Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 3:53pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously a chainsaw? Will the FBI be issuing hockey masks next? Was there a follow up to that story? A lawsuit perhaps?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That story was fucked up. I thought FBI are supposed to exhibit professionalism, not chainsaws.

I am imagining how I'd react if I were sitting quietly at home and all of a sudden I saw a chainsaw emerging from the front door. Is there anyone posting who wouldn't run for their longarm?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 4:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I am imagining how I'd react if I were sitting quietly at home and all of a sudden I saw a chainsaw emerging from the front door. Is there anyone posting who wouldn't run for their longarm?
    I'd run for my own chainsaw. Always wanted to duel.

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think back to my fathers advise. "If they are trying to come thru the door than you shoot through the door."

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 7:50pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Seriously a chainsaw? Will the FBI be issuing hockey masks next? Was there a follow up to that story? A lawsuit perhaps?
    Apparently afterward after they finally caught the intended target(who had somehow been spooked into making a run for it) the FBI came back and made a rather petulant apology to the woman and her daughter and left.

A week later they agreed to pay for the damage to the apartment. As of now this woman hasn't brought a lawsuit, but I assume that someone will talk her into it eventually.

I thoroughly believe we live in an overly litigious society, but I hope she gets her money's worth. Completely avoidable and inexcusable

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 11:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fully agree with the overly litigious society part. I think we need a law that states if you hurt yourself doing something stupid you are liable for damages. As for the FBI in this case. Ya they should be paying damages. Therapy for the kid alone is going to cost mom a pretty penny.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2012 8:51am

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    I think back to my fathers advise. "If they are trying to come thru the door than you shoot through the door."
    An ex-girlfriend of mine told me a story about her mom being persued by a break in rapist. Her solution? Shoot through the door. No problems after that!

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    3/07/2012 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woah, this stopped me cold:
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Supreme Court
    We hold that there is no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers.
    I have a problem with that sentiment, as it seems to fly in the face of Fourth Amendment. However, the Barnes case doesn't seem to be unlawful entry, based solely on my reading of the ISC affirmation.

Somebody called 911, and furthermore the wife in person requested that the police come in, that Barnes let them in. These actions, in my mind, constitute invitation for entry. As such, I don't really understand this proposed law as it relates to the Barnes case, with the exception of the sentence I quoted, above.

Also, anyone else read the chainsaw story and think "typo," or "misread?" 2R<->2F

Posted On:
    3/07/2012 11:56am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    Also, anyone else read the chainsaw story and think "typo," or "misread?" 2R<->2F
    Gotta be a typo. Someone wrote that warrant with some chubby fingers.

Posted On:
    3/07/2012 1:16pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykata View Post
    Woah, this stopped me cold:

I have a problem with that sentiment, as it seems to fly in the face of Fourth Amendment. However, the Barnes case doesn't seem to be unlawful entry, based solely on my reading of the ISC affirmation.

Somebody called 911, and furthermore the wife in person requested that the police come in, that Barnes let them in. These actions, in my mind, constitute invitation for entry. As such, I don't really understand this proposed law as it relates to the Barnes case, with the exception of the sentence I quoted, above.

Also, anyone else read the chainsaw story and think "typo," or "misread?" 2R2F
    Sometimes the worst sort of PR we LEO's get stems from judges words in case's like this. The actual event has all sort of valid LE actions, but since the defendant appealed on a jury instruction the judge makes the statement that unlawful entry cant be resisted and all sorts of hullabaloo ensues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast