Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 8:21am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    I've seen people go pakal for EyD (including one of my students), but I don't think I've ever seen it taught as such. I don't care for pakal in general, but a quote from Hock Hockheim ("why would you limit yourself to only learning half the ways to use a knife?") made me work with it more.

I think that was a result of him not having done a lot of sparring. If he's used to wooden weapons and no protective gear, then his level of sparring would necessarily have to be at a much lower intensity. Against a longer weapon, he should have stayed outside of largo as much as possible, used the stick as cover when bridging the gap, and stayed in corto to stab the crap out of the bat-wielder.
    Thanks for this,

It follows what I thought especially regarding the range, I do agree about pakal (I actually used to think it was the cool grip, until I tried sparring with it), we do train with it a fair amount (close to but maybe not quite as much as SakSak) never in EyD though

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 8:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sean micheals View Post
    i consider myself pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by bfgalbraith View Post
    bwahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahaha!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    Any other FMA's train espada y daga with the daga in pakal grip? got to admit I am not a big fan of that grip
    Yeah, it gives a pretty direct gunting option especially against an attack on the daga side. Espada tip is already up, daga tip is already down. Not my preferred way of doing it but it works for some people I guess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 5:54pm

Style: Tai Chi,BJJ,knife-dueling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Kendo headgear has a hard throat protector, and a fencing mask usually has a bib to protect the neck (it's only meant to protect against a fencing sword though). Lynn Thompson's group is known to use cervical collars as part of their protective equipment.
    We stopped using fencing masks because the face grates were tearing up our expensive LARP weapons.

Cervical collars officially on my to-check-out list.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 6:00pm

Style: ARNIS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    B.F.Galbraith-

I don't do eskrima, I do arnis, as it's mentioned on my profile here. So, with you being wrong again, that is not me in the video. I have no idea, except that it could have been 1 of the guys that I had sparred with months ago who said they do eskrima, like I mentioned before. Also, I said I had seen your group of cluster fucks LARPing around, you don't have any videos with me LARPing around with you girls. Also, in the Filipino Martial Arts, "Guro" not "guru", that's derived from Inda. Maestro or Singung are also terms used for instructors in FMA.

Well, it seems like you are going to stop our online argument. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, I hope these other members do stop by and participate in your club, then they'll realize it wasn't worth the gas, time nor energy showing up. And I don't blame them, who wants to join a club of grab assing and learn how to molest children??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 6:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Invest in a few leather gorgets. Your can get decent-but-not-very-pretty ones online for $40 or so.
    Noted. (This is the one option mentioned we were already looking into.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    I don't do eskrima, I do arnis, as it's mentioned on my profile here. So, with you being wrong again, that is not me in the video. I have no idea, except that it could have been 1 of the guys that I had sparred with months ago who said they do eskrima, like I mentioned before. Also, I said I had seen your group of cluster fucks LARPing around, you don't have any videos with me LARPing around with you girls. Also, in the Filipino Martial Arts, "Guro" not "guru", that's derived from Inda. Maestro or Singung are also terms used for instructors in FMA.

Well, it seems like you are going to stop our online argument. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, I hope these other members do stop by and participate in your club, then they'll realize it wasn't worth the gas, time nor energy showing up. And I don't blame them, who wants to join a club of grab assing and learn how to molest children??
    It's this simple sean michael - if you are the guy we are thinking of, you have something to do with the Arnis club at the local community college, which you use to recruit converts to your "martial arts."

That is you, yes or no? Let me put it this way, are you the guy who was in the Gym building teaching your Arnis this wednesday at Noon, wearing a red sash? Because I saw you in person, though you didn't notice me. So I will grant you that you don't have the best memory, and thus may not be actually lying.

It is possible that instead of being the guy in that video, you are instead his "Goru", who chickened out and absolutely refused to spar us at all in the first place. Because of that Goru's level of English competency and age, we don't think it's him, we think it's his padawan, IE the guy in the video.

Does this job your memory better?:

But hey, no worries, I understand why you would want to lie about having been to our club before. After all, community college administrations really don't like it when people use the word "gay" as a pejorative. At this point if someone were to summarize your comments on this thread and mention the phrase "LGBTQF", and the name of the college all in one place, your main source of recruiting victims could be in jeopardy from a common google search.

YOU are the one concealing your identity here. Right now it is impossible for YOUR story to be true, because you have to be that guy in the video based on everything else you have said, yet now you are saying that is not you. Feel free to post video or pictures or what have you at any time. Don't worry, your technique is the very last thing we would ever want to "steal."

AND, if it's not you, why the over-reaction, throwing around sex offender type accusations? Why the unusually short reply? Because it IS you.

But to continue our argument:
    Do you still practice any of those ancient and deadly samurai arts?
    Only on your face.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 6:53pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is he the one holding his hands at his waist and sometimes sinawali-ing?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 6:59pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    B.F.Galbraith-

Who the **** differentiates the terms Kali, Arnis and Eskima in FMA?

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 8:20pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    Who the **** differentiates the terms Kali, Arnis and Eskima in FMA?
    I haven't heard anybody saying that in years! This guy is great!
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast