Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 6:34pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    • you are a dumb american
    • you are probably getting sushi made by chinese restaurant owners who wanted a higher profit ratio, so they decided to open a "sushi" restaurant
    • if you ate quality nigiri and sashimi you would probably freak out because it has such amazing taste
    I can't figure out how to do bullets on Tapatalk, so allow me to improvise.

1) I only eat sushi made by the Chinese when I'm cheap and eat at the "Asian" buffet.

2) Don't assume that because you are a sushi puritan that everyone else should be or that its near impossible that I've eaten real sashimi or nigiri because I called myself a dumb American.

3) So do you have anything relevant to add now?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Start a training log!

i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 6:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    everything you have said about sushi shows your ignorance.

enjoy your "sushi", i'll drink some sake and have some nigiri in your honor when i'm in tokyo next time.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 7:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell Tokyo I said "hey" and I'm sorry I haven't called in so long

Start a training log!

i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 2:12am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sashimi, maki, nigiri--it's all good, baby!

I usually dig salmon based stuff: ikura, salmon based rolls and sashimi. The spectrum of maguros, and of course tai and hamachi. Then there's Uni. That stuff's so good, especially if you get it from up north

A rare treat for me is fugu. They can't save you, even if you notice your fingers start to tingle--better hope it was cut right and without tetrodotoxin.

Sent straight from the kaiten-zushi on route 54 between Midorii and Kabe from my bullshit 'smart phone'.
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 9:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never had the balls to eat fish roe. What does it taste like?

Start a training log!

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 11:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, you are a dumb American...

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 11:19am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Yes!
    Oh my god, you son of a bitch. It's 10:00 am where I live and now I'm craving sashimi.

I love the rolls with avocado and chipotle sauces and the like, but JC's right. The elaborate ingredients in the rolls tend to completely eclipse the taste of the fish inside them.

Good tuna or salmon sashimi is pretty damn hard to beat in the pure and simple category of food.

jwilde88, whether you're a dumb American or not, your post makes it appear you're ignorant about sushi, sashimi and the like.

ps, I clicked on this thread because I was wondering who the hell started a thread about bread type dinner rolls.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 11:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my god, you son of a bitch. It's 10:00 am where I live and now I'm craving sashimi.
    Hahaha, sorry. (Note the lobster and abalone sashimi, heh heh.)
    That place is right on the waterfront and the owner is a fresh fish pro but isn't a formally trained sushi chef.
    He went around local sushi places headhunting for a chef promising the best ingredients and an easy working environment.
    The results are awesome and low key. It's even byob.
    http://www.mitchsushi.com/

Let me know if you're ever on the rock...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 11:42am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    No, rolls are fine, but if you want to taste quality fish, you should get Nigiri and sashimi.
    hmmm red tuna sashimi, tastes even better because it may be the last in the ocean ; )

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 2:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post

I love the rolls with avocado and chipotle sauces and the like, but JC's right. The elaborate ingredients in the rolls tend to completely eclipse the taste of the fish inside them.

Good tuna or salmon sashimi is pretty damn hard to beat in the pure and simple category of food.

jwilde88, whether you're a dumb American or not, your post makes it appear you're ignorant about sushi, sashimi and the like.

ps, I clicked on this thread because I was wondering who the hell started a thread about bread type dinner rolls.
    I know the etiquette for eating sushi and sashimi, but that's not what this post is for. I just wanted to know what styles of maki ppl like, not hear about the delicate taste of sashimi because I already know. Really, that plate of sashimi shows ignorance. If you're trying to be a sushi puritan, you wouldn't eat it with soy or wasabi...

Start a training log!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast