Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 7:14pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At about 1.19 of the third fight you attempt an ouchi gari but you're just too far out. Try setting that up with some tsugi ashi.

Other than that well done. Some nice judo, you'd do well in the green belt competitive gradings we've got in Scotland but if I'm right you guys are all theory for Kyu grades now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 6:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by herbo1 View Post
    At about 1.19 of the third fight you attempt an ouchi gari but you're just too far out. Try setting that up with some tsugi ashi.

Other than that well done. Some nice judo, you'd do well in the green belt competitive gradings we've got in Scotland but if I'm right you guys are all theory for Kyu grades now.
    yeah its all theory up to Brown belt (1st kyu). That said I was made to do plenty of hard randori to finish off my green belt grading. I was told I had to keep going until I had shown enough techniques, like combinations etc and also demonstrate ukemi. I assume this will only ramp up for blue and brown belt gradings.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 7:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congradulations, bigstu. Keep up the good work!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 4:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu31s View Post
    yeah its all theory up to Brown belt (1st kyu). That said I was made to do plenty of hard randori to finish off my green belt grading. I was told I had to keep going until I had shown enough techniques, like combinations etc and also demonstrate ukemi. I assume this will only ramp up for blue and brown belt gradings.
    Good that your coach is working you hard. In Scotland we've got both technical and a competitive pathway still. The BJA system also meant that as a green and blue belt, I was battering other kyu grades at competitions like the North West and I didn't get any points. Still got my 1st kyu now so BJA and Judoscotland points count :OpenMouth:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2012 11:12am

Style: mostly BJJ with some Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nicely done Sir.....

i know when i take a collar grip i like to really jerk the guy around a fair bit as i can really upset his balance and getting him moving as i want him to....may be something to think about.

well done :-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2012 10:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A belated congrats, young man.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123