228174 Bullies, 4691 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 241
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,208

    Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:30pm


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    I'm glad you mention your lineage, some people don't know theirs.
    Let's hear your pedigree.
  2. BFGalbraith is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greater Seattle Area
    Posts
    301

    Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:36pm


     Style: Tai Chi,BJJ,knife-dueling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    I'm glad this is in Trollshido. Is this ^^^ the thing of it? He trolled your videos, and you're mad.
    We get trolled on Youtube all the time, it's not a big deal. What I am trying to figure out is if there is anything to what this guy is trying to say, and now I am starting to see what a waste of time that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Is TresEspadas a style, or a club? It looks like a fun get-together, but are there a set of techniques taught? Just curious.
    Tres Espadas is a club. We have a minimum amount of stuff we like beginners to get familiar with if they have no previous martial arts experience, which comes down to basic blocks, strikes and footwork.

    With "sword grabbing" or other feedback on specific videos, that might be out of the context of me vs. sean, but either way, please link to the specific Tres Espadas video you are refering to, because there are dozens and dozens of these videos and it's hard to say which one you are referering to. You will see a lot of beginners making a lot of mistakes for their first time in these videos, and you will sometimes see things that look very off, but are actually something very specific if you look closer. For example in this video:

    The beginner grabs the sword on the half of the blade closest to the hilt, and he's trying not to grab the sharp edge of the weapon. In theory if you were going to grab a sword (bad idea, obviously,) that is how you would want to do it.
    Last edited by BFGalbraith; 3/13/2012 2:41pm at .
  3. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,585

    Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    I train with real sticks and wooden knives with no pads or protection. When you wear gear and spar, the fear factor is already taken out. It's like telling yourself that it's ok to get hit or stabbed because it don't hurt, that builds bad habits and can be a mind **** to oneself.
    Um, training without any gear and with real weapons is a sure way to ensure that you're not going at it hard, and that's what really takes out the fear factor. Sparring with weapons isn't about saying "well, that didn't hurt so whatever"; you're creating a false dichotomy.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,012

    Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:45pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the response. It was too damn long and wordy, but helpful.

    Anyway, he is a troll. I'm not going to point out all of the logical fallacies he is using, but stop wasting your time.

    You guys are a club that meets once a month. For a certified instructor to be trolling your blog and youtube videos says everything to me.

    Read the damn thread Bobby, he has said it was a club in damn near every post.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,012

    Posted On:
    3/13/2012 2:54pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I explain things in wide generalities because I want you to try to understand what I am talking about, like one teacher to another "teacher"? Don't take my comments for what you may think it is, I have meanings to back up my wording.
    Bullshit. This is a weak debate tactic. Assholes use this to troll, like me, or people that are genuinely unintelligent. It is a way to fish for information and tailor your argument to fit your needs.
  6. BFGalbraith is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greater Seattle Area
    Posts
    301

    Posted On:
    3/13/2012 3:55pm


     Style: Tai Chi,BJJ,knife-dueling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    ... you already deleted all of our comments/arguments ...
    Here is the one comment we saved of yours, and it was the one you actually posted like spam multiple different places on our blog:

    So what we have here is a small group of people who have dabbled into martial arts, boxing or any kind of self defense. No certified instructors, nor students of Martial Arts and you're trying to be a "legitimate" Organization for spreading Martial Art when you don't even appreciate Martial Art? I've watched the videos on this site, people continue to be sloppy, so I don't see any correction in which this "Organization" claims to do. The name of your group is "Tres Espadas" which is Spanish for "Three Swords" but when asked what kind of swords are being represented, it's 3 different Chinese or Kung Fu swords. What I am typing is not intended to bash your group or to pose negativity upon your group, but to let you be aware of what you are trying to pass onto people who have little or no Martial Art experience at all. "Tres Espadas" is Spanish, the swords you represent are of "Chinese" or "Kung Fu" descent and the sparring is with Medieval weaponry (for the most part), so where is the connection? Having people come together and express their self defense or Martial Arts through sparring is a good intention, I agree. Because of Grandmasters/Masters of Martial Arts, that's the reason why Martial Arts still exist today and maybe we should "Bow" to them, since they are the reason and the ones who have tested, shed blood, protected, saved lives and continued to pass on their Martial Art so that we (the fans) can have the privilege/opportunity to learn these arts and pass them on. Please, correct me if I may have been wrong about anything that I have typed here today.
    Do you deny that you wrote this?

    You imply in that quote that you have had some discussion with us about our logo. The only way we have ever discussed our logo before has been face-to-face with people, typically at actual Tres Espadas meetings.

    Have you been to a Tres Espadas meeting before, yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    ...As for my identity, which I'm sure you can't wait to find out...
    See, you are sounding like a few people who have showed up to Tres Espadas hoping to convert us all to their non-sparring FMA or to their point-fighting stop-and-go sparring rules. Some of these people sparred us and the result for them was not what they had hoped.

    So what it sounds like to me is you are hiding your identity because I already have video of one our club members kicking your ass, and now you are trying to say to yourself "well, that's not how it would work in a real fight."

    Whatever it is that you do that is supposedly so much better than what we do, you are not willing to post video of it. So it's probably garbage, and you may or may not know a couple of two man FMA drills, and have no idea how to fight what so ever, and your opinion is not worth my time to further pursue. YOU correct ME if I am wrong here.



    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    I totally agree with your intention about your club, but a lot of material being used would get you killed or seriously injured in real life. I train with real sticks and wooden knives with no pads or protection. When you wear gear and spar, the fear factor is already taken out. It's like telling yourself that it's ok to get hit or stabbed because it don't hurt, that builds bad habits and can be a mind **** to oneself.
    You spar, yes or no? "When you wear gear and spar" means nothing here, again you are avoiding putting any substance at all in any of your statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    I know what it feels to get hit with a rattan/wooden stick or a wooden knife, it doesn't feel good, but that makes me correct myself and not allow myself to get hit again. Of course in a knife fight, you're going to get cut because it's up close and very fast. But I would rather get cut in my hand or outer arm opposed to getting stabbed or cut in vital areas.
    Just about everyone who has done FMA or Choy Lay Fut have done wooden weapon drills fast enough to get hit on accident, myself included. This does not compensate for lack of sparring. You spar: yes or no?

    ...you don't understand whats going on around you... blah blah blah... I think epistemology is my own new special idea... blah blah blah...
    I have standards about who I take feedback from. If you aren't competent at what we are doing or something similar, I really don't care what you have to say about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    I see a lot of swinging with the knife videos mainly, a lot of unbalanced footwork, a lot of "just jumping in" attacks... but I was just pointing out things that can form bad habits.
    In FMA 9/12 basic strikes are swinging strikes. If your style really is ARNIS, why do you have a problem with swinging attacks with a knife?

    Please post video of people sparring (full contact and continuously) with the "properly balanced footwork" and "not just jumping in attacks" you speak of, so I at least know what you are talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    There's a lot of offense being used by both parties, are you teaching self defense or how to attack someone?
    One nonviolent way to end a knife fight fast is to slash someone's face severely enough so that they can not or do not want to continue the confrontation further - fight over, no one is dead. You can do this at range with evasive footwork. We land solid slashes on each other's face plates all the time. This is obvious from watching our videos, and an example of how you sound like you don't know what you are talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    Why would any kind of high kick be used? And what's more serious, getting kicked or being stabbed or bashed with a blunt weapon to a vital area on your body?
    The reason why is because we started teaching this guy how to round kick less than 24 hours before this footage was taken, and here he stops Phil with a liver kick:

    If you don't know why round kicks are useful in a weapon fight, then you need to study a lot more martial arts before I can take you seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    So, the more you post updated videos, I hope to see more improvement. I really do, because you want people to have the knowledge and capability to defend themselves in real life situations. Not playing tag with weapons.
    I hope that if you will not post video that suggests you have done some weapon sparring before, you will keep your irrelevant opinions to yourself.
    Last edited by BFGalbraith; 3/13/2012 4:09pm at .
  7. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,203

    Posted On:
    3/13/2012 4:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think that fat guy was just winded from having to move his arms for 30 seconds
  8. BFGalbraith is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greater Seattle Area
    Posts
    301

    Posted On:
    3/13/2012 5:49pm


     Style: Tai Chi,BJJ,knife-dueling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    i think that fat guy was just winded from having to move his arms for 30 seconds
    Same fatty-fat-fatty hustling for full 120 seconds:

    Phil is one of the most commonly featured sparring persons in videos, dozens of other examples. Kick haters beware: 2 minute rounds do not require very good conditioning. (I realize you as MT know of the liver kick, this is for the sake of any unfortunate soul who runs across this thread in the future.)
  9. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    3/14/2012 12:27am

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Read the damn thread Bobby, he has said it was a club in damn near every post.
    I'm trying man, but I must admit I'm skimming through a few things, like the 10,000,000 word essays, that they're posting. Does guy know that to argue with a troll, is to hand him the keys to your little mind? Look at Sirc's threads. It's like a Hippo got explosive diarrhea while being towed on a trailer at 60mph on a windy day.

    Personally, I like the idea of padding up, and smacking the hell out of each other. Good clean fun.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 3/14/2012 12:28am at . Reason: [/beer]
  10. sean michael is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    49

    Posted On:
    3/14/2012 3:47am


     Style: ARNIS

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    B.F.Galbraith-

    Well, I thought you would have some sense of understanding on what I have been talking about, it seems you shoved your face in the book. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and you doubted the benefit. So, here we go......

    I do not deny typing that comment that you posted, we both know that ain't the only comment I have posted before, but you can leave your previous comments out from your site and make this a one sided view. Talk about hiding, eh?

    I have seen your gathering of cluster fucks with LARP weaponry doing LARP movement. Pretty larping gay if you ask me.

    Do I spar? Yes, I spar, I spar quite a bite. I have also sparred against people with other Martial Art backgrounds in a friendly matter. I have to admit though, I had a friendly spar against a couple of guys in bremerton that do eskrima, which I think is another Filipino Martial Art. I consider myself pretty good, we are our own worst critic, but these guys are damn good in my book, I couldn't touch them. I know what you are thinking, so don't get on your high horse just yet. As far as self defense, these guys knew their stuff. After talking to these guys, my eyes were open even more. That allowed me see what kind of level people are on in the Arts they do.

    Swinging strikes: Swinging can have technique behind it, I think it should, but what I see a lot in the videos you post are people savagely swinging. Like throwing their swings out at the other person, hoping to land a strike.

    You want me to post a video of myself so that you can copy the movement/material and teach it to your group, stealing once again. Every time I watch the videos you post, it's like watching a Special Olympics event. Looks like blind people with down syndrome attacking each other. Your videos look like dog **** ran over twice.

    You post a lot of videos of people blindly attacking each other, dropping their weapons, tripping over their feet or loosing balance and falling down, grabbing the blade side of the other person's weapon, taking strikes as they just stand there. Tres Espadas at it's finest I guess. Nice video of you loosing your weapon and then attacking the armed person as you get hit with a gut shot and drop, nice "self defense" guy. Is that what you teach all of your group members, to loose a fight or get killed?

    Oh, and your latest video here, nice kick he did. Not a round house, but nicely done. I don't see how he couldn't have landed it, the other guy had both his hands occupied on one weapon. He deflected the attack in which created and opening and that's what he went for.

    My suggestion to you: Learn effective "self defense" or Martial Art, train and then remake your videos. That way, when you post them, they won't look like Backyard LARPing.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.