trying to break Martin's hand with his face.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 9:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone follows me in their car while I'm walking home, then gets out to pursue me on foot when I attempt to flee, and starts demanding that I answer to him, I'll knock his ass out too. I don't understand why treyvon doesn't get stand your ground here.

--------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 9:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    If someone follows me in their car while I'm walking home, then gets out to pursue me on foot when I attempt to flee, and starts demanding that I answer to him, I'll knock his ass out too. I don't understand why treyvon doesn't get stand your ground here.

What you're describing is not self-defense, it's assault and a crime. You'd go to jail and you'd deserve to. You're entitled to defend yourself against violence, but you're not entitled to assault someone who you think is being a jerk. Following someone under the circumstances Zimmerman did is not illegal and would create no reasonable apprehension of imminent danger.

Also, you appear to have mixed up some of the facts (which isn't surprising given the incredibly shitty news reports). It looks like Zimmerman went back to his truck to give the police the location and then Martin came up to him.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And this is the problem with stand your ground laws. Under self defense laws, if a person initiates a physical altercation, they better have an iron clad reason for it. Under stand your ground, the requirements are much more nebulous.

The thing is, I'm willing to say that I have no evidence based idea for what happened between zimmeman pursuing treyvon on foot and the shooting of Treyvon.

But I stand by my statement that I would feel threatened to the point of using force if I were to be followed by a man in a car and then pursued on foot by that man when I tried to retreat. If that resulted on criminal charges, that's what lawyers are for.

Finally, and this is speculation, if Zimmerman was retuning to his car, treyvon could still have felt enough of a threat to use violence. Its reasonable to think trevon could worried about this weird pursuer going for a weapon.

But all this is doodoo as I haven't seen evidence or heard testimony in court. All any of us have is our gut emotional reaction and the news, which is a lot of doodoo.

If you haven't noticed my bias yet, here it is;
    When a child/teen is killed for the offense of walking in public, I have a very hard time seeing the reasoning of the killer.

--------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

But I stand by my statement that I would feel threatened to the point of using force if I were to be followed by a man in a car and then pursued on foot by that man when I tried to retreat. If that resulted on criminal charges, that's what lawyers are for.

Finally, and this is speculation, if Zimmerman was retuning to his car, treyvon could still have felt enough of a threat to use violence. Its reasonable to think trevon could worried about this weird pursuer going for a weapon.
    Nah, that's BS. If you're trying to retreat, then you retreat when you have the chance. You can't still use the "I was retreating" argument when you have the opportunity to do so but choose to double back.

You think it's reasonable to intentionally approach a man you think is going for a weapon instead of taking the opportunity to put more distance between yourself and that person?

Come on, man.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:34am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And this is the problem with stand your ground laws. Under self defense laws, if a person initiates a physical altercation, they better have an iron clad reason for it. Under stand your ground, the requirements are much more nebulous.

The thing is, I'm willing to say that I have no evidence based idea for what happened between zimmeman pursuing treyvon on foot and the shooting of Treyvon.

But all this is doodoo as I haven't seen evidence or heard testimony in court. All any of us have is our gut emotional reaction and the news, which is a lot of doodoo.

When a child/teen is killed for the offense of walking in public, I have a very hard time seeing the reasoning of the killer.

Your bias is old and specific people get mad, but I will say it again, we have argued this exact point incessantly.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:37am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yes, and as I said earlier
    Has anybody waited for anything in this thread? Nope.
    Your scenario has been argued all through this thread since the beginning. Some agree others do not.

Yes, and this has been argued incessantly, from both angles, as well
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/16/2012 10:42am at .

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you're describing is a crime and you would go to jail. It's not even a hard question.

Martin wasn't killed for "walking in public." Where do you people get this ****? If you believe Zimmerman, he shot Marin because Martin decked him (breaking his nose), mounted him, and was punching him and smashing his head into the pavement (bloodying the back of Zimmerman's head). Zimmerman called for help and tried to crawl away then, fearing for his life, he shot Martin.

This really has nothing to do with Stand your Ground, by the way. Even in duty to retreat states, Zimmerman's story (if true) would easily make out self defense. You can't exactly retreat when mounted.

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 10:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [double post]