And I Thought California Sucked
This story is a couple weeks old but it blew my mind. I had no idea things had gotten this bad for our impotent northern neighbors.
TLDR - Dad got thrown in the slammer because his little girl DREW A PICTURE of a man with a gun. Yeah, seriously. I'm not even joking.
Damn, that's way lame. I hope nobody finds my portfolio and arrests me for possession of mind altering drugs.
Its a very worrying trend that the Facist and Socialist tactic of using children to inform on their parent's is being extended into schools in modern countries.
Originally Posted by Devil
Also how useless is the Calgary Herald when it is in the same country, but can't get a damn picture of the toy gun, but 3500 miles away the Daily Mail in the UK can get a picture.
Saw that story when it came out a week or so ago. I was going to post about what a bunch of losers they are up there.
But I figure we're hardly half a step away from that kind of bullshit here.
That story just reinforces my current policy of telling my children to NEVER EVER discuss the fact that we have firearms in the house. Last thing you need is some neo nazi CPS agent with a burr up their ass violating your civil rights and bunghole all in one fell swoop.
4....The Kid was 4. Of course she thought it was a real gun regardless of how it looks. Getting kids to tell on their parents is old at school is old. it is just starting to get more play.
Ah, yes. The evil toy pistol.
If things were like that where I lived my kids would've had my ass in prison long ago.
Damn our nanny world for giving the toy gun a bad rap. Kids fucking love 'em! My wife used to work with little kids and said if they didn't have toy guns they'd find sticks that looked like guns to play with. And if they didn't have sticks that looked like guns they'd bite their bread into the shape of a gun. lol.
Man, I miss my childhood days of toy guns and pine cone hand grenades.
This is so typical, it's practically a cliché...
- The irrational fear of firearms in Canada (there are plenty of hunters, and they train some great snipers, but hundguns are treated like evil talismans)
- The shoddy police work when a firearm is thought to be involved (see above)
- The shoddy journalism in Calgary (pretty much the Alabama of Canada) about Ontario police reacting this way
In case that shitty article succeeded in misleading anyone here, it is not illegal to own a firearm in Canada. The accusation which should have been reported is possession of a firearm without a license. Had the police found an actual firearm which was neither unloaded nor locked away separate from ammunition, the father would have been charged with illegal storage of a firearm.
I think pretty much all of the gun laws in Canada are stupid, and that the enforcement of said laws is inept to the point of corruption, but it is important that we know what really happened here within the context of Canadian society:
- A teacher saw a drawing which indicated that a man had committed a crime (because a firearm must be either locked away or disassembled for cleaning when not in use at a licensed range).
- The school notified Family and Children's Services that one of their students might be subject to danger at home (i.e. crime involving a firearm).
- Family and Children's Services notified the police (because handling firearms crimes is not within their purview).
- The police handled the situation quite badly (which is, unfortunately, normal for Canada when firearms are involved).
All of the above is why I will sell my gun before I move to Canada, should such a move happen.
Ditto, I still hate that I lost my Derringer-style cap gun which had a hammer that really cocked.
Originally Posted by Devil
This story just proves that Canadians are in fact retarded. Although I guess the state of Illinois can't say much as we had a small town here that actually outlawed toy guns. Plus we have Chicago.
It's a fake SIG P232. I can't help nerding out and IDing it. Pretty ridiculous. I love living in Arizona sometimes.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO