Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 12:31pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA Fighters / How many fights?

I have recently become interested in watching MMA fights. Probably because I have been attempting Judo long enough to have an idea of what's going on with Judo. So I like to think I have some idea of what is happening when the fighters hit the ground.

I was watching UFC Reloaded last night and there was one fighter who had 26 wins in the last 9 years and he was fighting someone who only had 16 wins. The loss and draw numbers were either 0 or 1 so I didn't pay attention to them. It seemed that both fighters had relatively equal experience (timewise) but different number of fights.

How many fights will a Pro have in a year? Does it just depend on how quickly he/she recovers? Is it up to you as a fighter or is it up to someone else?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 12:36pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, completely depends on the fighter. You have Travis Fulton who fought several times in 1 week. The most fights I've ever had were 4 in 1 year and those were kickboxing.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 12:43pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One a quarter is a pretty good clip. It depends on the level you're fighting at and how you finish.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.