218272 Bullies, 7583 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2310
Page 107 of 231 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Achievements:
    1 year registeredThree FriendsTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Czar

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,1035645.story
    Zimmerman took the stand at last week's bond hearing and apologized to Martin's family. He did not, however, mention the fund.

O'Mara said that the family members, at the time of their testimony, "didn't believe that [the money] was fully available to them. But it was there."

O'Mara said that Zimmerman had already used roughly $50,000 of the money "for living expenses -- rent or whatever," and that the remaining $150,000 was now in a separate trust account under O'Mara's control.
    O'Mara admits openly the family knew of the money?

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Geo...149323425.html
    On Friday, speaking after a hearing, O’Mara said, “Quite honestly, with everything he is going through over the past few weeks, if that is the only oversight committed, then we'll deal with it."

Previously Zimmerman’s family had told the judge they would find it difficult to come up with the money for his bond. O’Mara said his family was not being deceptive. However, Florida Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said he wanted to know about the money before making a decision about the bond.

Transmaniacon MC

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    From the transcripts I've seen, nobody ASKED Zimmerman. On the stand, you're under no obligation to volunteer information, only to answer the questions that are posed to you. You want to spin that as a lie by admission? Go ahead, but, um, it probably won't hold up in court.

It's interesting that this line of questioning was probably pre-empted by his apology; was that strategy or luck?

Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah, this type of stuff really gets old. I get disgusted when I hear people telling stories and are oblivious to their own cowardice when they tell it. I can't count the amount of times I have walked out of my house a night with my boxers on and a stick in my hand. Just because I heard a noise.

Matter of fact, some of my neighbors joke about it.
    Yeah, I do the same thing but I'm nude and I carry a dick.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 10:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @the Clumsyninja:
    Sarah never blurted out the location of secret government bunkers live on National TV. Would still pick her over Joe. Although my current theory is that the selection of Joe Biden was in fact a clever ploy by Barak, as even the so-far-out-on-the-fringe-they-may-be-hitting-the-Occupy-Movement-coming-back-around right wingers would prefer a Kenyan Communist with a Middle Eastern dictator name in the Oval Office to Joe Biden, deterring would be McVeighs. Well played, Mr. President. Well played.

In general:
    On the stand you are under no obligation to disclose anything you aren't questioned about. The prosecuting attorneys are at fault here, not Z.

Middleweight

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranYour first Group

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    @the Clumsyninja:
    Sarah never blurted out the location of secret government bunkers live on National TV. Would still pick her over Joe. Although my current theory is that the selection of Joe Biden was in fact a clever ploy by Barak, as even the so-far-out-on-the-fringe-they-may-be-hitting-the-Occupy-Movement-coming-back-around right wingers would prefer a Kenyan Communist with a Middle Eastern dictator name in the Oval Office to Joe Biden, deterring would be McVeighs. Well played, Mr. President. Well played.
    It was very Republican of him, no wonder you like it.

1. Spiro Agnew
    2. Gerald Ford
    3. Nelson Rockefeller
    4. Dan Quayle
    5. Dick Cheney
    6. Sarah Palin

I have called that strategy "Assassination Insurance" for years.

Transmaniacon MC

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 4:15am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    It was very Republican of him, no wonder you like it.

1. Spiro Agnew
    2. Gerald Ford
    3. Nelson Rockefeller
    4. Dan Quayle
    5. Dick Cheney
    6. Sarah Palin

I have called that strategy "Assassination Insurance" for years.
    You forgot:

• algore
    • Walter Mondale
    • Lyndon Johnson

The latter being the impetus for the strategy.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 6:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    @the Clumsyninja:
    Sarah never blurted out the location of secret government bunkers live on National TV.
    In all fairness, she did blurt out an awful lot of other **** she knew nothing about.

:)

Achievements:
    1 year registeredThree FriendsTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Czar

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 9:03am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She didn't know what the job entailed, at all. Aw shucks, the vp has a neat job.

Heavyweight

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This caught my attention:

"....say, unprompted and unambiguously, that thus and so happened because of race. Outside of the most far-left liberals, they seldom do. Even when it is as obvious as a cockroach on white satin, it is something most cannot bring themselves to admit."

and this:

"...more than once, someone has actually told me there’d be no racial problems in this country “if you didn’t talk about it.” What a piece of logic that is: ignore it and it will go away."

Leonard Pitts says clearly what many others debate, makes clear ideas obfuscated from confused motives and unclear arguments.

Lessons from 20th anniversary of Los Angeles riots

By Leonard Pitts Jr.
    lpitts@MiamiHerald.com

Twenty years ago today, my hometown burned. I had moved to Miami the year before and there is, let me tell you, something surreal about watching on television from a continent away as places you’ve been and streets you know are smashed and burned.
    The Los Angeles riots happened because justice did not. They happened because a predominantly white jury in the far flung suburb of Simi Valley looked at video of four white cops bludgeoning a black drunk driving suspect, Rodney G. King, so viciously that even Chief of Police Daryl F. Gates said it made him sick.— and yet, pronounced them not guilty of any crime.

To acknowledge this is not to lionize the rioters. You do not lionize 54 deaths and a billion dollars in property damage. You do not lionize what almost killed Reginald Denny, beaten nearly to death for the “crime” of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong color skin.

But one need not lionize the rioters’ method of expression to empathize with the message they expressed. Namely, a certain frustration, a certain sickness at heart, a certain outrage at being betrayed by justice — again.

It is an experience far older than the L.A. riots — and as relevant as the shooting of Trayvon Martin. On the surface, perhaps, the two incidents have little in common: the then-27-year-old drunkard beaten so badly after a high speed chase that his body and mind still bear the scars, and the unarmed 17-year-old boy shot to death by a neighborhood watchman who thought him suspicious because he was dawdling and looking around.

They are not dissimilar, however, in one telling aspect: delay. It took a ruinous riot and a new federal trial for Rodney King to receive anything approaching justice. It took 46 days, uncounted public demonstrations and the appointment of a special prosecutor for that process even to begin for Trayvon Martin. Historically, that has always been the problem when African Americans seek redress of grievances pregnant with racial overtones. Justice comes slowly, grudgingly, and grumblingly, when it comes at all.

I hear all these warnings not to “rush to judgment” in the Martin case, and it is sage advice. Yet I find myself wondering: when is the last time I saw anyone who is not black look at one of those episodes where the justice system failed African-American people — look at Trayvon, look at Jena, La., look at Tulia, Texas, look at Amadou Diallo, look at Abner Louima — and say, unprompted and unambiguously, that thus and so happened because of race. Outside of the most far-left liberals, they seldom do. Even when it is as obvious as a cockroach on white satin, it is something most cannot bring themselves to admit.

And yes, I know someone wishes I should just shut up about it. I hear that a lot. Indeed, more than once, someone has actually told me there’d be no racial problems in this country “if you didn’t talk about it.” What a piece of logic that is: ignore it and it will go away.

Such people, Martin Luther King once observed, mistake silence for peace. Silence is not peace.

As we count the lessons we have learned since L.A. burned, count that as one of the lessons we have not. Here is another: Justice too long delayed is justice denied. As protesters often put it: “No justice, no peace.”

Sometimes, I wonder if some of us really understand what that means. With the L.A. riots now 20 years behind us and the Martin case before us, it is a good time to consider those words afresh, consider them in light of our noble ideals and too-frequent failings, consider them as if it were you, looking for recourse after justice failed you — again.

Because, you see, that slogan is not a threat. It’s not a prediction. It’s not even a warning.

“No justice, no peace” is a certainty.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/2...#storylink=cpy
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsTagger First Class

Posted On:
    5/01/2012 12:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh ****, it's time for another session of Read with Pat.