232540 Bullies, 4413 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2310
Page 103 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 11:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Are you suggesting anything less than a lethal retort is ineffective (double checks forum we're posting on) to any kind of assault or threat?

Surely you're not serious.
    The fact you proposed this silliness and then suggest someone is "not serious" is hilarious.

The reason I didn't respond was due to the FACT you left that open to move the goal posts. You quoted Rob, responded with a vague worded strawman and then act shocked when someone responded to the context of his quote combined with your reply.

:)

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 12:12am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The fact you proposed this silliness and then suggest someone is "not serious" is hilarious....act shocked when someone responded to the context of his quote combined with your reply.
    I wasn't shocked. It was fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    in a nice cuddly world that idea would work out great, but here in shithell (earth) it seems to leave to much to chance.
    hahahahahahhahahahahahaha So real life confrontation is all to the death?
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 4/24/2012 12:15am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 8:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 9:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I'm still holding out for video - perhaps even Zimmerman's own video. If I was on neighborhood watch duty, I'd be shooting video.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 9:22am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha that article is actually funny. This whole case might hinge on the word CONFRONTED. So, if the prosecutor has any salt she's going to get a conviction based on that one word.

Rhetoric and pathos FTW.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 9:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha that article is actually funny. This whole case might hinge on the word CONFRONTED. So, if the prosecutor has any salt she's going to get a conviction based on that one word.

Rhetoric and pathos FTW.
    That's not what I took away from that article. The passage that stuck in my head regarding the confrontation was this "But even if Zimmerman was the initiator, he will still maintain some right of self-defense."

I don't think they'll be able to prove he was the initiator anyway because I think Martin was the initiator. I think if Zimmerman had been successful in his pursuit of Martin it would be a different story. But I believe Martin took offense to Zimmerman following him and accosted him as he returned to his car, which makes Martin the initiator of the actual fight.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rhetoric and pathos FTW.
    I had a suspicion when Corey announced her charges that Gov Scott basically hung her out to dry. Dershowitz's analysis came out the day after, iirc, and I agree with him - the case against Zimmerman seems razor thin. Consider the following exchange from Zimmerman's bond hearing:

O'MARA: That statement that he had given you -- sorry, law enforcement that day, that we just talked about, turning around and that he was assaulted, do you have any evidence in your investigation to date that specifically contradicts either of those two pieces of evidence that were in his statement given several hours after the event?

GILBREATH: Which two?

O'MARA: That he turned back to his car. We'll start with that one.

GILBREATH: I have nothing to indicate he did not or did not to that.

O'MARA: My question was do you have any evidence to contradict or that conflicts with his contention given before he knew any of the evidence that would conflict with the fact that he stated I walked back to my car?

GILBREATH: No.

O'MARA: No evidence. Correct?

GILBREATH: Understanding -- are you talking about at that point in time?

O'MARA: Since. Today. Do you have any evidence that conflicts with his suggestion that he had turned around and went back to his car?

GILBREATH: Other than his statement, no.

O'MARA: Any evidence that conflicts with that.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He answered it. He said no.

O'MARA: Any evidence that conflicts any eyewitnesses, anything that conflicts with the contention that Mr. Martin assaulted first?

GILBREATH: That contention that was given to us by him, other than filling in the figures being one following or chasing the other one, as to who threw the first blow, no.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...20/cnr.02.html

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:38am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rhetoric rules the day in court end of story. I agree it is razor thin, but with the proper use of persuasion "confronted" and the FACT he was allowed to be in the neighborhood is going to hurt Zimmerman.

I don't care what either of you TOOK form the article. My point is if that one little word is allowed, it will hurt the defense case with the proper prosecutor. Read what I wrote carefully.

Rhetoric got both OJ and Casey Anthony off. Rhetoric has caused hundreds of people to go to jail erroneously regardless of the facts.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rhetoric rules the day in court end of story. I agree it is razor thin, but with the proper use of persuasion "confronted" and the FACT he was allowed to be in the neighborhood is going to hurt Zimmerman.

I don't care what either of you TOOK form the article. My point is if that one little word is allowed, it will hurt the defense case with the proper prosecutor. Read what I wrote carefully.

Rhetoric got both OJ and Casey Anthony off. Rhetoric has caused hundreds of people to go to jail erroneously regardless of the facts.
    You're oversimplifying. Rhetoric may rule the day in court, but rhetoric works both ways. I don't see this case hinging on one single word, regardless of the word.

You can't just ignore the fact that the prosecution appears to have a weak case and assume they're going to be able to use smoke and mirrors to will the facts away. Anything can happen in court and the truth doesn't always rule the day. But I'll put my money on the side with the facts in their favor any day.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your point and mine are not mutually exclusive.