Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 6:50am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...won.

Its kidna disappointing but inevitable in a way.

I mean Tito is a great fighter, and so is Ken Shamrock, but Ken is just to old to compete anymore. He should of retired. He did show great heart int he fight but Tito was just the better condition'd of the fighters.

I'm kinda glad that Tito is the new champion but I saw the Lidell fight and Lidell wants to fight Tito even though Tito doesn't want to fight his friend.

Him don't know. I am thinking though that Tito won't be so arrogant now and maybe Ken will retire and admit that he needs to stop trying to compete with someone half his age.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 6:54am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was surprised that Tito dominated like he did, but Tank Abbot!!! That was the high point of the event.

Tank: "I came back because of all the bleached haired girls with flames shooting out of their ass".

Classic.
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 7:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol

It was a pretty cool event. Lawler knows how to punch on the ground like few NHB people. He throws his shoulder into it and dives the punch in for the KO. I hadn't seen him compete before. He's really good. Weir got beat by Miller. Hughes won. Dragonball Z Carlos Newton won against a guy that looked like a fish out of water on the ground. Lidell won as usual.

I knew Tito would win but crap .. he dominated hardcore. There were a few occasions where Ken had a shot but not much of one. He took a beating.

Hey DCM .. still here? ... Tito used your SHIELD on at 2 occasions. You should be proud. Well, if Dynamic Combat invented it you should .. but boxers and MT guys have been using it for decades. A really brief shield is not a bad thing in the right circumstances.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 7:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken wasn't as aggressive as he should have been. He should of tried to do a sumbission instead of just going into the guard.

It was like Lennox and Tyson. Tyson wasn't as agressive as he could have been and just took the shots. I think the Ken really didn't concentrate on conditioning as much as he should have.

He also should of tried a sumbission early because he knew he couldn't outlast Tito condition wise.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 7:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody can beat Ortiz right now. He is everything a champion needs to be. He will continue to destroy enyone that steps up. He will walk over Chuck Liddell just like he walks over everyone else. I'm not a fan of Tito, but reality is reality. The only guy who might be able to give him a fight at that weight is Vanderlei Silva and the only way he could do it is under Pride's rule structure. Even then, if Tito wanted to take him down and play the top control game he could get the decision without too much trouble. Tito is a hybrid of Youth, Strength, Speed, Conditioning, Ability, Heart and Aggressiveness coupled with a lunatic training regiment with some of the best training partners in the world.

Nobody else has it like that right now.

Nobody.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 8:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno about that walking over Chuck Lidell thing Peedee. Chuck is hard to take down, and that's where Tito does his damage. If it stays standing, Chuck will own Tito....I still wouldn't bet money on it though.....too close to call.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 5:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know PD I think Chuck or Silva would be more than a match for Ortiz.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 5:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is silva the one who beat Frank last time?

If it is he has some amazing power. I was watching him fight funaki not sure if that is the right now and wow he owns lol.

Ken is just to old to try and compete anymore. If he would of captilazied when he stunned tito, or even tried to take him to take him to the ground in the beginning it might of been a different fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 5:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    chuck vs. tito would be a classic striker vs. grappler match. but tito's striking has improved 100%.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    11/23/2002 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva had no chance against Ortiz in the UFC. They already fought. I don't think Silva was able to land one punch. He was taken down at will and controlled. You really underestimate how good Tito Ortiz is.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast