Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 6:32pm

Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Do you know the Y-Choke? (vid)

Hey guys!

I got inspired by my brother to make a website and I have finally got it up and running. I will be sharing all sorts of training drills, strategies, techniques, sports psychology and much more.

For today, I posted one of my techniques that I have developed almost a decade ago that I haven't shared before.

Check out this page for the back story behind this move and the video (Click the link below image):

http://davidavellan.com/y-choke

If you like what you see, give this a bump for me :)

Thank you and enjoy!

David Avellan

P.S. > If you haven't seen my brother's page, check it out at http://marcosavellan.com .

We are not going to teach the same things, LOL! So check out both pages ;)
    Last edited by David Avellan; 2/28/2012 6:34pm at . Reason: missing link

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 10:59pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Though I know nothing about grappling I thank you for your info and welcome you to the site Im sure a lot of people will find this useful

PD: do you have any videos about kickboxing ?
    Last edited by RurikGreenwulf; 2/28/2012 11:04pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 10:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Rurik!

I can definitely put some up. I will make it my video for next week on Tuesday.

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 10:37am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Avellan View Post
    Hey guys!

I got inspired by my brother to make a website and I have finally got it up and running. I will be sharing all sorts of training drills, strategies, techniques, sports psychology and much more.

For today, I posted one of my techniques that I have developed almost a decade ago that I haven't shared before.

Check out this page for the back story behind this move and the video (Click the link below image):

Very interesting. So is it a carotid choke, or a trachea choke? In the video it appears to be a trachea choke.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Very interesting. So is it a carotid choke, or a trachea choke? In the video it appears to be a trachea choke.
    It is indeed a carotid choke. A lot of people get the misconception that a "rape choke" is crushing the adam's apple.

The actual pressure generated by this grip is on the sides of the neck, delivered by squeezing your thumb to your finger tips.

Think of it like you are doing a one arm push up. Now instead of putting your palm on the ground, only put your finger tips on the ground. Now all your weight is being passed to your finger tips as you squeeze the sides of his neck.

The amount of downward force on the throat is no different than a rear naked choke. Even if you have reservations about the choke, it is a very effective sweep that can follow up into an arm bar or arm triangle.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 1:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is indeed a carotid choke. A lot of people get the misconception that a "rape choke" is crushing the adam's apple.

The actual pressure generated by this grip is on the sides of the neck, delivered by squeezing your thumb to your finger tips.

Think of it like you are doing a one arm push up. Now instead of putting your palm on the ground, only put your finger tips on the ground. Now all your weight is being passed to your finger tips as you squeeze the sides of his neck.

The amount of downward force on the throat is no different than a rear naked choke. Even if you have reservations about the choke, it is a very effective sweep that can follow up into an arm bar or arm triangle.
    Would you say you have to have relatively big hands in relationship to the persons neck to get pressure on the arteries?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 1:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    Would you say you have to have relatively big hands in relationship to the persons neck to get pressure on the arteries?
    Not at all. Unless you have really small hands, this wouldn't be a problem. If you want to test, try it on yourself - I just did, LOL!

I have normal man hands (finger tip to base 9") and a large neck (18") and I can choke myself with room to spare.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 2:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well trying to choke myself here at the computer I have David Caradine images going through my head so I'll stop now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    Well trying to choke myself here at the computer I have David Caradine images going through my head so I'll stop now.
    I should have put a disclaimer on that...LOL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 6:57pm

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys!

If you like what you see, give this a bump for me :)

Thank you and enjoy!

David Avellan

P.S. > If you haven't seen my brother's page, check it out at http://marcosavellan.com .

We are not going to teach the same things, LOL! So check out both pages ;)
    Yeah, we use that technique as well. We really emphasize making a "punching" motion across their adams apple, so it's nice and tight when you squeeze both sides of the neck.

Are you controlling the neck, or above the clavicle? Hard to tell from the angle.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast