Page 2 of 7 First 123456 ... Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    390
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenseido View Post
    hate to get into semantics here, but they are a Hapkido school and yet they advertise Karate?
    They advertise MMA too. Quite a few schools do that because of the ignorant ramblers that happen into a school who wouldn't know TKD from Shotokan... wait...

  2. #12
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,443
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    BTW guys did you check this out?
    http://www.ushapki.com/pages/mma.php

    Class Times

    Mon & Wed: 7:00pm
    Sat: 1:00pm
    Prices

    3 Month or less: $275.00/mo.
    6 Month: $200.00/mo.
    12 Month: $149.00/mo.
    The Kid in the other thread, wanting to take chun, doesn't realize that is how much his school can cost.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    76
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    They advertise MMA too. Quite a few schools do that because of the ignorant ramblers that happen into a school who wouldn't know TKD from Shotokan... wait...
    You nailed it Tex. Remember the bread and butter of a lot of schools is after-school programs. "After School Karate" gets the point across to the general public. Not to say that I agree with it or that I would do the same with my own school.

  4. #14
    Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    DKJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,214
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    How about the fact that the title of that page is "Mixed Martial Arts"?

    At least we know Grandmaster Gagne is SEO savvy.
    I'm surprised you know that term gramps. Aside, very disingenuous to use that term when describing Hapikdo.

    Also holy Grandmaster Ki balls, $200 a month! We sure that's not pesos?

  5. #15
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,528
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HapkiUSA View Post
    You nailed it Tex. Remember the bread and butter of a lot of schools is after-school programs. "After School Karate" gets the point across to the general public. Not to say that I agree with it or that I would do the same with my own school.
    How do you feel about the insane prices?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk


  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    76
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenseido View Post
    hate to get into semantics here, but they are a Hapkido school and yet they advertise Karate?
    lol Right. That gets me too but it's not my school sooo.. But they advertise Karate as a generic term for the uneducated public. Once you inquire further the difference is explained. idk.

  7. #17
    Cake of Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    863
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HapkiUSA View Post
    lol Right. That gets me too but it's not my school sooo.. But they advertise Karate as a generic term for the uneducated public. Once you inquire further the difference is explained. idk.
    This dosen't strike you as strange or dodgy in any way?
    Train hard, fight easy.

  8. #18
    Vorpal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Hell of my own making
    Posts
    3,082
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    This dosen't strike you as strange or dodgy in any way?
    This was/is very common as soccer moms look for "karate" lessons for their kids and have no idea what TKD, HKD, BJJ, Judo are or what difference there may be between any. In NJ most TKD and TSD schools advertised themselves as "Korean Karate" throughout the 70s and 80s because nobody on the street had any idea what "Tae Kwon Do" meant.

  9. #19
    Cake of Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    863
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    This was/is very common as soccer moms look for "karate" lessons for their kids and have no idea what TKD, HKD, BJJ, Judo are or what difference there may be between any. In NJ most TKD and TSD schools advertised themselves as "Korean Karate" throughout the 70s and 80s because nobody on the street had any idea what "Tae Kwon Do" meant.
    Fair enough then. If thats a standard thing I retract my strange and dodgy statement.
    Train hard, fight easy.

  10. #20
    solves problems with violence supporting member
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,586
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Fair enough then. If thats a standard thing I retract my strange and dodgy statement.
    i don't know... the fact that it's common doesn't make it any less dodgy.

    also the MMA program... since there's an MMA program, how many amateur and pro fighters has the school produced? hint: if you don't produce competitive fighters, you don't have an MMA program.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Page 2 of 7 First 123456 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO