Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:16am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First Judo Competition Video and I got my Green belt (3rd kyu)

I've already posted about this over in the Judo forum so some of you may already have read/watched already.

Anyway I recently entered my first proper Judo competition. I say proper as I have already entered two Newaza only competitions before coming third in both. I lost my first fight to the eventual winner but won my next two via Ippon, one with a throw and the other with a pin which got me a Silver medal. You can view the videos on my blog http://stuartjudo.blogspot.com/2012_02_22_archive.html

Please be gentle with your comments.

A week later I finished off my green belt grading. I had been doing parts of the technical syllabus over the last few weeks and all that was left was some Randori. First I had to roll with everyone in the club without pause and then I was stood up and told to Randori with two brown belts for 2x5 minutes, again without pause. When I got given my belt at the end I felt like I had earned it. Just wanted to share with you guys
    Cheers
    Stu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 6:56am

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job mate, congratulations.

Now I'll just uhh...leave the technical analysis to those who actually know Judo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Good job mate, congratulations.

Now I'll just uhh...leave the technical analysis to those who actually know Judo.
    It's ok, analyse away

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats on the green belt, I'm a Judo noob so I'm in no position to analyse anything! I'm working my way reading through your blog posts as well, it looks a really good read.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 3:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those were good solid wins bigstu. My only comment is in the first match your opponent seemed pretty dead set in leaning over and pushing into you pretty hard, next time you run into that try going for a hiza guruma or a sasae tsuirkomi ashi. Or if you like uchimata that's another good throw out of that situation as well.

That's my noob advice, good job at the tourney man, its always good to bring home some hardware.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 11:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you remember to say san-kyu?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2012 3:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judojeff View Post
    Those were good solid wins bigstu. My only comment is in the first match your opponent seemed pretty dead set in leaning over and pushing into you pretty hard, next time you run into that try going for a hiza guruma or a sasae tsuirkomi ashi. Or if you like uchimata that's another good throw out of that situation as well.

That's my noob advice, good job at the tourney man, its always good to bring home some hardware.
    Uchi-mata is my go to throw at the moment so I did try it on him. Looking back at my first fight i'm convinced I would beat him if I fought him again. I think nerves got the better of me and made me too stiff. As for Sasae-tsurikomi-ashi, I pulled off my first succesfull one in my green belt grading so I have the confidence to try it some more now.
    Cheers

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2012 3:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ippwned View Post
    Congrats on the green belt, I'm a Judo noob so I'm in no position to analyse anything! I'm working my way reading through your blog posts as well, it looks a really good read.
    Thanks and i'm glad you're enjoying the blog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2012 4:22am

Style: still deciding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations! I just watched the videos and hell, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, my best to your sensei.

May the sun never shine upon your eyes, and the wind always be at your back

Posted On:
    3/14/2012 2:45pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel for you losing to the stiff arming zombie in the first match. You have much better Judo than he does. Work on your uchi mata and you'll eventually smash guys like that.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast