Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...SzR_story.html

Martinís father, Tracy, said Thursday that family members were upset that no arrest had been made. He described the neighborhood as mixed race but his attorneys said they believed Trayvon Martin was being profiled at the time of the encounter because he was a young black man. Zimmerman is white. The attorneys also questioned why a neighborhood watch leader would carry a gun.
    Yep he could be racist.

Guess what, he could be angry because of the burglaries and was targeting ANY suspicious teen.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    Gates aren't exactly expensive. I've lived in two gated communities in Florida, and both times it was a diverse group of neighbors, racially. Gates don't keep the black families out, they keep the poor families out.
    When I first moved down here, I had a difficult time finding a house for sale in a community that wasn't gated. Granted, Orlando is a little different than here, but not much. I've heard gates are excellent at keeping out ex-girlfriends and disgruntled employees, too.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    not at all. "Minority" is not a binary switch, nor is racism exclusively white to black. Nor does olive skin make him a minority in any meaningful sense.
    You almost got me....
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/13/2012 6:56pm at .

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    Gates aren't exactly expensive. I've lived in two gated communities in Florida, and both times it was a diverse group of neighbors, racially. Gates don't keep the black families out, they keep the poor families out.
    You just said they are not that expensive, but then said they keep the poor families out. Oh and statistically black families have the monopoly on being poor.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 7:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    This is asinine and easily as racist as you are claiming others to be. What, non-whites can't live in a gated community in Florida? You haven't been to (m)any gated communities in Florida, have you?

edit: ****, IiF beat me to it, again.
    edit edit: ****, devil beat me to it, first. I guess it's time to finish this beer and head home.
    I never said they couldn't live there, but more often than not they cannot afford to. And yes a black teen walking alone wearing a hoodie will be profiled in a gated community in Florida. For fucks sake people 2+2=racist.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 7:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Oh and statistically black families have the monopoly on being poor.
    Oh, REEEEAAAALLLLYYY??? The monopoly on being poor. Really?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 7:03pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You just said they are not that expensive, but then said they keep the poor families out. Oh and statistically black families have the monopoly on being poor.
    Gates physically are not that expensive. They are paid for (maintenance and whatnot) through homeowner's association fees. The homes in a gated community are not something low income families could afford.

Once again, you're talking statistics. That works as a whole, but it does not work as an individual case. I could have sworn we just went over that. Here's the logic: gated communities keep out lower income families. The more expensive the area, the more people are excluded from being able to buy there. Because, statistically, black families tend to be poorer than white families, segregation by wealth has an incidence of segregation by race. But you can not then turn around and use that to say "it's a gated community, so racism against blacks is an issue." And the reason you can't say that is because white people don't have a monopoly on being middle class and there are plenty of gated communities that are racially diverse--like the one in question where the kid was shot.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 7:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said they couldn't live there, but more often than not they cannot afford to. And yes a black teen walking alone wearing a hoodie will be profiled in a gated community in Florida. For fucks sake people 2+2=racist.
    Wow that's a stereotype.
    Stereotypes lead to bigotry.
    Bigotry leads to.....Holy **** you are a racist.

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 7:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Wow that's a stereotype.
    Stereotypes lead to bigotry.
    Bigotry leads to.....Holy **** you are a racist.
    No, but I am a hypocrite, that I fully admit to. Now sure I might be pooling everyone into one bucket, but Florida hasn't exactly proven itself otherwise. Hell they elected Jeb Bush, you really need more than that?? I'll give you Miami because it's less rednecky. And yes in case you ask, I consider rednecks to be racist.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 7:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, but I am a hypocrite, that I fully admit to. Now sure I might be pooling everyone into one bucket, but Florida hasn't exactly proven itself otherwise. Hell they elected Jeb Bush, you really need more than that?? I'll give you Miami because it's less rednecky. And yes in case you ask, I consider rednecks to be racist.
    Hahaha okay that's too funny. You make three or four bigoted statements and then say you are a hypocrite? LOL. Thanks I needed a laugh.