Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 12:25pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do more pushups or take up bench pressing.

Posted On:
    3/31/2012 3:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This'll be Déja-vu but yes, to do more push ups, you have to do more push ups.

I started by barely doing 1 push up before going down and that was without proper form, just do the amount of push ups you can frequently, and eventually you'll be able to add +1 to that push up count, repeat until you can do bunch of push ups.

I can now do 20 push ups with proper form, while not much, it's a great improvement from 1.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2012 3:38pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickLB View Post
    I can now do 20 push ups with proper form, while not much, it's a great improvement from 1.
    I can do about 20 also, but I'm twenty-five pounds underweight for my height.

Posted On:
    3/31/2012 3:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to be a good 80-90 lbs overweight for my height (265 lbs), now I'm at like 30-40 lbs overweight. (220 lbs)

The fact that I lost that weight probably helps me at achieving more push ups, but I know for a fact that it's not the reason why I can do more, before I gained so much weight and was still under 200 lbs, I still couldn't achieve a single push up for ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2012 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I'm underweight, I think it helps alot. Especially 25lb. It means I don't have to pushup alot of weight.

Posted On:
    3/31/2012 3:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While you may have to push up less weight, the fact that your underweight might also mean that you're not a very muscly guy (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just assuming this as if you're just be another average guy since I know nothing about you) since muscles themselves weight alot, so I think both ways it kind of sucks, I always hated doing push ups in my earlier days of working out since my arms would give up on the first one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2012 4:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, but for where I'm at in terms of height, age, and weight, I consider myself very fit. The problem arises when you compare me to someone of average weight. But yeah, that was my point, I don't have much muscle.

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 10:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im not an expert but i would say do lots of super sets with weights ( including shoulders, back and triceps) and bench presses. depending on how your body can take the work out and how good you recover you should be able to determine how much you work out weekly but you should improve to the point where you can work out almost everyday. and do not workout all the same muscle groups the same day. rotate them in groups of or 3 muscles this day 2 or 3 another. as you do super sets it should help with your push ups. and try to do your super sets with less breaks as you progess with heavier weight. as you do super sets alternate to a meduim set in between. light medium. light medium. non stop or keep going light light light heavy ect. you should get the general idea though. its perferable to do this in a hot room. also because as you sweet you feel better and lighter and have more stamina. and be sure to take some water but only drink alittle if you really need to. less water you drink the better your body will be to handling itself without water. and stay away from junk juice(soda, redbull ect) and junkfood.
    a
    also what i like to do is do push ups or pull ups in between my weights

your weight is not all that important in weight lifting. I look like a stick and i can bench 225 2- 3times. 215 5-6 times. my friend is the same weight but looks big and does 235 2-3 times top. we both weight 150. im 5'9 hes 5'7. lol i joke with him because hes ashamed of his weight but i dont care i can still put up the weight.

the most important thing you have to learn is breathing. even with push ups. thats why i lift better then guys that look bigger then me.you breath through your nose too. never breath through your mouth even when going fast. i never lifted more than 145 untill i learned how to breath correctly. i weight 150 because both my parents had extremly fast metablolisms and i have a fast one also. the most ive ever gained was 160 and that was from eating mc donalds every day for about 5 months and i still wasnt fat.

i also know a guy at work that is a beast about 5'7 also. he looks like hes 220 but hes only 170. he does mma also. he works like the way i described. i worked out one time with him when i was trying to back to shape and killed my traps for about four 5 days.
    Last edited by jussme; 5/09/2012 10:39pm at .

Posted On:
    5/10/2012 1:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some core work wouldnt kill you either. How long can you hold a plank for?

I have recently done a session of these.
    Just with a barbell. (one of the pump class ones)
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 5/10/2012 1:19am at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    5/10/2012 5:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can do 10 pushups in 1 go. Then I need 2 min rest after that I go for 10 more. Repeat the process 3 - 4 times. You can do pushups this way as well.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast