Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 2:54am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Blagoi Ivanov STABBED!!!

I don't see this anywhere on this site, so I'll post this here and you can make an article of it if you like or something.

Blagoi Ivanov, the 25 year old MMA and SAMBO fighter has been stabbed in the heart, at a night club brawl. His condition has been critical for about 2 days now. Don't know the details, but you guys have fingers and google and such so you can sort that out.

I saw the guy up close in a WFC tournament he was at. He was supporting his SAMBO team mates that were fighting at LH that night.

You guys migh remember him as the first guy to defeat Fedor at combat SAMBO. He later moved on to lots of other stages, such as Bellator and such.

He is currently at the top hospital in the country (Pirogov) right near where I live.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 6:29am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope he makes it : (

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 2:33pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I have read online. He is stable at the moment so that is pretty good considering the fact he was jumped by a group and stabbed in the heart. Plus it seems as if they have caught one of the suspects.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    article:
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Bul...Stabbing-40627

It says he was approached by 8 guys armed with guns and knives, and stabbed in the armpit. There was some discussion on the Dog Brothers FB group about whether or not the attacker was trained, and the rationale was that the target was the armpit, an area used as a killing target for hunting and assassination (just behind the forelimb is considered the place to aim for bow, spear and knife hunting). I'd imagine a group of eight trained assassins armed with guns and knives would make sure the guy died, and would have more trauma than one single knife stab, so maybe killing him wasn't the goal? But the location of the stab suggests they wanted a killing blow, to damage the lungs and heart like a bowhunter. Doesn't seem like a good location to go for to just "teach him a lesson" and have him continue on as a profitable asset. Something seems amiss.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 3:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****. War only in the ring. Peace on earth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 3:43pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    article:

It says he was approached by 8 guys armed with guns and knives, and stabbed in the armpit. There was some discussion on the Dog Brothers FB group about whether or not the attacker was trained, and the rationale was that the target was the armpit, an area used as a killing target for hunting and assassination (just behind the forelimb is considered the place to aim for bow, spear and knife hunting). I'd imagine a group of eight trained assassins armed with guns and knives would make sure the guy died, and would have more trauma than one single knife stab, so maybe killing him wasn't the goal? But the location of the stab suggests they wanted a killing blow, to damage the lungs and heart like a bowhunter. Doesn't seem like a good location to go for to just "teach him a lesson" and have him continue on as a profitable asset. Something seems amiss.
    It does make you wonder about the motivation, 8 guys just walk in and target him? and as you say, the stab is a pretty specific spot for a random attack, I'm not saying it is impossible that an untrained lunge would never hit it but the chances have to be slim don't you think?

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 10:09pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe Im saying something stupid but I think It was something with the organized wanting revenge crime 8 guys armed seems rational when you know your target is a trained fighter, just some weeks ago another man in the sport buisness was shot eight times in my city by a proffesional hitman and I think Russia and Southern South America must be pretty close in terms of criminality

Though I havent heard of him my best wishes for his recovery is always sad when this kind of scum attack people

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 7:07am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    proffesional hitman and I think Russia and Southern South America must be pretty close in terms of criminality

Though I havent heard of him my best wishes for his recovery is always sad when this kind of scum attack people
    Blagoi was attacked in Bulgaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 9:57am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    article:

Ok seriously are you comparing bow hunting to professional assassination?? Because that is fucking retarded. There are far more effective ways to kill with a blade than to stab the armpit in hopes of hitting the heart. Also don't forget this happened in Bulgaria a place not really known for it's safe environment. But again comparing an assassin to a bow hunter??!! I used to think you were one of the more intelligent posters.

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:40pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok seriously are you comparing bow hunting to professional assassination?? Because that is fucking retarded. There are far more effective ways to kill with a blade than to stab the armpit in hopes of hitting the heart. Also don't forget this happened in Bulgaria a place not really known for it's safe environment. But again comparing an assassin to a bow hunter??!! I used to think you were one of the more intelligent posters.
    Okay seriously how stupid are you? I'm totally gay for Permalost but that's not why I'm jumping in on this one, your stupidity is confounding.

What the **** do you think hunting is? Bow hunting couldn't be anymore similiar to assassination. What do you know about assassination? Seriously, list your sources, books, or anything that proves you know what the hell you are talking about.

Also you must read at a 4th grade level. Permalost was referencing a discussion on the Dog Bros FB. I doubt you know more than the DB about weapons. Not leaving the armpit open to knife attacks is one of the first things I learned in my Serrada FMA class. Yes there are other targets too but Permalost and the DB by proxy have a valid point.

You suck Bneterasedmynam! Admit you don't know what the hell you're talking about and avoid looking like a bigger dumbass.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast