Thread: Question

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Question

Not sure what section of the subforum to put this in because it deals with a few things.

I've gotten a second surgery on my wrist but when rehabilitating it, the cartilage tore again and now I need a third surgery on that side.

I still have the other wrist to operate on and I might have tears in both lateral epicondyls (elbow tendons) but I still need to get an MRI of the elbows.

So basically, I can't punch or grapple for a really long time. That leaves me with just kicking but I hate TMAs and TMA schools because they don't really teach anything. But seeing as all I can do is kick, should I go to a TKD school? It wouldn't be worth paying $180/mo to do just the Muay Thai at Serra BJJ I don't think. Also, I wouldn't be able to hold thai pads for anyone so I wouldn't be pulling my weight in the class.

So what would you guys do in my situation? Should I just inquire about private lessons from someone qualified?

Thanks and troll/flame away.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real answer is "Consult with your physician." If he or she already told you something like "Please don't do any martial arts for a while because we're operating on your friggin' wrists here," listen to that advice.

Even with a kick-happy TMA, it's kind of difficult not to use your wrists, or to guarantee that someone won't kick you in your arms.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That leaves me with just kicking but I hate TMAs and TMA schools because they don't really teach anything. But seeing as all I can do is kick, should I go to a TKD school?
    Why would you pay money to do something you hate?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EVIL FISH TANK!!!!

How the hell have you been buddy?
    You haven't checked in for so long, I was worried.

So how's the Self-esteem stuff going?
    Did you ever end up going to a shrink.

Beak's here to help.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Why would you pay money to do something you hate?
    Well I loved training but I can't do it. But I can still kick but paying to just kick at any of the local renowned schools wouldn't be financially sane.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go spend $100 on a heavy kick bag, mount it, and go nuts. Unlimited training for as long as you like.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Go spend $100 on a heavy kick bag, mount it, and go nuts. Unlimited training for as long as you like.
    This is probably the best solution although with this solution I won't be able to have anyone assess my technique unless I spend more money on a camera to upload videos of me kicking onto youtube for you guys to watch lol.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfishtank View Post
    This is probably the best solution although with this solution I won't be able to have anyone assess my technique unless I spend more money on a camera to upload videos of me kicking onto youtube for you guys to watch lol.
    Do you have a camera on your phone? Otherwise, you could just rock up to a TD regularly and get some advice. It's a workable problem.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Do you have a camera on your phone? Otherwise, you could just rock up to a TD regularly and get some advice. It's a workable problem.
    TD? Rock up? Must be some sort of British dialect hehe.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rock up is a common commonwealth saying, as in I rock up to your mum's house on the weekends and have to KO your dad in a TD, so I can rock up to your mum's room, bar up and root.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.