Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2012 5:24am

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Aerobic Endurance

I have a friend thats a bodybuilder and he taught me some stuff.

Mostly: if you want to gain muscle quickly do low resistance-high reps to achieve muscular hypertrophy, jog alot so you increase metabolism and eat more. Once you get to your desired size you switch to maximal strength training and train some "neural recruitment" and some fancy **** like that.

Now to my question. How do you maintain your aerobic endurance once you are bigger? Because I now gas much much faster. It takes me 15 minutes of straight jogging(it was a slow day to day lowering from 45 minutes) to gas out. Its not that my abs suck at helping my breathing, my mid-section doesn't hurt. My head just becomes light and if I try to jog more I almost faint. Is it normal for your aerobic endurance to suffer when you gain alot of muscle in a short amount of time?

Also, side question: what do you do about the chaffing? I have thinner skin than normal because of long term corticosteroid use(asthma medication) and I sometimes bleed in certain "sensitive areas" due to chaffing alone and it fucking hurts.

Posted On:
    3/12/2012 6:40am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross View Post
    I have a friend thats a bodybuilder and he taught me some stuff.

Mostly: if you want to gain muscle quickly do low resistance-high reps to achieve muscular hypertrophy, jog alot so you increase metabolism and eat more. Once you get to your desired size you switch to maximal strength training and train some "neural recruitment" and some fancy **** like that.

Now to my question. How do you maintain your aerobic endurance once you are bigger? Because I now gas much much faster. It takes me 15 minutes of straight jogging(it was a slow day to day lowering from 45 minutes) to gas out. Its not that my abs suck at helping my breathing, my mid-section doesn't hurt. My head just becomes light and if I try to jog more I almost faint. Is it normal for your aerobic endurance to suffer when you gain alot of muscle in a short amount of time?

Also, side question: what do you do about the chaffing? I have thinner skin than normal because of long term corticosteroid use(asthma medication) and I sometimes bleed in certain "sensitive areas" due to chaffing alone and it fucking hurts.
    Try talcum powder and/or wear tights under your shorts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2012 9:57am

Style: Western Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Capillaries will shrink if your train sarcoplasmic hypertropthy. The best way to get more / bigger capillaries is through more low impact aerobic type fitness such as riding a bike, power walking etc...

With you being big and the oxygen supply now cut off to the working muscles, you'll gas very easily. Something to think about