Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 1:47am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sean/Scott, where are your credentials, video, and proof of theft?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 7:24am

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    This is LARPING:

http://youtu.be/KZNWfWBWiEg

This is Tres Espadas:

http://youtu.be/jemesbQkIBQ

Now, take away the costumes in the larping video, notice any similarities? Tres Espadas "claims" to teach "self defense."
    They both use weapons, if those are the similarities you're talking about.

But, I'll tell you what the difference is, and it's a big fucking difference at that:

Ready?

ONE IS A CHOREOGRAPHED DANCE THE OTHER IS FREE FIGHTING WITH NO CHOREOGRAPHY! TRES ESPADAS DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE OTHER PERSON IS GOING TO DO NEXT! LARPERS DO!

ALSO I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I'M YELLING!

Seriously man, open your eyes, I want you to really think about this before saying anything else to anybody, not think about your next rebuttal.

We're all bros here. Open your eyes.

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 8:46pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Notice that they use sticks that inflicts pain once hit, that's why they wear protective gear for the face and hands. Tres Espadas wears protective gear for the face and groin while using "padded" training weapons......... sissies
    Aren't you the one who claimed to spar with wooden weapons and no protective gear? Correct me if I'm wrong (and please excuse my laziness for not digging through the previous 177 comments).

Oh, and what was your training background again?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 12:32am

Style: ARNIS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Aren't you the one who claimed to spar with wooden weapons and no protective gear? Correct me if I'm wrong (and please excuse my laziness for not digging through the previous 177 comments).

Oh, and what was your training background again?
    Yes, I had mentioned about training/sparring with wooden weapons without protective gear, wooden sticks to be exact. Arnis is the background, there are different arnis systems in FMA. We believe that training with hard sticks and no protection drives away the fear factor, however, we only spar fast and hard when one knows what they're capable of. Another way to look at it is, if one trains at a high level in self defense, then a real altercation that might be at a lower level would like training.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 12:43am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weird that a guy who sparred with wooden weapons would have an espada y daga stance that looks like a kid that really has to pee.

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 12:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I had mentioned about training/sparring with wooden weapons without protective gear, wooden sticks to be exact. Arnis is the background, there are different arnis systems in FMA. We believe that training with hard sticks and no protection drives away the fear factor, however, we only spar fast and hard when one knows what they're capable of. Another way to look at it is, if one trains at a high level in self defense, then a real altercation that might be at a lower level would like training.
    So why you mad, bro?

Was that really you that came to one of their meetups and got tooled? Is it that, or is it that they're demystifying something you use to puff your chest over? Padding up and clobbering each other with padded weapons is an AWESOME idea. You get me? AWESOME.

They don't seem to be deluded about what they're doing, and so that leaves only your apparent outrage. So why so mad? If someone isn't claiming to be the d3adly, and doesn't appear to be when seen, that's not much of an expose.

You're right steamed innit? Why so?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 1:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    So why you mad, bro?

Was that really you that came to one of their meetups and got tooled? Is it that, or is it that they're demystifying something you use to puff your chest over? Padding up and clobbering each other with padded weapons is an AWESOME idea. You get me? AWESOME.

They don't seem to be deluded about what they're doing, and so that leaves only your apparent outrage. So why so mad? If someone isn't claiming to be the d3adly, and doesn't appear to be when seen, that's not much of an expose.

You're right steamed innit? Why so?
    I'm not mad, I never was. When this debate got brought to **** talking, I started **** talking. I don't know why they think that I'm the guy in their videos, I never sparred with any of them, but I have seen their gatherings before. If you go back to the videos they posted of the guy they're accusing me to be, it's not like they didn't get hit by him, both people got hit, so why do they act like they didn't get hit in the videos? That's my question.

Also, I've never said anything negative about getting people together to spar, that's always a great way to learn. Learn from your mistakes, right? Especially if you're training for self defense. If this is how they train for self defense, which seems to show in almost all of their videos, I train at a higher level in self defense, that's mainly why I never sparred with them. Aside from this whole trollshido tread, it all started on their website, I tried to shine some light on what they were doing and they got offended by what I typed. They must have thought I meant, "Hey, you guys are doing it all wrong, let ME show you how its done." Which would seem cheesy barbaric. The ONLY thing that kinda pissed me off is part of what they have typed on their site; "We constantly spar, reflect, and research, and that is how we get better, not from bowing to some ancient master who died long ago." That's pretty disrespectful if you ask me, especially when it's these Grand Masters/Masters that have chosen to carry and pass these arts for other people to learn. For anybody that learns Martial Arts, I think they would agree with me.

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 1:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "We constantly spar, reflect, and research, and that is how we get better, not from bowing to some ancient master who died long ago." That's pretty disrespectful if you ask me, especially when it's these Grand Masters/Masters that have chosen to carry and pass these arts for other people to learn. For anybody that learns Martial Arts, I think they would agree with me.
    But they are right about the lineage bowing vs. seeing what works, from a certain point of view. That's not to make light of Arnis or FMA's. What these guys are doing, isn't the same thing. It's not brought from the same angle, or perspective, and their ancient masters bit is just the reverse of the tma "new fangled invented arts vs. our handed-down". Fair game to say.

How old is old enough to be legit? That's a different thread though.

They are a get together. I used to go and spar in the park, or on the bike trail, or near the JP pond. Same thing, but with foam weapons.

Can't you see how awesome this is? They are not claiming d3adly. They are having a great time, and learning along the way (the ratio of fun to learning looks AWESOME as well if you like fun).

Here's a narrative.

Them: We're not deadly.
    You: You're not deadly
    Them: Yeah man, we're not
    You: No no no, you don't understand, this isn't deadly enough
    Them: We know, we got jobs man, we don't want to get hurt, just have fun and learn a bit
    You: this is not deadly enough
    Them: That's the point. Live to train another day.
    You: DEADLY
    Them: No really. It no big thing.
    You: If it's not deadly, it's not deadly
    Them: *blank stare*

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 2:12am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's almost a perfect synopsis.

You just left out the lineage whine.

You know the whole if you aren't certified to teach *cough* Bruce*cough*Lee*cough* you aren't legit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2012 2:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    But they are right about the lineage bowing vs. seeing what works, from a certain point of view. That's not to make light of Arnis or FMA's. What these guys are doing, isn't the same thing. It's not brought from the same angle, or perspective, and their ancient masters bit is just the reverse of the tma "new fangled invented arts vs. our handed-down". Fair game to say.

How old is old enough to be legit? That's a different thread though.

They are a get together. I used to go and spar in the park, or on the bike trail, or near the JP pond. Same thing, but with foam weapons.

Can't you see how awesome this is? They are not claiming d3adly. They are having a great time, and learning along the way (the ratio of fun to learning looks AWESOME as well if you like fun).

Here's a narrative.

Them: We're not deadly.
    You: You're not deadly
    Them: Yeah man, we're not
    You: No no no, you don't understand, this isn't deadly enough
    Them: We know, we got jobs man, we don't want to get hurt, just have fun and learn a bit
    You: this is not deadly enough
    Them: That's the point. Live to train another day.
    You: DEADLY
    Them: No really. It no big thing.
    You: If it's not deadly, it's not deadly
    Them: *blank stare*

I know that they are not doing the same thing, I'm talking about self defense in general, that's what they claim to teach. If people were to see the comments on their site, they would have a lot more light on this picture, by people read this thread and think it all started here, it didn't. If you wanted to teach people how to defend themselves, then that's what you would teach them to do, right? Not have them be on the offensive side. Self defense pretty much means, don't attack the other person. And maybe they should respect the people they learned from.
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20212223 ... LastLast