233561 Bullies, 3366 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 36
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 4:16pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok seriously are you comparing bow hunting to professional assassination??
    Um, maybe if it's professional bowhunting? Anyway, I could also refer you to Don Pentecost's prison knife book if you'd like:

    or the Kill Without Joy series.
    Both talk about how the armpit is a knife assassination target, and the reason why it works in people is the same reason it works in quadrupeds. I'm referencing books because, yes, I am not an experienced knife murderer and my knowledge is academic. As I'm sure yours is, too.

    Because that is fucking retarded. There are far more effective ways to kill with a blade than to stab the armpit in hopes of hitting the heart.
    The goal is to deflate the lung and cause shock; the heart is icing on the cake. Hitting the heart is moreso what will happen if you're using a projectile. Anyway, the point is that this **** is actually attempted in prisons, whether or not they use the deadliest Navy SEAL approved perinium stab to spinal dislocation or whatever "far more efficient ways to kill". Pentecost notes that it causes shock that allows for followup, while tactics like bleeding them out from the throat can allow them to fight back even though they're bleeding to death.

    To use a dated reference in my case, note the timetable about the heart compared to other targets:


    take a knife to the ribcage and tell me how inefficient it is (good luck speaking clearly). Saying its an inefficient target is like criticizing a boxing knockout because they used a hook when a cross is more efficient.

    Also don't forget this happened in Bulgaria a place not really known for it's safe environment.
    A guy on the DB forum from Bulgaria said it was a safe neighborhood that perhaps had an occasional fight. What is your experience with Bulgaria?

    But again comparing an assassin to a bow hunter??!!
    Comparing a mammal-killer-via-exsangunation-and-shock-via-sharp-blade-impact to a mammal-killer-via-exsangunation-and-shock-via-sharp-blade-impact just sounds ridiculous.

    I used to think you were one of the more intelligent posters.
    If one reference out of left field made you change your mind about my intelligence, I'm surprised it didn't happen a long time ago. I'm all about that ****. Anyway, I've prepared this prudent reply to your insulting drivel, but I don't want to leave out the part where I reply in kind:

    *Ahem* **** you!

    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    I'm totally gay for Permalost
    sigged

    Also you must read at a 4th grade level. Permalost was referencing a discussion on the Dog Bros FB. I doubt you know more than the DB about weapons. Not leaving the armpit open to knife attacks is one of the first things I learned in my Serrada FMA class. Yes there are other targets too but Permalost and the DB by proxy have a valid point.
    I'll point out that I'm the one that brought up bowhunting on the DB forum, but there was already some consensus that the guy may have some training, based on his choice of target (armpit).
    Last edited by Permalost; 2/29/2012 4:21pm at .
  2. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 5:20pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Okay seriously how stupid are you? I'm totally gay for Permalost but that's not why I'm jumping in on this one, your stupidity is confounding.

    What the **** do you think hunting is? Bow hunting couldn't be anymore similiar to assassination. What do you know about assassination? Seriously, list your sources, books, or anything that proves you know what the hell you are talking about.

    Also you must read at a 4th grade level. Permalost was referencing a discussion on the Dog Bros FB. I doubt you know more than the DB about weapons. Not leaving the armpit open to knife attacks is one of the first things I learned in my Serrada FMA class. Yes there are other targets too but Permalost and the DB by proxy have a valid point.

    You suck Bneterasedmynam! Admit you don't know what the hell you're talking about and avoid looking like a bigger dumbass.
    First off dickbreath stop rage posting. Second my troll was directed at perm not you, so go ram a cheese grader up your ****. And third you are making an association that does not fucking exist, shooting a fucking deer with a bow is nothing even in the same universe as stabbing a human being. I have several family members that bow hunt, and I practice archery on a regular basis. I also practice with knives and swords, they are two different worlds. Of the bow hunters in my family, most of them even armed with a knife couldn't fight a child level bb without getting their asses kicked. Bow hunting is done by fat rednecks who most o the time are drunk on cheap beer. Trying to associate the two is fucking retarded.
  3. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 5:27pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Um, maybe if it's professional bowhunting? Anyway, I could also refer you to Don Pentecost's prison knife book if you'd like:

    or the Kill Without Joy series.
    Both talk about how the armpit is a knife assassination target, and the reason why it works in people is the same reason it works in quadrupeds. I'm referencing books because, yes, I am not an experienced knife murderer and my knowledge is academic. As I'm sure yours is, too.

    The goal is to deflate the lung and cause shock; the heart is icing on the cake. Hitting the heart is moreso what will happen if you're using a projectile. Anyway, the point is that this **** is actually attempted in prisons, whether or not they use the deadliest Navy SEAL approved perinium stab to spinal dislocation or whatever "far more efficient ways to kill". Pentecost notes that it causes shock that allows for followup, while tactics like bleeding them out from the throat can allow them to fight back even though they're bleeding to death.

    To use a dated reference in my case, note the timetable about the heart compared to other targets:


    take a knife to the ribcage and tell me how inefficient it is (good luck speaking clearly). Saying its an inefficient target is like criticizing a boxing knockout because they used a hook when a cross is more efficient.

    A guy on the DB forum from Bulgaria said it was a safe neighborhood that perhaps had an occasional fight. What is your experience with Bulgaria?

    Comparing a mammal-killer-via-exsangunation-and-shock-via-sharp-blade-impact to a mammal-killer-via-exsangunation-and-shock-via-sharp-blade-impact just sounds ridiculous.

    If one reference out of left field made you change your mind about my intelligence, I'm surprised it didn't happen a long time ago. I'm all about that ****. Anyway, I've prepared this prudent reply to your insulting drivel, but I don't want to leave out the part where I reply in kind:

    *Ahem* **** you!


    sigged

    I'll point out that I'm the one that brought up bowhunting on the DB forum, but there was already some consensus that the guy may have some training, based on his choice of target (armpit).
    Lol you used logic, oh well at least I got one rage post out of jspeedy.
  4. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 6:05pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @perm I didn't get to finish my reply post damn network. Anyhoo sorry if my post seemed a little assholeish, but it was only half troll. I was however sincere in my statement that I just don't agree with the bowhunter part, that just seemed like a silly way to make your point. Both of the books you posted read like ninjitsu manuals(just sayin). My only real point was that they really intended to assassinate him they probably would have done more than a poke to the armpit. But since none of the articles I read gave the full story it's all speculation.
  5. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 6:10pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Lol you used logic, oh well at least I got one rage post out of jspeedy.
    and he got a ragepost out of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Anyhoo sorry if my post seemed a little assholeish, but it was only half troll.
    Then I will half-accept your apology.

    I was however sincere in my statement that I just don't agree with the bowhunter part, that just seemed like a silly way to make your point.
    That must be why you picked a silly way to respond to it.

    Both of the books you posted read like ninjitsu manuals(just sayin).
    They read better than the books you referenced, (citation missing) and (citation missing). Sorry I couldn't pull up any peer-reviewed collegiate knife fighting manuals.

    My only real point was that they really intended to assassinate him they probably would have done more than a poke to the armpit.
    that's why I said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by smart handsome guy
    I'd imagine a group of eight trained assassins armed with guns and knives would make sure the guy died, and would have more trauma than one single knife stab, so maybe killing him wasn't the goal? But the location of the stab suggests they wanted a killing blow, to damage the lungs and heart like a bowhunter. Doesn't seem like a good location to go for to just "teach him a lesson" and have him continue on as a profitable asset. Something seems amiss.
    But since none of the articles I read gave the full story it's all speculation.
    Welcome to YMAS. Speculate away.
    Last edited by Permalost; 2/29/2012 6:18pm at .
  6. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 6:17pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    and he got a ragepost out of you.
    Mine was a fishing expedition not a rage post.
  7. jspeedy is offline
    jspeedy's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,663

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 6:30pm


     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    First off dickbreath stop rage posting. Second my troll was directed at perm not you, so go ram a cheese grader up your ****. And third you are making an association that does not fucking exist, shooting a fucking deer with a bow is nothing even in the same universe as stabbing a human being. I have several family members that bow hunt, and I practice archery on a regular basis. I also practice with knives and swords, they are two different worlds. Of the bow hunters in my family, most of them even armed with a knife couldn't fight a child level bb without getting their asses kicked. Bow hunting is done by fat rednecks who most o the time are drunk on cheap beer. Trying to associate the two is fucking retarded.
    I hate you! Get out of my room!.

    Not that you'll consider any point of view but your own. I'll go on and attempt to help you pry your bulbus head out of your ass. The act of shooting an arrow and attacking with a knife is obviously different. To infer that a bow hunter would be able efficiently fight in close quarter combat is obviously stupid. Therefore, only a stupid person would think this way. The comparison and similarities lie with the type of damage caused by both attacks and where both attacks are directed. Both attacks pierce near the armpit with a pointed spike. Obviously one is shot from a bow and the other is driven manually by an assassin but there are similarities. The arrow may go deeper but a large blade may go just as deep or close enough to hit the heart. Both methods target the same area and kill in a similar fashion.

    ...and just to be a dick...
    go ram a cheese grader up your ****
    What is a cheese grader? Why would you grade cheese? Is it like american cheese sucks and therefore is a lesser "grade" of cheese than say Tillamook cheddar cheese?
  8. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,683

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 6:35pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlebotsVietnam
    Of the bow hunters in my family, most of them even armed with a knife couldn't fight a child level bb without getting their asses kicked.
    Oh, I forgot to ridicule you for this. A grown adult with a knife who can't beat a child black belt is more ridiculous than anything I posted. Ridicule, and such!
  9. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 6:44pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Oh, I forgot to ridicule you for this. A grown adult with a knife who can't beat a child black belt is more ridiculous than anything I posted. Ridicule, and such!
    Yes, but you have not met my family. Also why battlebotsvietnam??
    Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 2/29/2012 6:48pm at .
  10. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    2/29/2012 6:51pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    I hate you! Get out of my room!.

    Not that you'll consider any point of view but your own. I'll go on and attempt to help you pry your bulbus head out of your ass. The act of shooting an arrow and attacking with a knife is obviously different. To infer that a bow hunter would be able efficiently fight in close quarter combat is obviously stupid. Therefore, only a stupid person would think this way. The comparison and similarities lie with the type of damage caused by both attacks and where both attacks are directed. Both attacks pierce near the armpit with a pointed spike. Obviously one is shot from a bow and the other is driven manually by an assassin but there are similarities. The arrow may go deeper but a large blade may go just as deep or close enough to hit the heart. Both methods target the same area and kill in a similar fashion.

    ...and just to be a dick...

    What is a cheese grader? Why would you grade cheese? Is it like american cheese sucks and therefore is a lesser "grade" of cheese than say Tillamook cheddar cheese?
    I always consider other points of view, right before I realize that I'm right and shoot it down. Oh and no the types of damage are not the same just the location. And yes regardless of what you say it was a dumb comparison.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.