225001 Bullies, 3846 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 70
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. HapkiUSA is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    76

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 5:02pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posted this on one of two other threads I "started." It should go here too since this is front page news and all. Yay me for inflating my schools rating. I've been put in my place though, I assure you:
    Yeah I feel like a real genius right about now. I've started a **** storm, put my school under the microscope for merciless criticism and probably embarrassed my GM and Master, who have been nothing but wonderful to me and my kid and completely devoted to our success.

    They are definitely more humble than me, who is apparently the only one of us here posting a bunch of **** about us. I'm a shitty rep for our kwan. I didn't mean to feed us to the wolves but I sure jumped in with both feet and guns blazing and it's way too late to take it back now. This **** feels like a bad tattoo. Permanent ink of a dick on my face or something. :P At this point I'm hoping not to get kicked out of my school which would be nothing short of devastating to my kid and me both since we have built many great relationships and connections there.

    I know there is little respect for hapkido around here but I think it's important to finish what I started and earn the first dan if they don't banish me for being being an idiot.
  2. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 5:55pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So wait a sec. You have to ask permission to train in other places, and you can be kicked out for simply describing your place on line. These guys sound touchy. They need to grow up.
  3. HapkiUSA is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    76

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 6:11pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just one of them is CF. I hope I'm just overreacting. I signed a contract saying that I wouldn't train anywhere else. And it's not to say permission would not be granted if asked. As it is I don't need to get sidetracked anyway, being such a low belt and all. One black belt at a time. And between my Master and Chief Instructor who have a mix of backgrounds I think I'm at a max capacity for what I can take in and practice for proficiency right now. They have more to throw at me than I can handle.
  4. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 6:14pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HapkiUSA View Post
    I signed a contract saying that I wouldn't train anywhere else.
    That was not a smart move.
  5. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,555

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 6:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard of plenty karate/kung fu etc schools that frown on training under multiple teachers at a time, but I've never heard of having that in an actual contract.
  6. HapkiUSA is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    76

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 6:24pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    That was not a smart move.
    It's done now though and kind of a moot point since it only obliges me through 1st dan, which I plan to get anyway. It lowered my monthly payments and knocked off the belt testing fees. Also my kid and I got an awesome deal way below the sticker price and I'm glad to have that in writing. But yes, not smart on the whole to do that kind of thing.
  7. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 6:26pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing says "warm and loving second family" like a legally enforceable contract reading "no third families."
  8. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 6:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HapkiUSA View Post
    It's done now though and kind of a moot point since it only obliges me through 1st dan, which I plan to get anyway. It lowered my monthly payments and knocked off the belt testing fees. Also my kid and I got an awesome deal way below the sticker price and I'm glad to have that in writing. But yes, not smart on the whole to do that kind of thing.
    You went for the "Blackbelt Club" option?
  9. lionknight is online now
    lionknight's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    1,177

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 6:31pm


     Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HapkiUSA View Post
    Just one of them is CF. I hope I'm just overreacting. I signed a contract saying that I wouldn't train anywhere else. And it's not to say permission would not be granted if asked. As it is I don't need to get sidetracked anyway, being such a low belt and all. One black belt at a time. And between my Master and Chief Instructor who have a mix of backgrounds I think I'm at a max capacity for what I can take in and practice for proficiency right now. They have more to throw at me than I can handle.

    If you signed a contract saying you would not train somewhere else then foryour own good I hope you get kicked out.*

    They shouldn’t be there to control your life or have a say in whom or whatyou talk about. You’re not committing a crime and talking honestly, it’s apretty crappy school that is worried about such a thing.



    *I really think the chances of them kicking you out are extremely slim, theywant your money and as long as they have you under control then that is whatthey care about.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,976

    Posted On:
    3/02/2012 6:32pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    So wait a sec. You have to ask permission to train in other places, and you can be kicked out for simply describing your place on line. These guys sound touchy. They need to grow up.
    It is a sign of a Mcdojo. My non-contract MCdojo did the same thing. As I realized they do it under the " there is too much to learn" BS. In reality you find out much quicker how **** many of the techniques really are in practice.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.