223802 Bullies, 3747 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2310
Page 102 of 231 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 5:04pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Well, that's another month of pointless internet debating in stock for us until they're brought up during the trial, then. Before that, everything Zimmerman's injuries is hearsay.
    Month? Lol. It'll be a lot longer than that before trial.

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 5:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Well, that's another month of pointless internet debating in stock for us until they're brought up during the trial, then. Before that, everything Zimmerman's injuries is hearsay.
    According to the police report he was treated on site by fire dept. paramedics, and refused the hospital trip.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 5:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, I'll be back when this rerun is over.

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 5:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahahaa...

:)

Posted On:
    4/22/2012 10:47am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    SYG was passed by the Florida legislature with an overwhelming majority in both chambers:

http://gestetnerupdates.com/2012/04/...ected-fl-dems/
    A Mass democrat has proposed SYG here.

http://www.telegram.com/article/2012...052/newsrewind
    Gov. Deval Patrick is vowing to veto a bill that would a create a so-called "Stand Your Ground" law in Massachusetts.

More than two dozen lawmakers are backing a bill that mirrors the law at the heart of the debate over the killing of an unarmed black teenager in Florida by a neighborhood watch captain.

State Sen. Stephen Brewer said he’s sponsored the bill for the past five years. The Barre Democrat said his main goal is to protect individuals who defend themselves in public from criminal and civil penalties.
    http://backbay.patch.com/articles/ci...ution-de989af4
    City Councilors Tito Jackson and Felix G. Arroyo introduced the resolution calling upon Beacon Hill to reject senate bill S.00661, titled “An Act Relative to the Common Defense,” otherwise known as “Stand Your Ground.”
    The resolution was passed with no dissent.
    “This proposal is dangerous, and allows for vigilantism in the name of public defense,” said Jackson about the senate bill, which would expand the allowable use of deadly force in self-defense considerably. “It allows for deadly force any place you are allowed to be ... for the perception of a threat. We don’t want Boston to be a place where untrained civilians are encouraged to use deadly force against each other.”
    “The next generation of innovators, leaders and thinkers do not wear what we wear here in the City Council chambers,” he said. “Genius in the making looks different in the 21st century ... We don’t believe in people by fearing them.”

Jackson stated his belief that the Commonwealth already has sufficient laws on the books to allow citizens to defend their homes, property and loved ones—specifically, the Castle Doctrine, which allows deadly force in defense of one’s home. Massachusetts case law has also upheld the use of deadly force outside the home where a person is under attack or in immediate danger, provided they have done “everything reasonable” under the circumstances, to avoid the physical confrontation.

Posted On:
    4/22/2012 3:53pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by What Boby Quoted View Post
    Massachusetts case law has also upheld the use of deadly force outside the home where a person is under attack or in immediate danger, provided they have done “everything reasonable” under the circumstances, to avoid the physical confrontation.
    That sounds like an implied duty to retreat, which is exactly what Stand Your Ground counters. I am more or less in the middle of the debate about such clauses, since my disability prevents me from retreating anyway.

Posted On:
    4/22/2012 9:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    That sounds like an implied duty to retreat, which is exactly what Stand Your Ground counters. I am more or less in the middle of the debate about such clauses, since my disability prevents me from retreating anyway.
    You're allowed to defend yourself here, but to just kill someone, when some other means exists to deescalate seems to me, to counter the very notion of an orderly society. Especially if the only trigger need be fear of imminent harm to one's self or another.

People in the city here live in fear all the time. In most areas, virtually every time a gun is fired in the city it risks hitting bystanders. Anything encouraging gunfire in the city is bad, if you ask me.

I don't just say this because a friend's young son was shot and crippled by a wayward round, but that is part of it. How good a shot is your average gun owner, I wonder?

Barre, Ma where the state sen. represents is very country. I can see how this law would sound good to people in sparsely populated areas, where police response time is longer, and there may not be bystanders to help or accidentally get shot by stray fire, but we're talking about state laws.

Boston, Worcester, and the other urban areas in Massachusetts don't need any more gunplay.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 8:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think I'm going to send Z-man some money for his defense.

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 3:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    You're allowed to defend yourself here, but to just kill someone, when some other means exists to deescalate seems to me, to counter the very notion of an orderly society. Especially if the only trigger need be fear of imminent harm to one's self or another.

People in the city here live in fear all the time. In most areas, virtually every time a gun is fired in the city it risks hitting bystanders. Anything encouraging gunfire in the city is bad, if you ask me.

I don't just say this because a friend's young son was shot and crippled by a wayward round, but that is part of it. How good a shot is your average gun owner, I wonder?

Barre, Ma where the state sen. represents is very country. I can see how this law would sound good to people in sparsely populated areas, where police response time is longer, and there may not be bystanders to help or accidentally get shot by stray fire, but we're talking about state laws.

Boston, Worcester, and the other urban areas in Massachusetts don't need any more gunplay.
    Ok so I'll ask it what other means are you refering to?? Please tell me what other means would give you as high a percentage of being able to survive an attack?? Now don't get me wrong in a nice cuddly world that idea would work out great, but here in shithell (earth) it seems to leave to much to chance.

Posted On:
    4/23/2012 10:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok so I'll ask it what other means are you refering to?? Please tell me what other means would give you as high a percentage of being able to survive an attack?? Now don't get me wrong in a nice cuddly world that idea would work out great, but here in shithell (earth) it seems to leave to much to chance.
    Are you suggesting anything less than a lethal retort is ineffective (double checks forum we're posting on) to any kind of assault or threat?

Surely you're not serious.

What scenario are you envisioning here?

I've defended myself from attack, and (more commonly) scared off, or discouraged many many would be assailants. This without having hit anyone with a closed fist, in anger, in almost 2 decades.

It's easier in the city perhaps, as so much is on camera, and police abound (relative to the country/burbs), and response time is fairly quick, if it's important.

There's been a lot of crazy **** in my city experience, but best not to get into it too deeply here. Suffice to say, d3adly is an absolute and complete last resort. Situational awareness, calling the cops, a loud voice, some alive training, and a cool head does more than anything IMO.