Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 4:35am

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

been weighing up a move 'away' from 'aliveness'

Okay, yeah as it happens been having an injury-related layoff anyway. Sparring, integrated drills etc are great. But lately i've been curious about a purely theoretical approach to martial arts. To be more precise...to explore the kind of 'dirty' stuff that could be incorporated into a 'game' based on combat sports roots. I've been considering some of the nastier **** from SE asia....To be utterly clear I think a major foundation in thing's you've pressure tested is key but am still very curious about things you can't really do with a non-compliant partner...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 4:57am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Catch wrestling? : D

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DayOfTheJackass View Post
    Okay, yeah as it happens been having an injury-related layoff anyway. Sparring, integrated drills etc are great. But lately i've been curious about a purely theoretical approach to martial arts. To be more precise...to explore the kind of 'dirty' stuff that could be incorporated into a 'game' based on combat sports roots. I've been considering some of the nastier **** from SE asia....To be utterly clear I think a major foundation in thing's you've pressure tested is key but am still very curious about things you can't really do with a non-compliant partner...
    You know, a lot of people go through a phase where they're tempted to experiment with Silat, but trust me, I've been there. It's not worth it.
    Friends don't let friends do djurus.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 3:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess if you are in army, security, SWAT,... business it's also good to know the dirty stuff, but only as sweetening the pot after mastering the techniques taught and years of training whatever you train. Of course not with ninjutsu or w. c. but everyone knows that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 3:11pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In your bjj school I imagine that certain things like jaw grinds and sternum rubs are considered a dick move. Well guess what, thats the dirty grappeling. Get a good position and then be an asshole, knuckle the jaw, grind your elbow into his temple or sternum, do whatever. At my judo school we call doing this the sugar hold, you get into a hold and then put a little sugar on it.

Although remember if you do this to anyone while rolling it means that they get to do it back and you cant bitch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 12:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my school the trainer also showed some mildly dirty stuff that you can try to pull off when you're sure that judge isn't looking, but I would never try that in a fair competition. I wouldn't want to upset a better fighter and sound like a broken truck horn when he gets his chance.

And you just can't bring hooks, gauges and various other d3dli into a tournament anymore... Well you could, but the club of the lad you maimed wouldn't be very happy about it and some of their black belts would be happy to helpfully call an ambulance after you slipped on the pavement and broke both arms and legs, got a cracked skull, broke 7 ribbs, dislocate shoulder, broke a jaw,.... from that nasty fall.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 3/06/2012 12:40pm at .