Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 6:09am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the biggest flaw in the live format will show when they either have to take a break and then come back some months later for the finale, or they have to put two fighters that are tired from living in the house in there.

It seemed Cruz was playing a bit of chicken against Faber's whole team with the fight pick, nice touch that.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 7:41am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the live fight thing is kind of interesting, because it seems like you are closer to experiencing the whole thing in real time. HOWEVER, I think it is going to flop in the end. Because the Spike version allowed them to see all of the drama in the house, and then cut and edit the events to spin stuff a little bit. It made the whole thing pretty entertaining.

By them having to do this so quickly now, they are going to look back at the end and know that certain things could have been changed which would have made a mediocre show into a great one. But they will be unable to capitalize on it.

Shocking fight though! My mouth actually dropped when he shot in on the knee and got knocked completely out! I actually thought he was going to be in the finals!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/24/2012 4:15am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what kind of fucking retarded gameplan was that?

"hey this guy is a really good kickboxer so we will fake him out by kickboxing when he is expecting a takedown. cos you know, that will totally nullify his stand up. with magic. oh **** your face"

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2012 7:14am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which basically took all of the guys strengths and decided to not use them at all!!! Really dumb! Hey, they think we are going to go for a takedown because you are the best grounfighter in the house. So instead we will trick them and not do any takedowns!! Hahaha!! They will be so confused.

Stupid!

So much for fighting your own game. They did the opposite! I felt sorry for the guy. He probably could have made it to the finals if he would have played to his strengths.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    3/24/2012 9:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    what kind of fucking retarded gameplan was that?

"hey this guy is a really good kickboxer so we will fake him out by kickboxing when he is expecting a takedown. cos you know, that will totally nullify his stand up. with magic. oh **** your face"
    Do you have a listening device planted in my living room? It's almost like they forbid him from going in and fighting his fight. Most of the time fighter's should listen to their trainers but he's one guy who has enough experience he should have just went in and done his thing.

game dog

Posted On:
    3/24/2012 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the very least, Marcello should have changed his gameplan after the first round of him not getting his fists within a yard of Lawrence's face....

Anyway, Cruz is winning me over. Seems to be a really smart, level-headed guy and really concerned for the success of his guys. Too bad he's apparently got this season's idiot on his team.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12