Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Style
    Limalama, Judo & BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

An Icelandic worm monster supposedly cought on film?

I've never heard of the Lagarfljˇts Worm before but this caught my attention.

also I have a link to a very short and useless article, http://www.news.com.au/world/mythica...-1226265908800

Main contention I see is that the "creature" appears to not actually be swimming up stream but is staying in place. I cannot tell for sure if its moving or not but the "head" of this thing looks biological. So anyone have thoughts on this? Anyone here framiliar with this Iceland cryptid?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks exceptionally fake.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tiny magic worm that grows into a gigantic sea monster? Sounds plausible.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Devil:
    The moray eel grows from a plankton sized larval form to, depending, on the species, a 13 foot long 80 pound predator. Not nearly castle overthrowing size, true, but that counts as a sea monster to me.

For the rest: I have both witnessed and taken part in too many shrieking sprints out of various free flowing bodies of water brought on by large sticks malicously pretending to be the Father of All Water Moccasins to declare this cryptid confirmed.

But as I am also acquainted with people who had to be raced to emergency rooms when the floating stick they picked up turned out to be equipped with a dual venom injection system, I am not going to dismiss it out of hand either.
    Last edited by Vince Tortelli; 3/24/2012 7:16pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    @Devil:
    The moray eel grows from a plankton sized larval form to, depending, on the species, a 13 foot long 80 pound predator. Not nearly castle overthrowing size, true, but that counts as a sea monster to me.
    lol. You're focusing on the "tiny worm" part of my statement but my intent was to emphasize the "magic" portion.

Did you watch the video? Something, something, something, magical worm, golden ring, something, something.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do I think the thingie in the video is a supernatural serpent sprung from the pages of the Eddic Sagas to our living rooms? No.

Do I believe that it could be some kind of animal scientists have either not discovered yet or classified as extinct (google the coleocath) and it's been caught on film for the first time? Maybe.

And I just picked that particular bit of your post because I know eels go from almost microscopic larva to pretty good sized, and they're real (My brain retains the weirdest information sometimes). Thus the idea of something growing from "wrap around your finger" to "Where's St. George when you need him?" isn't quite pants on head retarded.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do I think the thingie in the video is a supernatural serpent sprung from the pages of the Eddic Sagas to our living rooms? No.

Do I believe that it could be some kind of animal scientists have either not discovered yet or classified as extinct (google the coleocath) and it's been caught on film for the first time? Maybe.

And I just picked that particular bit of your post because I know eels go from almost microscopic larva to pretty good sized, and they're real (My brain retains the weirdest information sometimes). Thus the idea of something growing from "wrap around your finger" to "Where's St. George when you need him?" isn't quite pants on head retarded.
    I can't take a story too seriously when it amounts to one video of some swirling water. That's not a whole lot to go on.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed.
    Now if some government agency wants to give me a grant, I'll be happy to fly to Iceland and do a full investigation. I'll analyze the local food sources, see if they could support some kind of apex predator snake thingie. I'll hit up the local paleontologists, see if there's any fossil record of long slithery things in that area.
    And if it starts eating Icelandic teens I WILL go to the town meeting, drag my fingers across a chalkboard, and inform the locals that I'll find it for three thousand but to kill it I want ten.

Style
    JJJ/JKD/Kali/Combatives
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed.
    Now if some government agency wants to give me a grant, I'll be happy to fly to Iceland and do a full investigation. I'll analyze the local food sources, see if they could support some kind of apex predator snake thingie. I'll hit up the local paleontologists, see if there's any fossil record of long slithery things in that area.
    And if it starts eating Icelandic teens I WILL go to the town meeting, drag my fingers across a chalkboard, and inform the locals that I'll find it for three thousand but to kill it I want ten.
    There's a certain etiquette to this:

Best to get it right. Are you sure you can do this?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It won't be like chasing bluegills and tabby cats.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last