Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 4:02pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    This, and also people seem to ignore the fact that not every fight involves seven people attempting to stab you to death. Sometimes, a trip followed by a pin is the appropriate level of force. It’s not necessarily a good idea to fill your toolbox with weapons spanning only the range from “traumatic concussion” to “death”.
    Good point. Another disadvantage of not learning grappling; reacting to every threat or challenge with only strikes is a good way to get into trouble. Getting punched in the head pisses people off while easing them into a gentle takedown and pin can sometimes deescalate a situation.

I've seen laughable scenarios in ma mags (you the the frame by frame step by step gimmicks) where an attacker goes for a lapel grab and the karate master smashes him in the throat nails him in the groin and breaks his elbow. IN the eyes of the law this is hardly an appropriate response.

Storytime: I was once sucker punched in the mouth by an asshole and we proceeded to grapple and the cops showed up. The other guy was arrested because I was the one bleeding, the fact that he was bigger and older, probably didn't help him either (I was 19 at the time).

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 7:22pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's an example, IRL, that I am going to have to deal with very soon. I am known in Sydney's metal scene for a few reasons, one, I make appearances at many many gigs, two, I am definitely one of the stronger looking members of the metal/ hardcore community, three, I have a fucking hot missus who previously dated one of the vocalists for a well known local band and four, I am battlefields, bitches, EVERYONE KNOWS ME.

Now, this ex is a douchebag and deserving of a kicking, but he is also a punk ***** bitch who insults you out of earshot. His WHOLE BAND hang out with me at gigs and chat, I'm good friends with their bassist and have slowly developed a friendship with the other two members, despite the animosity from their frontman. I have talked about him here before, in that he has threatened me and her over the internet, basically saying if he sees me at any gigs I would be subject to severe violence. Put it this way, I have been at approximately 20 gigs since this little bitch has threatened me and not much has happened.

When I say not much has happened, he has repeatedly insulted my missus with less than savoury words, but always just out of earshot of me, so I am told that he has said them later. Now, I am not in the business of fighting at the slightest slight, but I am also not in the business of hearing someone disrespect my fiancee and me repeatedly without repercussion. Last weekend began what I am referring to as his Baseball Chance.

Basically we were at a gig and there he was dressed up in his outfit (he paints his face like the Joker), with those 6 inch high platform knee high leather boots. I won't go into how much I think that **** is pathetic, but he stands about an inch taller than me with them on, meaning two things, he is 5 inches shorter than me and his centre of gravity is much higher, giving the guy with a bit of judo experience the beautiful gift of a lower centre of gravity.

I heard a slur towards my fiancee because my inaction until now has emboldened him, that she was a "fucking slut" and notched up number 1 on the Baseball Chance. Number two came soon after when he shoulder barged me in an area where there was no need to shoulder barge me. I "took" it because it was such a weak attempt at showing off I felt sorry for him. Unfortunately, however, he only has one more opportunity to disrespect me before I am going to trip him over and kneel on his chest to loudly tell him he is no longer allowed to disrespect me or my partner.

Considering I have evidence of threats of excessive violence from him, I think a very public and controlled shaming of him in front of everyone in the scene is warranted. If I struck him it could very well appear like it was unprovoked, mainly because his slights are always under his breath, or like in the case of the shoulder barge, small enough for people to think any reaction is unnecessary. By striking him I would be subject, quite rightly, to repercussions from band members, fans and other people in the scene, it would be assault. By putting him on the deck, especially with those ridiculous shoes, people might think that his little shoulder barges (that they know happen but don't think warrant a beat down) may have resulted in him tripping and that, yeah, me kneeling on him to loudly tell him I refuse to be disrespected anymore, well, that would be fair enough because they know he disrespects me and my partner often.

Using ground control I will retain friends and gain respect.

At least that is the hope, it could all go to **** when it happens and I return with a story about being beat down by a clown in knee high leather boots, lol. Best laid plans and all that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 12:38am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Deep wide stances and punches chambered at the hip make me cringe.
    Good lord practice is one thing but they don't really expect us to chamber or stand that way in a real fight do they?

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 12:56am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    Good lord practice is one thing but they don't really expect us to chamber or stand that way in a real fight do they?
    Why practice something that has little to no use? Practice makes perfect, but even if I absolutely perfect the hip chambered deep stance punch, I'm not dropping into that position in a fight. Certainly not in a streetfight, what with all those chunning/larping/rbsding bastards out there so focussed on my groin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 1:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutely I do what I have to in class but no way would I drop into a horse stance chamber and do anything. I guess you have to know when to drop the tradition and do what's practical.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 10:52am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, **** deep horse stance. All that traditional stuff is crap. I get rid of things like shadow boxing because using my imagination to hit something is stupid. I punch people not air. I never practice shoots on the floor unless there's somebody in front of me. **** that crap. Shrimping and hip escapes? All bullshit. I don't lift weights, do push ups, use jump rope because hey, if it isn't used in direct combat I'm not going to do it. Who the **** needs all that traditional crap.

You're all fucking retarded.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 1:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah do what you have to do in class but adapt when needed for the real world........

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 3:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Oh yeah, **** deep horse stance. All that traditional stuff is crap. I get rid of things like shadow boxing because using my imagination to hit something is stupid. I punch people not air. I never practice shoots on the floor unless there's somebody in front of me. **** that crap. Shrimping and hip escapes? All bullshit. I don't lift weights, do push ups, use jump rope because hey, if it isn't used in direct combat I'm not going to do it. Who the **** needs all that traditional crap.

You're all fucking retarded.
    I so want to give you a manly hug right now. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 3:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    I so want to give you a manly hug right now. :)
    I agree he made great points for people who actually say all tradition needs to be disregarded.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2012 12:20am

Style: still deciding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just found out this week that my brother got drunk and got into a tiff with an experienced wrestler. My bro is pretty ripped, cause he lifts weights religiously and uses protein powder, but this guy put him on his ass, and he got thrown headfirst into a cabinet. the doctors say he had a mild concussion, so I'm thankful the fight stopped there. Just goes to show, training beats muscles any day.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast