Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 1:13am

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In defense of Hapkido

It's Billy Jack!

Outside crescent right in the jaw and there wasn't a goddamn thing he could do about it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBEk97hNXw

Billy Jack Don't give A FUCK1111 Not ONE. SINGLE. ****.

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 3:57am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're anywhere nearby you should check out Clingerman's place. I believe Plasma trains there, IIRC.
    http://www.ibjja.com/flash.html

Edit: Correction. It's Wolf that trains there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 9:21pm

Style: still deciding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would probably take bjj if it weren't for all the pompousness surrounding it and the fact that it doesn't really help against multiple attackers. granted, muay thai may not have much more of an effect on multiple attackers, but that's why I want to cross-train in judo. I just don't like how full of **** the gracies are, and the attitude they have. It's like they think they've invented the greatest fucking martial art of all time, when the weaknesses are blatantly obvious, and exploited by other experienced fighters. Sorry to bite your head off, but bjj just disgusts me.

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 9:42pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kengashui View Post
    I would probably take bjj if it weren't for all the pompousness surrounding it and the fact that it doesn't really help against multiple attackers. granted, muay thai may not have much more of an effect on multiple attackers, but that's why I want to cross-train in judo. I just don't like how full of **** the gracies are, and the attitude they have. It's like they think they've invented the greatest fucking martial art of all time, when the weaknesses are blatantly obvious, and exploited by other experienced fighters. Sorry to bite your head off, but bjj just disgusts me.
    Pompousness? Mate, that is fucking rich from someone who just wrote this abomination of a post. Guess what? The fucking Gracies pioneered a martial art that proved, at a time when everyone else was claiming their martial art to be the greatest of all time, to be superior. Since they introduced their martial art to the world of fighting at UFC 1 a renaissance has occurred and THAT IS WHY EXPERIENCED FIGHTERS ARE ABLE TO EXPLOIT WEAKNESSES IN BJJ, because they were introduced to the realm of fighting known as the ground.

Your idiocy disgusts me.
    Last edited by battlefields; 3/05/2012 9:58pm at . Reason: Oh Lord, I'm a NUTRIDER! How did this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 9:53pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any particular reason you're expecting to be attacked by more than one person at a time? Because if you ARE putting yourself in those situations you'd probably be better served by learning to use a weapon (a can of pepper-spray is good for self-defense, y'know?) and using the buddy-system (keeping a friend with you to help even the odds).

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 10:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They do kickboxing there as well. And with regards to multiple attackers, I'd rather know grappling if for no other reason than to get away from it. I could be wrong here, but the most common martial art for a person to actually be proficient in is high school wrestling. If for whatever reason I absolutely positively HAVE to fight two (or more) people, I want to be able to break free and prevent one of them from getting a good grip on me, thus hindering my attempts to escape and maneuver in such a way that I don't actually end up standing in the middle of a circle of people who want to bash my face in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 10:35pm

Style: still deciding

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kickboxing and bjj...that does sound like a good combination...I'll at least think it over

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 10:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kickboxing and bjj...that does sound like a good combination...I'll at least think it over
    It is. That's why it's one of the most common combination of styles for MMA fighters. That being said, I don't know how old you are. If you're still in high school or even younger: wrestling. Get good, live grappling training for free, then you can take a striking art of your choice to supplement it. If money is a big factor: boxing. Cheap, effective, widely available.

Edit: Obviously, that won't give you the kicking you crave... but alive over compliant training every time.

Edit again: Actually... seems there's a Kyokushin karate offshoot dojo in Indy. If you have your heart set on kicking and trains live: http://www.kyokushin4life.com/forums...ead.php?t=5845
    Last edited by wetware; 3/05/2012 11:09pm at .
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast