Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 9:31pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    No, India isn't some third world...um, let me rephrase that, India is actually very modern. They have access to the internet and everything.
    So after the americans got their shot of sending all that one style dudes now everybody else cant do that?
    :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2012 4:39am

Style: TKD, Arnis, Catch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am really excited for this. The world could use more big fight orgs. ONEFC was great and now we have this. It's too bad I can't watch it here in China. It looks like the fights will be aired on Youtube however that works. Maybe I can catch it later on mma-core or somewhere else.

And can Bob Sapp please retire already! He is a disgrace to the sport at this point! He walks in the cage and then caves before he gets hurt too bad then walks off with a paycheck. James Thompson had better knock him into retirement.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2012 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently Phil Baroni's commentating with Hook N' Shoot's Jeff Osborne, and Herb Dean is the referee. There's also going to Bollywood music acts in between thre fights.

My hope is that they spen a lot of time building up the Indian and Sri Lankan fightesr they have under contract. Developing homegrown fighters is more important than the pageantry and freakshow fights.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2012 11:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow..I'll bet Dana is salivating at the thought of a major breakthrough in India.
    Isn't there like 2 billion people there or something ?
    Crazy..
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 10:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Live stream's up now.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 10:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found on BE.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 4:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Professor Sex and Jimmy Ambriz won. As for Sapp...

Christ, this was bad. It started off as I'd expected, with Sapp getting taken down and pounded. Surprisingly, though, he didn't tap out then. For a second it almost seemed like he wasn't just going to take a dive again... And then a second later, he fakes an injury.

Well, at least he landed a good punch on SOMEONE over the course of this event.

I like Thompson, so I'm glad he got his third straight win. I hope he fights Ruben Villareal next.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 5:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched a few of the Indian fights. One was a Muay Thai fighter with only three months ground training, and he submitted to a forearm choke.

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I like Thompson
    Why? To me, Thompson is one of the most frustrating active fighters in MMA. Enormous, powerful, highly experienced, has trained at good camps.

But he just. Does. Not. Get. Any. Better.

His striking is still wild flailing, his defense is still nonexistant and his chin highly questionable. I would love for him to be the mythical Giant Fighter That Can Actually Fight, but he falls flat on his face time and time again. Usually from loss of consciousness.

Don't be too hard on the very first Indian MMA event putting on low-level talent. It's already looking far less terrible than the first UFCs did and it can only get better with time.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 5:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Why? To me, Thompson is one of the most frustrating active fighters in MMA. Enormous, powerful, highly experienced, has trained at good camps.

But he just. Does. Not. Get. Any. Better.

His striking is still wild flailing, his defense is still nonexistant and his chin highly questionable. I would love for him to be the mythical Giant Fighter That Can Actually Fight, but he falls flat on his face time and time again. Usually from loss of consciousness.
    Not every fighter develops into a great champion or contender. Hence the reason the term journeyman was coined. All in all, I enjoy watching him fight.

Don't be too hard on the very first Indian MMA event putting on low-level talent. It's already looking far less terrible than the first UFCs did and it can only get better with time
    I've seen some of the other fights now. Several of them had decent backgrounds in wrestling, BJJ, and Judo. Hopefully, the Indian MMA scene will flourish in the next couple of years so we can see some solid competitors come out of the country.

Edit: By the way, I take back what I said about wanting Thompson to fight Ruben Villareal. Villareal looks too fit at lightheavyweight.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast