Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:16pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The situation in Africa

I was checking my facebook when I saw

this documentary that was shared by Bas Rutten.

It made me think I know the sitution in Africa is truly awful no healthcare, minimun food supplies and murdereous rebels.
    Do you think there is truly a solution for this What Im going to say may sound extremely fascist to some but the only solution I see is to form a coalition of countries and invade some of the failed states in Africa like Somalia and many others, pacify the rebels and establish basic infraestructure, sanity and food produtcion in exchange the countries may take natural resources with moderation to pay the costs.

What do you think?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:18pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds very similar to what King Leopold of Belgium did with the Congo, and that seemed to turn out OK.

I'm in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:28pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is mostly the weak government that can't make any money because there is no money to tax. It is a cycle. I know a guy who is going to africa with his church to try and help out. I hope I can get an oppurtunity like that.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    invade some of the failed states in Africa like Somalia and many others, pacify the rebels and establish basic infraestructure, sanity and food produtcion in exchange the countries may take natural resources with moderation to pay the costs.

What do you think?
    that's exactly how africa ended up this way in the first place. so yeah, no.

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 View Post
    It is mostly the weak government that can't make any money because there is no money to tax. It is a cycle. I know a guy who is going to africa with his church to try and help out. I hope I can get an oppurtunity like that.
    I believe the lack of almost any healthcare and eduacation is the bigger problem not just the money

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    I dont think all of Africa's problems came from the white colonization but the lack of healthcare and infraesctructure is a problem I think can only be solved trough a similar thing not colonization but a control and establishing an order that would allow the basic needs and safety and from there allowing an african economic grow

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about the novel notion of leaving it to Africans to either solve their problems or not?

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    I was checking my facebook when I saw

this documentary that was shared by Bas Rutten.

It made me think I know the sitution in Africa is truly awful no healthcare, minimun food supplies and murdereous rebels.
    Do you think there is truly a solution for this What Im going to say may sound extremely fascist to some but the only solution I see is to form a coalition of countries and invade some of the failed states in Africa like Somalia and many others, pacify the rebels and establish basic infraestructure, sanity and food produtcion in exchange the countries may take natural resources with moderation to pay the costs.

What do you think?
    Africa is a continent of 1 billion people, across 12 million square miles of 56 countries.

The problems of Somalia and the North Eastern Congo are not shared by Botswana, Nigeria, South Africa or Ghana.

Botswana is a relatively prosperous, well governed country, with relatively little corruption and a government that has a long term strategy to diversify their economy and undertake structural reforms that will ensure growth beyond the diamond industry.

Somalia is a failed state, run by tribal war lords Islamists, Gangstas and Pirates that are all of the above.

Its impossible to compare the two and think that they have the same problems and require the same solutions or even that one actually requires solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Africa is a continent of 1 billion people, across 12 million square miles of 56 countries.

Some were were colonised as protectorates with relatively little bloodshed or violence, some were conquered by force, some were diverse polities coopted into a wider polity based on a conquered regional polity.

Generalisations about Africa are stupid, ignorant and never end up helping Africans.

Oh and has anyone bothered to ask Africans whether they want or need help and if so what help they do want or need?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 9:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. Judo_uk shows us why people hate Americans. I'm just glad there is enough ignorance to go around.

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 9:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judoka_uk

Yes I forgot there some countries in Africa that may not need any assistance my mistake.
    But I stand by my point that the only solution is to invade the failed states like somalia, chad as I said in my first post and establish healthcare and etc

And if they need help or want it? In those failed states there thousands of refugees, starving kids and rebels. I think they need help in extreme and want it. The kid in the documentary is a clear example even coming to the point where he preffered to die than to keep living in that conditions
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast